Bud Support - What is your technique?

• Thread starter ScuzyRoach
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ScuzyRoach

ScuzyRoach

Hey everyone, I was about to start tieing up my plants (see pics) and got to thinking. What other methods are people using and what is the effort involved.
I have used stakes before and find it a pain in the ass. They stick up all over and I always seems to get hung up on them later when tending the plants.
The method in the pics takes a bit of initial work but stays throughout the grow no matter how big the buds get. i do it about 2 -3 weeks into flower in order to get it done before they r all sticky and filling out too drastically. A friend taught me this technique and told me that the support at that time really helps the buds to develope w/ no effort to support themselves. They r attached to eyehooks in the ceiling above each plant.
febmeds_105_Medium_.jpg

febmeds_103_Medium_.jpg

febmeds_106_Medium_.jpg

:rastadancing:

K

kushpheen

Looks good, but I can't even imagine how long that took. I like using screens, cages or yo-yo's. But each room, strain, and system require different solutions. It looks like this method is working pretty good for you.

D

danko

trellis net with pvc frame is what im worken with. putting it all together tomorrow. four 4x4x4 ft frames with the nets zip tied to the frame. should work.

by the way your shit looks dank as fuck! nice work!

ScuzyRoach

ScuzyRoach

Thanks for the props.
Of course i should have mentioned this method is for growing fairly large indoor plants. I have always loved the look of the nets in the SOG methods. I need the space to walk around while tending and inspecting the plants. My method allows for you to slide pots a foot or two each way when need as well.
I guess it takes about 20-30 min. a plant if i tie up 15-20 branches on each. Thats about 3-4 per hour. 30 plants takes me a week or so if i dont go nuts. Of course i usually give them their last thinning at this point too so that is part of the time. You get fast at things trust me.

S

Sunshinegrower

That's awesome method you got!! The only thing is that you can't move the plants around which I always to. Hmmm..Still great idea!!

I use bamboo stakes and twist ties that come on a roll that always seem to get wet and the line falls out and turns into a knot. I know I could put duct tape or something on it, but that would require thinking..

S

S. Plisskin

How about bossman's tomato cage inside of a larger cage? Looks pretty sweet.

I just zip tie a PVC pipe to the side of my bucket and tie from there.

Zip ties and buckets two of the greatest inventions ever.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

bamboo stakes and bailing wire, zip ties, orange stake ribbon. I also prune them and use a prety heavy breeze from a fan untill I start to see resin formation (about 4 weeks) and then I back the fan off a notch.

It really depends on method of grow as well. Are we talking dirt? stakes don't work great in hydro, I would rather get a tomato cage or something similar for a DWC.

A

autumnlight7777

conventional tomatoe cages work great and fit in most pots

waayne

waayne

Tomato vine clips,lots of stakes,and nursery tie wire,and lots of time!

K

KoMA

that looks sick....check out my grow on utube if they post this comment...stickyfingerkoma.....i use string also just different way..nice fatty kholas by the way ..peace n much love

Top Bottom