Budget Light for 4x4 tent?

• Thread starter PLantAsEED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

I have decided on a 4x4x7 tent and everything else in between, except what light to go with. I plan on using LED as they seem like less of a fire hazard. I would like to stay under $300.

Narrowed it down to;
+Mars Hydro TS2000, 310W, $250. Site says 4x4 for Veg and 3x3 for bloom.
+California Lightworks Solarxtreme 500, 400w, $450, Site says 4x4. (Cupon code makes it $382).
+Mars SP 250, 245w, $260. Site says 2x4 (I would have to purchase a second before flower making it $520).
+Philizon CREE Cob 2000. 450W, $255. Site says 3.9x3.9
+Philizon CREE Cob 3000. 630W, $340. Site says 4.2x4.2

Any experience with theese units or advice on other lights I dont mind if they are blurples if need be going for cost effectiveness with first couple grows. I am trying to avoid DIY QB as I do not trust the quality of the ones I see on Alibaba. And I do not want to drop to a 3x3 tent to save money.

Thanks.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think cheap led’s are likely more of a fire hazard than a good proven hps setup.

This is the best cheap way to some serious flowers and yield in a 4x4.

Or a ton of off brand amazon deals with electronic ballasts.

basscaptain

basscaptain

for 135.00 to the shop..... I may have 1 coming to the shop
just to have it hanging around here :)

would you run it on 240 or 110 not sure what plug to get so may get both....

Last edited:
basscaptain

basscaptain

sry PA didn't mean to jump your post...... I'm new to the indoor deal, and I'm running those POS from Alibana so I'm no help to you....LOL

Stay away from MAR's Really there's alot better options out there them that sh.t there selling... Just my 2 cents here.....

basscaptain

basscaptain

Hell if you want to go down that road with mar's... you may as well, get 2 of these and add some white led's....
they run cool and work.......

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hell if you want to go down that road with mar's... you may as well, get 2 of these and add some white led's....
they run cool and work.......

Those blurples cant compete with mars new boards. Cheap boards still grow plants.

Not that im likely to buy cheap grow stuff.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Those blurples cant compete with mars new boards. Cheap boards still grow plants.

Not that im likely to buy cheap grow stuff.
I understand just saying if your going to buy junk just save yourself the$$$$$ and buy junk.....
and yes all of Mars stuff will grow plants also.. But there is better opt. out there for the money...:)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I understand just saying if your going to buy junk just save yourself the$$$$$ and buy junk.....
and yes all of Mars stuff will grow plants also.. But there is better opt. out there for the money...:)

I was surprised how much that cob deal was. Only fair at the buy one get one cree price. All the single cobs like that are around 125-150 or so. And better cobs in the others.

I just meant they are like quantum boards. And have decent wattage for the footprints.

I might have to build an led of some sort soon. But for flowering i want 2700k i think.

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Even for the first grower, budgeter this year, I don't recommend the blurples. The LEDs, you should think carefully
Thanks for your interest in Mars Hydro lights. Considering a 4x4 tent, also more cost-effective, I 'd like to recommend the TS3000, it's already available now on our website, $440, the main differences with TSW2000 is that ;
Actual power: 450w
Coverage: 5x5 at veg, 4x4 at bloom.
Driver: 2pcs removable MeanWell drivers
If you have decision with Mars Hydro lights, TS3000 is the best for you.

Last edited:
basscaptain

basscaptain

But not all. As the tech improves the better stuff will trickle down. I can wait. The led market is funny. The best new customers are using outdated tech from a couple years ago or less. Theres a better diode out every 6 months or so it seems. Or sooner.
I'm learning that as we go...this is like back in the mid 90' sto 2002 where the world of computers had a new service pack every yr.................................................. and sometime 2:)

not to go off track but they want 70.00$ to ship that light to me over half the price..... I can get a light here form china for 40.00 in a week.... It really makes it hard to deal with people around here anymore...

Top Bottom