buddering problem

• Thread starter mdTHC420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mdTHC420

hey all, i was hoping you could answer a question or 2 for me. ive never had a problem getting bho to budder before except once when it wouldnt turn, but the other day i was trying to make huge runs and i couldnt get it to turn. one difference i noticed is that the dome bubbles as the tane initially came out were much smaller and went nearly as elastic as previous runs and that the color was much darker than usual so i dont know if that had anything to do with it but those were the only differences i notice in the extraction. the trim i was running was a mixture of prob 30+ strains so dont know if one that doesnt budder in there would keep the whole lot from turning? im pretty sure that everything else was the same but any imput would be helpful.

thanks much farmers

Ever after

Ever after

heat mat's always make w wax butter texture to it when its done purging and such. I find if you wait a couple weeks it turns to wax or budder . Also try not cleaning your bowls after you scrape it that much because that had always been why i ever got ear wax . buddeer. I thought this was really obvious. the dirty bowl made a the earwax effect or just like scraping it all too soon and then puring it on a heat mat in a clump in the pyrex sealed. always did that too. :lock:

have fun

sdog

sdog

hey all, i was hoping you could answer a question or 2 for me. ive never had a problem getting bho to budder before except once when it wouldnt turn, but the other day i was trying to make huge runs and i couldnt get it to turn. one difference i noticed is that the dome bubbles as the tane initially came out were much smaller and went nearly as elastic as previous runs and that the color was much darker than usual so i dont know if that had anything to do with it but those were the only differences i notice in the extraction. the trim i was running was a mixture of prob 30+ strains so dont know if one that doesnt budder in there would keep the whole lot from turning? im pretty sure that everything else was the same but any imput would be helpful.

thanks much farmers

Hey bro I think you probably whipped it with a little too much heat. Like MDTHC420 said heating mats or my favorite a good old heating iron flipped over lol. Just whipp away at very low temp and it should butter right up
Good luck!

MeltMan

MeltMan

I am actually having problems with it buddering up too fast.

I just try to purge and whip the oil a little and it turns to dry budder in under a hour of sitting.

sdog

sdog

I am actually having problems with it buddering up too fast.

I just try to purge and whip the oil a little and it turns to dry budder in under a hour of sitting.

MELTMAN sorry bro I was answering mdTHC420s question and had his name confused with EVER AFTER lol.

The faster it budders the better, meaning there are no solvants left in the pure extraction. the waxier looking stuff still has tane in it, some people dont care but I wont smoke it untill its budder. If you want oil try 91% ISO

JH420

JH420

This is wierd everyone in my hood is trying to figure out how not to get budder, we all want the sticky taffy consistancy here.

sdog

sdog

This is wierd everyone in my hood is trying to figure out how not to get budder, we all want the sticky taffy consistancy here.

fersher bro. In my hood we whip till budder then roll it up like taffy, that is if you're using topshelf dank

Taffy 002

Taffy 005

JH420

JH420

MELTMAN sorry bro I was answering mdTHC420s question and had his name confused with EVER AFTER lol.

The faster it budders the better, meaning there are no solvants left in the pure extraction. the waxier looking stuff still has tane in it, some people dont care but I wont smoke it untill its budder. If you want oil try 91% ISO

So that is the opposite of what I've been reading. Most people are saying that auto-buddering is caused by trapped butane (underpurged)...all I know is since I've lowered my purge temps everything is auto-buddering on me...so it's buddering with lower purge temps which is equal to less purging.

sdog

sdog

So that is the opposite of what I've been reading. Most people are saying that auto-buddering is caused by trapped butane (underpurged)...all I know is since I've lowered my purge temps everything is auto-buddering on me...so it's buddering with lower purge temps which is equal to less purging.

what i'm trying to say is depending on what tane and meds you use the process of purging can be faster then others. after the first purge you let it sit cool for a couple of hours then you proceed to whip with very low temps, after you should have no solvants left in your extract. how are lower temps equal to less purge?? I purge longer and with lower temps and have had the best results this way

I dunno buddy I'm just trying to help out by showing how are process down here works, everyone has their own ways of doing things lol
keep it growing!

JH420

JH420

^ I'm guessing that a lower temp purge with the same amount of time as a higher temp purge is gonna be less purged.

bloads

bloads

^ I'm guessing that a lower temp purge with the same amount of time as a higher temp purge is gonna be less purged.

That would only make sense.

I've been making some batches lately, what I like to do during purge is spread it out as much as possible, for highest surface-area ratio. After it sits, purging over hot/warm water, for 15-30 mins, I'll scrape it all up (which is easy since it's very warm) then spread it all out again. I repeat this a few times. My thoughts are, the more surface area that's exposed to air, while it's very warm, the best chance the butane has of fully escaping.

It's been working really well for me, my shit sounds like the glass container its in, @ room temperature, when you smack it with a poker, but it's still clear.

G

ganjherbsmoke

Heating and whipping is one the fastest ways to budder oil some strains just autobudderr on ya and the moisture in the air will cause it to happen as well if its higher than norm I'm w u jh not a fan of wax or buddery erls I like my ish gooey comes out real nice if u got it in a dish

stickyicky

stickyicky

I am new to the errl game. I use warm water in warming dish for purging. Budder in under 1 hour usually. Time is dependant upon strain, bud or trim. These are my findings after 6 runs.

stickyicky

stickyicky

BHO totals

I vaped some of my latest batch tonite. Lower branches off Casey Dawg. Ran 110 grams and pulled 9g's of oil. The shit is EPIC!!! if I don't say so myself. I feel thats a good run. I'm new at running BHO though. I can't find many threads with what totals peeps are pulling. Good? Bad? Average?

Thanks,

DSCN4634
DSCN4638
C

cannabinoid

I vaped some of my latest batch tonite. Lower branches off Casey Dawg. Ran 110 grams and pulled 9g's of oil. The shit is EPIC!!! if I don't say so myself. I feel thats a good run. I'm new at running BHO though. I can't find many threads with what totals peeps are pulling. Good? Bad? Average?

Thanks,

was your material fresh? or dried and cured? for trim the yield is around 3-5%, shake 8-10% and flowers 15-20% generally. a few resinous buds will push the holy grail 25% yield

stickyicky

stickyicky

was your material fresh? or dried and cured? for trim the yield is around 3-5%, shake 8-10% and flowers 15-20% generally. a few resinous buds will push the holy grail 25% yield

Fresh. Right on Man! Thanks for the heads up. Feelin pretty average. Smokin' very non average. Whoooaaa.........

true grit

true grit

Not all oils butter, purged thoroughly or not and IMO the whipping is just oxidizing the product faster which causes wax/budder. Like leaving it out to "cure", you will see it start oxidizing/butter up on surface areas and it works its way through. I like oily, but for patients budder/wax is easier to handle. Just my opinion

O

organicfreak

wow CANNABINOID you hit it right on the head lol just got 5% off VERY NICE TRIM...

The oils is delicious... Little green color,but gets YOU SO FUCKING HIGH...

IMHO next time I will make bubble with my trim and bho smaller amounts of killer's...
Butane is to WAY to expensive for 5% yeilds..

Also I used a hand held minvac 40$ auto part store and a jar this allowed me to draw a vac on the bho 3 times in warm water.. NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE between the whip/ and purge over warm water Imho... AND MUCH EASIER.. check it out on youtube several video's...

Onespark

Onespark

Butane is WAY to expensive for 5% yeilds..

Great thread. I am hitting 20 - 25% yields with FRESH popcorn and using a LOW purge temp with 5x refined. They purge in less than two hours usually and go straight to wax. It is whipped the whole time. Others I know are running higher temps longer and getting straight platinum oily stuff, or even setting it outside all day to purge. It's all bomb, ya!? I don't care if it's wax or oil, give me my quartz plate and it's awesome. I have not ever felt there was butane left over in the mix and I have had it tested at 78 - 80% multiple times. The revolution will not be televised...

Wax1

Top Bottom