Budget grow light just for veg to keep continous growing

• Thread starter Dtraderbudz23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dtraderbudz23

Hey guys I'm looking to get a 2x4 grow tent and a light for just starting seedlings and maybe up to 2 months of growing before moving into my main 4x4 tent. Which will be for flower. I just want to have continous growing going on so I don't get bored with the seedling early veg stage. Can anybody recommend what might be a low cost light for thus purpose?

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Take a look at @SpiderFarmerLED

You will see them in grow threads all over this forum. They are a supporter here and offer giveaways all the time.

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

Hey guys I'm looking to get a 2x4 grow tent and a light for just starting seedlings and maybe up to 2 months of growing before moving into my main 4x4 tent. Which will be for flower. I just want to have continous growing going on so I don't get bored with the seedling early veg stage. Can anybody recommend what might be a low cost light for thus purpose?
What is your budget?

mjab702

mjab702

I have been vegging my seed plants on a $13 Philips 175 w low profile screw in led with the diffuser cover removed. It vegges just as good if not better than my Mars 600. I believe the box said it was 15 actual watts??

mjab702

mjab702

This is my Bruce banner reversed female. In a 55 gallon trash can.
KIMG03542

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Just a comment take it worth what you paid for it

Vegging for 2 months is a very very long time. Those plants are going to get big. If you think “I’ll just dial back the light and slow down the growth” what will happen is the plants will get “leggy” and the space between branches (called internode) will be far apart. This is the plant responding and searching for photons.

A better plan would be 2 flower tents and 1 veg tent if you want a perpetual harvest. 1 month veg 2 months flower. So every month you will move from the veg tent to one of the flower tents and in another 30days move from veg to the ither flower.

Observationist

Observationist

Just a comment take it worth what you paid for it

Vegging for 2 months is a very very long time. Those plants are going to get big. If you think “I’ll just dial back the light and slow down the growth” what will happen is the plants will get “leggy” and the space between branches (called internode) will be far apart. This is the plant responding and searching for photons.
Yea this seems to happen with really small coverage lights especially besides low power

Crazyman1212

Crazyman1212

a $100 light and a $69 tent 2x2x4 is what I use for my veg tent. Not only to start seedlings but to experiment and eventually finding that perfect pheno you'll want to keep as a mother plant for future clones.

D

Dtraderbudz23

Why even spend $100 on a veg light? I would purchase a couple of 4ft LED shop lights at about 5000k. You don't need a lot of light for seedlings and early veg. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Lightdot-Equ...g/dp/B09P3DVJ8K/ref=psdc_468240_t2_B08L33CRZN

The blue leaning light will help keep your plants stocky. Use the savings towards a good LED flower light.
Yeah I bought a mars hydro fc 4800 for the main tent. I just realized if I get another light going I won't have this long 60 day process of seed to mid growth stage which I find very boring.

D

Dtraderbudz23

On another note if I leave the little side vents in the tent open do I really more than maybe one fan inside to push air around?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Ventilation and air flow is your friend. To a point, more is better.

I've got an intake floor fan, an 8" exhaust fan at the ceiling and 2 tower fans oscillating in my 6.5 x 6.5 x 6.5. When your plants are seedlings you won't need a lot but as they get larger and fill the space that airflow is critical. Fortunately starting out, you can add a fan or 2 in 30-45 days and be fine.

Just don't try to run without an exhaust system as its critical in controlling humidity inside the tent.

Top Bottom