Bud to wax ratio sorry if dumb question new to doing this.

• Thread starter AttackPanda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

As far as rosin goes; I get anywhere from a 15-27% return..depending on strain and pressing factors (heat, pressure, and time). I press when the flower is about 1 week in jars, but never wet when drying.
I use a 12 ton press with 4x7" plates these days.
Hope this helps.

That's awesome and I'm jealous.

But here's the thing that I've come to realize in dabbing exclusively rosin and iso extracts side by side a lot over the past month: The biggest drawback to rosin is banger maintenance. If it's pressed at too high of a temp or for too long, one or two dabs will leave a banger super dirty from the carbonized plant materials. However the terps are outstanding and rosin can be further refined quite easily, and hash rosin is ☄so it's got some definite advantages too.

Iso, when washed quickly and cold, is essentially full-melt. The terps that are extracted differ, but it means that money that would go towards a press now can go to more urgent things.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Alright, I was just reading up on rootbound before I transplanted because I thought I may have had them in the small half 2 liters too long, and it said to do that to break up the rootball a bit, I was really praying that I didn't mess up because after I did it I read more on it and found out you might have to score the rootball if it was rootbound, now the roots weren't crazy wrapping around it but they did start poking out the bottom of the 2 liters, But I don't know as it did pop out alright and there was still space for more roots but it was tight if that makes sense. So I'm hoping they spread out well, as I don't know what to do if they don't, when would I notice the symptoms of that?

Thank you that will help a ton!!!

Awesome I will definitely do that, yeah ISO is the easiest for me.

How do I do that? Lol still new to these forums, do you know any mods names?
Like this...(put an @ in front of the name(s))

@1diesel1 , @Rootbound , @Jack og
Can you help this member merge threads?

AttackPanda

AttackPanda

Like this...(put an @ in front of the name(s))

@1diesel1 , @Rootbound , @Jack og
Can you help this member merge threads?
Thank you very much, @1diesel1 @Rootbound @Jack og This is the thread I would like it merged with if possible since it also continues on talking about my grow and stuff, Would be greatly appreciated thanks guys

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

That's awesome and I'm jealous.

But here's the thing that I've come to realize in dabbing exclusively rosin and iso extracts side by side a lot over the past month: The biggest drawback to rosin is banger maintenance. If it's pressed at too high of a temp or for too long, one or two dabs will leave a banger super dirty from the carbonized plant materials. However the terps are outstanding and rosin can be further refined quite easily, and hash rosin is ☄so it's got some definite advantages too.

Iso, when washed quickly and cold, is essentially full-melt. The terps that are extracted differ, but it means that money that would go towards a press now can go to more urgent things.
Yes..my bangers get super dirty, and I don't use a bag! I use an old jewelry ultrasonic cleaner with a non toxic degreaser/cleaner. I also have more an one banger..as in a bunch..LOL

I also dislike anything alcohol related, but to each their own and if it works..use it!

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yes..my bangers get super dirty, and I don't use a bag! I use an old jewelry ultrasonic cleaner with a non toxic degreaser/cleaner. I also have more an one banger..as in a bunch..LOL

I also dislike anything alcohol related, but to each their own and if it works..use it!

Hahaha I'm so jealous right now. I have one that I've been hoping to replace for months but more urgent stuff keeps coming up.

AttackPanda

AttackPanda

Another one of my big questions is when should I put these into flowering? Should I wait a couple more weeks? I am just worried about how tall they will get, I don't want to affect yield as much as possible but at the same time can't grow monsters and they have to stay in the 3-gallon pots. Well more like 2 because they aren't quite full. I have 4ft of height to work with unless I pull the shelf out of my closet which I might just do, and I know the pot size will limit things too.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Another one of my big questions is when should I put these into flowering? Should I wait a couple more weeks? I am just worried about how tall they will get, I don't want to affect yield as much as possible but at the same time can't grow monsters and they have to stay in the 3-gallon pots. Well more like 2 because they aren't quite full. I have 4ft of height to work with unless I pull the shelf out of my closet which I might just do, and I know the pot size will limit things too.
4 ft will be too low!. The pot, light, and light hangers will all take up valuable height. Those plants can stretch 1-3x their height when flowered!

You can flower a Photoperiod anytime (even from seed); but yields will suffer if too soon. I suggest a minimum veg time of 4-6 weeks (18" tall plants) and only when the plant has reached sexual maturity. (alternating nodes denote sexual maturity)
Alternating nodes

AttackPanda

AttackPanda

4 ft will be too low!. The pot, light, and light hangers will all take up valuable height. Those plants can stretch 1-3x their height when flowered!

You can flower a Photoperiod anytime (even from seed); but yields will suffer if too soon. I suggest a minimum veg time of 4-6 weeks (18" tall plants) and only when the plant has reached sexual maturity. (alternating nodes denote sexual maturity)
View attachment 922203
Sorry, I meant 4ft of space just for the plants, I can raise the light higher than that by another 1.5ft, but yeah I am probably gonna have to remove the shelf then although I didn't want to. But alright I will let them go a few more weeks, They germed a little over a month ago so 2ish more weeks should be ok, hopefully the get to 18" by then. Thank you again for all the help, seriously.

Top Bottom