Budget Is $1000, Want A Good Microscope. Need A Little Help.

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StevenC

Hey all! Been reading and loving these forums for a long time a decided to register. I am trying to decide on a good microscope to start with and my budget is $1000. I am going to be looking at already grown buds and would like to know what microscope do you all recommend. I am not buying one to look for something specific but I would want it to find the basic stuff(mite eggs, physical contaminant etc). I am thinking about purchasing the $995 5mp 220x dino lite with the link below. Is there something better I can get for the money or would this do the job. Thanks!
https://www.amazon.com/Dino-Lite-Mi...=UTF8&qid=1477464709&sr=8-2&keywords=dinolite

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Hey all! Been reading and loving these forums for a long time a decided to register. I am trying to decide on a good microscope to start with and my budget is 00. I am going to be looking at already grown buds and would like to know what microscope do you all recommend. I am not buying one to look for something specific but I would want it to find the basic stuff(mite eggs, physical contaminant etc). I am thinking about purchasing the 5 5mp 220x dino lite with the link below. Is there something better I can get for the money or would this do the job. Thanks!
https://www.amazon.com/Dino-Lite-Mi...=UTF8&qid=1477464709&sr=8-2&keywords=dinolite

You don't really need a microscope.

All i use is a 40x jewelers loupe.

Those trichomes are 25-90 or so microns.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
S

StevenC

Thanks for your reply. But I want to really have a solid one. Is there anything wrong with the one I am planning to get? I know its overpriced, but I want to know if there is a better one for analyzing but for the money that I can get. Maybe a more specific one for this type of stuff?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Your waisting your money but hey if you got it to waist why not lol. You would be better off with a camera and a macro lens that way you could use it for other purposes as well.:)

S

StevenC

How would I go about doing that Grow. I was looking into that. I saw a user post something about it and he had quality pictures. Would I still be able to use the camera like a microscope? Can you explain briefly to me how this works? It would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Washed 2

Mon Dec 07 14 05 56

Taken with an eyeclops.
It's portable battery operated, and it saves to a thumb drive.
Has a built in light and an LCD screen.
Costs less that $100 USD.
Also have a pencil shaped 100x and a USB 50x - 500x
That ran about $35.
Color 1

Lovers

I'm quite happy with them.
If they work for you, just send me the other $900 :D

Aloha,
Weeze

Latest posts

Top Bottom