Bud Washing

• Thread starter 5Chord
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
5Chord

5Chord

I keep a pretty pretty clean grow area, but mites, Neem oil and other minor contaminants are always going to be a part of growing. As a hobby grower for about 4 years now and pulled the trigger on bud-washing after kicking the idea around for awhile.
Bud washing

I just harvested a nice crop of Sour Bubba and decided it would be the first batch

Bud washing 3

All I used for the wash was 1 full lemon, a cap-full of H202 and fresh tap water.

Bud washing 4

First I filled the bucket with (room temp or cooler) tap water, the lemon and H202. Then I dunked the branches in the water several times. I immediately rinsed in clean tap water and chopped up the branches in manageable sizes so they would easily fit in the salad spinner. I gave it a good spin and put all the branches in the drying rack as usual.
Bud washing 5

I was pleased to see that after washing 2 5 gal buckets fresh of Sour Bubba buds, the water wasn't too gross. If fact is was much cleaner than I expected.

Bud washing 7
Bud washing 8

You can see there are no shortage of trichromes and the bud did appear to be a little brighter in color, even if it was my imagination but I noticed no difference in taste and potency.

In the end, the washing wasn't a whole lot of extra work and the pre-chopping helped a bit in the final manicuring so I will most probably be continuing to wash in the future.

All comments appreciated

Bud washing 2
Bud washing 6
NHWhites

NHWhites

I washed my outdoor this year and I’m glad I did. There’s inevitably going to be ‘contaminants’ from at least dust particles so why not wash if it doesn’t affect the buds negatively

Rcubed

Rcubed

I keep a pretty pretty clean grow area, but mites, Neem oil and other minor contaminants are always going to be a part of growing. As a hobby grower for about 4 years now and pulled the trigger on bud-washing after kicking the idea around for awhile.
View attachment 767798

I just harvested a nice crop of Sour Bubba and decided it would be the first batch

View attachment 767800
All I used for the wash was 1 full lemon, a cap-full of H202 and fresh tap water.

View attachment 767801
First I filled the bucket with (room temp or cooler) tap water, the lemon and H202. Then I dunked the branches in the water several times. I immediately rinsed in clean tap water and chopped up the branches in manageable sizes so they would easily fit in the salad spinner. I gave it a good spin and put all the branches in the drying rack as usual. View attachment 767802
I was pleased to see that after washing 2 5 gal buckets fresh of Sour Bubba buds, the water wasn't too gross. If fact is was much cleaner than I expected.

View attachment 767807 View attachment 767819

You can see there are no shortage of trichromes and the bud did appear to be a little brighter in color, even if it was my imagination but I noticed no difference in taste and potency.

In the end, the washing wasn't a whole lot of extra work and the pre-chopping helped a bit in the final manicuring so I will most probably be continuing to wash in the future.

All comments appreciated
I had my first outdoor crop this year and I washed in H2O2 also. I'm glad I did. Lots of dust and a few bugs came out of the buds. I hung them in front of a floor fan for a couple of hours. They cured perfect and the smoke has been great. I'll do it everytime with my outdoor. I probably wont bother with my indoor grows.

Top Bottom