Bud wash solution ratios? I am finding mix info online

• Thread starter Sledsons
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sledsons

Sledsons

I am finding mixed info on the proper way to do a bud wash - Is the proper order Peroxide -> Baking Soda & Lemon Juice -> Clean Water?! Or Is it lemon juice + baking soda or peroxide + lemon juice - I swear there seems to be so much misinformation out there, it's confusing!!!

I need some info on the ratios of how much peroxide/baking soda & lemon to the volume of water (using 5 gallons). I just read something about needing to use warm water and then cold water for just the clean water. I am harvesting tomorrow so I am pretty stoked, just want to do the final step the best I can! Thanks, everyone!

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

I run a Kangen water filter so I do a quick dunk in 11.5 cold then hang to dry. Lots of people don’t wash at all

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Just to remove any debris and the dr doom I used twice in flower. This is my personal smoke I’m growing so I want it clean

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

It’s a quick process that I do. Dunk shake under water then shake dry and hang

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Well congrats on the grow!

If pm isn’t an issue than I might skip the h2O2 if I were you. I bud wash and only do h2O2 when there’s a possibility of mildew because it’s pretty harsh. Honestly the lemon juice and baking soda will be very effective at removing anything you don’t want. Mix them in room temp (or a few degrees more) and then have another bucket with tap cold (unless your tap is unreasonably cold). And voila

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Warm water so it soaks in nice but doesn’t cause the trichs to knock off.

do what you gotta do but too much washing will definitely result in loss thc and terps so don’t go treating it like your veggies haha but that being said I wash all the time and never had a problem.

Sledsons

Sledsons

Warm water so it soaks in nice but doesn’t cause the trichs to knock off.

do what you gotta do but too much washing will definitely result in loss thc and terps so don’t go treating it like your veggies haha but that being said I wash all the time and never had a problem.
Cool, so like you said h202 is being used mainly for powdery mildew? My RH is on point so I have never had any issues like that (plus I am adding an extra fan to help with airflow) - I guess I should just use two buckets and keep it simple? One lemon/peroxide and the other just water? Like I said it's just from ladybugs / aphids so I am just looking to clean anything off that might still be there.

Check out my profile pic, that's my bud! I did a little photoshoot last night since I am a photographer and I wanted to document one of the top colas. I was thinking about entering into the photo contest for next month!

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

That’s the only time I’d use h2O2 yep. And even then I think baking soda would tackle most of and pm but just in case.

But I was saying I’d be doing baking soda and lemon juice in one bucket and tap cold rinse in another and skip h202 entirely if I was in your shoes.

Nice pic!

Sledsons

Sledsons

That’s the only time I’d use h2O2 yep. And even then I think baking soda would tackle most of and pm but just in case.

But I was saying I’d be doing baking soda and lemon juice in one bucket and tap cold rinse in another and skip h202 entirely if I was in your shoes.

Nice pic!
Awesome man, thank you! I am just going to keep it simple then and skip the h202 bath. She smells great! I can't wait to get through this and really try her out. Really appreciate the insight!

NorCalGal

NorCalGal

I am finding mixed info on the proper way to do a bud wash - Is the proper order Peroxide -> Baking Soda & Lemon Juice -> Clean Water?! Or Is it lemon juice + baking soda or peroxide + lemon juice - I swear there seems to be so much misinformation out there, it's confusing!!!

I need some info on the ratios of how much peroxide/baking soda & lemon to the volume of water (using 5 gallons). I just read something about needing to use warm water and then cold water for just the clean water. I am harvesting tomorrow so I am pretty stoked, just want to do the final step the best I can! Thanks, everyone!
So, I see that you went with the baking soda and lemon juice without H202 but never saw an answer to the question of ratio. I've seen 1/4 cup and 3/4 cup of each for a 5 gallon bucket. What did you use and how was the smoke?

Jayde962

Jayde962

Awesome man, thank you! I am just going to keep it simple then and skip the h202 bath. She smells great! I can't wait to get through this and really try her out. Really appreciate the insight!
How did the buds turn out?

Top Bottom