Buds all Crusty looking problem?

• Thread starter Billygoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billygoat

Billygoat

Well, I thought I would ask for a little help. I've never ran into this issue before and hope someone can help me out. I'm posting a couple of pictures for those to look at the issue. These are my Casey Jones. I've got 6 of them in this tray and I was thinking maybe I over fed them, but my PPM have been around 1100 and they have been doing fine. They've been in flower for about two weeks now. I keep the PH around 5.9.

I was feeding them Pure Blend Pro Bloom, Calmag, and a little green fusion root stuff. The root zone looks great. I've got really nice bright white crip roots. I did have some root aphids, but got ride of them. I was thinking maybe the aphids brought in a virus. Non, of my other plants have had this issue. Everything is contained with the Casey Jones.

If anyone has any thoughts. I would love to hear them. I would hate to loose these six girls and have to replace them. Oh, I'm using a 600HPS light and it's got a good distances and there isn't any heat issues. I think that is about all the info I can think of. I hope someone can figure this one out.

I've heard there is a virus floating around Humboldt, but who really knows.
Thanks,
BG

Casey_Problem.JPG

Casey_Group.JPG

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
thats trippy BG - your leaves look perfect - barely a lil burning on the tips

are you using those same nutes on other stuff you have going?

I had some weird issues with a sample of the new GH (DUO) line - went back to my normal nutes and it cleared up in less then a week

Billygoat

Billygoat

thats trippy BG - your leaves look perfect - barely a lil burning on the tips

are you using those same nutes on other stuff you have going?

I had some weird issues with a sample of the new GH (DUO) line - went back to my normal nutes and it cleared up in less then a week

Yes, I'm using the same gallon jug. It's got about 1/3 left and I've fed Blue Dream, Vietnam Black, Purple Urkle, and NL#5 off this jug and nothing like this at all with the others.

I'm going to mix up some GH 3 part like Danny uses for this cross. Going to start off low. I've been feeding them RO water the last couple of days. I feed them till they get a slight tip burn and then back off. Just like you see in the pictures.

Thanks for stopping by. I feel the same and think this is odd. The rest of the plant is really healthy. Leafs look good and the roots are rocking. It's got me totally stumped.

Thanks for stopping by and giving it a look. Hope fully I can get they to turn around. I hate starting over, but I've got the back up clones ready if need be.
Take care,
BG

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah bro GH 3 part is my old standby - when I dont like how something new I try is looking I go running back to that shit

good luck bro - keep us posted

Z

zoeronerer

they look good to me bra just a little over pushed on the ppm maybe ... i know yer numbers are good but the casey i did was not a huge feeder..(im sure u know that) are u mostly just talking about the tips...

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Doesn't look too bad

Those plants look pretty healthy to me, maybe a little too healthy, but a little reduction of nutes should do. As far as the buds they look like a couple weeks into flower to my old eyes. Sorry no help at all(ROOT APHIDS SUCK)pun

mal

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
is it only the top buds or every bud on the plant? something does look up if you look at the leaves closest to the buds they are starting to deform. reason i ask if its only the top buds is i was thinking maybe it was under a lower watt lamp then u move it to the 600 for flower and it stretched right up to the light. idk its a weird one billygoat, i dont think i ever seen a plant look that healthy and have issues like that. looks like its only affecting the new growth so it will be a non mobile nutrient if its a deficiency or a toxicity. stuff like boron, copper and what not. have u only been using r/o water?

Billygoat

Billygoat

yeah bro GH 3 part is my old standby - when I dont like how something new I try is looking I go running back to that shit

good luck bro - keep us posted

Ya, I'm the same way. I always keep three gallon jugs laying around. Better safe then sorry.
Thanks

they look good to me bra just a little over pushed on the ppm maybe ... i know yer numbers are good but the casey i did was not a huge feeder..(im sure u know that) are u mostly just talking about the tips...

Yes, they look good. First, all the hairs started dieing up. All of them got a major burnt look to them, then everything else. Started getting this dried up crusty look to it. Bud sites and new growth. This is Joe's cut and she feeds pretty well, but I've been following my notes and this just threw me a curve ball. Hopefully they will pull out. Don't have time to fuck around here. Got to much going on.
Thanks

Those plants look pretty healthy to me, maybe a little too healthy, but a little reduction of nutes should do. As far as the buds they look like a couple weeks into flower to my old eyes. Sorry no help at all(ROOT APHIDS SUCK)pun

mal

Yes, they look healthy for sure. I was pretty happy they all where growing well and at the same height. Things where looking good and BAM! I've been running RO water for three days and flushing from the top also. It's all good and I'll figure something out. If I have to. I'll rip them out and replace them with fresh clones. I hate to do it. Yes, Root Aphids Suck. lolol Every time we get heavy rains. The ants come in and so do the Aphids. They hitch hike on the ants.
Thanks

is it only the top buds or every bud on the plant? something does look up if you look at the leaves closest to the buds they are starting to deform. reason i ask if its only the top buds is i was thinking maybe it was under a lower watt lamp then u move it to the 600 for flower and it stretched right up to the light. idk its a weird one billygoat, i dont think i ever seen a plant look that healthy and have issues like that. looks like its only affecting the new growth so it will be a non mobile nutrient if its a deficiency or a toxicity. stuff like boron, copper and what not. have u only been using r/o water?

It's every buds site. Yes, all the leaves closest to the bud sites are deformed. These where under a T8 which is equal to about 400watts, but this didn't happen till just about a week or so. The distance from the tops and bulbs is more then enough. This is the only non air cooled hood, so it's at 25" to the tallest plant. So, I think this is fine. Since this would not explain the lower bud sites having the same issue. No, I was feeding them normal. Once I saw there was a issues. I switched over to RO water to flush maybe any issues. Yes, I feel the same way. Never seen plants this healthy and have a problem like this. I've never seen a plant do something like this.

I agree with maybe a toxicity and maybe a deficiency.
Thanks

Well, first I would like to thank everyone for their help. This has got me stumped. This is what I've done. The plants have had RO water for three day roughly. This morning I mixed up some fresh nutz and will see if that will help them bounce back. Here's what we are working with.

General Hydroponics 3 part

6-6-10
Calmag
Mixed at a rate of 5 gallons. Not to over feed them. My rez size is 18 gallons
Total PPM 520
PH 5.8

Running Ebb&Flo table with Hydroton in large 1.5-2 gallon containers.

Coco mat laying in tray. This keeps the green slim from forming and the roots grow out of the bottom of the containers and give them some where's to go and not get all bound up.

I run a cycle every 3 hours. They feed for about 12 minutes. Hopefully this fresh batch of nutz will give them what they need of they are missing something. If they have a toxicity, then they should get worst I would think. I guess we will see in the next couple of days.

I still would like to hear from anyone that might have had this problem or knows what it might be.

Thanks everyone for all your help and support. This is one for the books for sure.
Take care,
BG

P

paulycali

I had something like that outdoors one time. I believe she had a virus. She was flowering and then one day i checked on her and she had no chloryplyl no green color at all and smell like hay. Felt a lttle dry on the leaves. I think something was sucking her dry. Soil was moist, fed little amount of nutes. Just beautiful healthy plant and then all of a sudden she turn basically albino. Weird shit. She stayed alive but decided to end her life since i wouldnt want to smoke something from a plant that had a virus or what not.
Hope your casey jones comes back but man when that happens in flowering your usually in for a bumby ride. Take the ride for a bit and if they continue to show weird signs of budding. I would just kill them and start again. Virus's suck.
Good luck and hopefully its just a small nutrient defficency. I think Boron defficiency lookslike that if i am correct. rare but you never know. Good luck and hope all goes well

Billygoat

Billygoat

no worries bro - thats exactly what I would feed them + hygrozyme

Glad you mention hygrozyme. I normally use it and ran out. Forgot to pick up a bottle last time I was at the hydro store. Glad you said something. I love that stuff.

I had something like that outdoors one time. I believe she had a virus. She was flowering and then one day i checked on her and she had no chloryplyl no green color at all and smell like hay. Felt a lttle dry on the leaves. I think something was sucking her dry. Soil was moist, fed little amount of nutes. Just beautiful healthy plant and then all of a sudden she turn basically albino. Weird shit. She stayed alive but decided to end her life since i wouldnt want to smoke something from a plant that had a virus or what not.
Hope your casey jones comes back but man when that happens in flowering your usually in for a bumby ride. Take the ride for a bit and if they continue to show weird signs of budding. I would just kill them and start again. Virus's suck.
Good luck and hopefully its just a small nutrient defficency. I think Boron defficiency lookslike that if i am correct. rare but you never know. Good luck and hope all goes well

Thanks for all the info. Very nice read and sorry you ran into something like this outdoors. Every bit of info helps. I'll check the girls tomorrow and see if a full day of the new feeding did anything for them. I've never ran into a Boron issue, but I'm going to read up on it tonight. I've got just about every book and will see what they say about it. If things don't turn around after a week. My back up girls will replace them. They are growing fast and very healthy, so I would be down a little time. Thanks again for the info. Let's hope for the best. I've never seen anything like this before. I hope to god it's not a virus. I need to look into something to spray the girls with to protect them.
Take care,
BG

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

why did'nt anyone mention spider mites. It sure looks like to me you got them, in that first pic I blew it up and I see little white dots on the top of the leaves. Sure sign of Spider Mites.

Billygoat

Billygoat

why did'nt anyone mention spider mites. It sure looks like to me you got them, in that first pic I blew it up and I see little white dots on the top of the leaves. Sure sign of Spider Mites.

There's no spider mites on these girls. I've dealt with them before and this has nothing to do with mites. I've checked these girls from head to toes. I don't know what your seeing, but trust me. I've looked them over very well and there's no bugs. There is a little PM, but no bugs. Only reason for the little bite of PM, is because I turned off my burner. Just not to over do the problem at hand.

Thanks for your input. Take care
BG

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
man I thought I saw PM but then it was just glare off the leaves

saying they have a little pm is like saying Im a little pregnant, or have a little aids

still I never seen PM do that

convex

convex

If you have multiple strains and only your CJ's are exhibiting this, could it be a poor pheno of CJ?

Are these cuts from a known, good producer?

Billygoat

Billygoat

man I thought I saw PM but then it was just glare off the leaves

saying they have a little pm is like saying Im a little pregnant, or have a little aids

still I never seen PM do that

Are you a little bit pregnant! lolol jokin. The burn and a good washing from the green cure ends it good. I just didn't want to wash them just yet, but I have the PM under control. I saw this issue and didn't want to turn the burner on and wash the girls down. Will see what happens in a few days. If this issue doesn't clear up. I'm just going to hack them and replace them with fresh clones. Boy! talk about some fun.

If you have multiple strains and only your CJ's are exhibiting this, could it be a poor pheno of CJ?

Are these cuts from a known, good producer?

It's not the cut. Thanks for the input. This is Joe's cut and I've had it for some time now. I've got three good full runs with her. This is a first for me. Not the cut, but that's for asking.
Take care,
BG

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I swear I see little white dots on the top of your leaves. I can blow those pics up pretty big on my video card. Can you please tell me what those white dots are? They are not PM dots.

Billygoat

Billygoat

I swear I see little white dots on the top of your leaves. I can blow those pics up pretty big on my video card. Can you please tell me what those white dots are? They are not PM dots.

There where no mites. You might be seeing resin. Resin already started to form. Either way, it really doesn't matter. I cut them all down this morning. I'm not going to waste time, space, and money on plants that might not bounce back. I've already moved some nice NL#5 in there. These have a good veg and replaces the Casey. I've got clones I'm going to top and then get in another space. Let's hope this issue doesn't happen again. OH, and to make you happy. I looked at most of the tissue under a microscope and there where no bugs what's so ever.

I want to thank everyone for all their help. I still have no clue as to what caused this. Let's hope this is behide me. I hope no one runs into this issue like me. Thanks again everyone and have a merry Christmas.
Later,
BG

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
well hell - move on move up bro

NL5 - damn I miss the good ole NL of the mid 90's - so ez to grow and so dank

good luck on all your projects bro

peace

Billygoat

Billygoat

well hell - move on move up bro

NL5 - damn I miss the good ole NL of the mid 90's - so ez to grow and so dank

good luck on all your projects bro

peace

Ya, I'm so short fused these days. I don't have time to waste anymore. I've got so much going and planning a move. Plus, getting a large greenhouse up. Shit like this, just pisses me off. They got the hack this morning.

Ya, I like the old NL also. Had some vegging for a while and need to rotate them in, so this kind of worked out. Man, they yield nice and have nice hard nugs. These should do the trick for sure. I'll get some pictures up once they start to do their thing.

It's weird how they don't smell. These where good for laying low. No really odor to them. Nice frosty hard nugs though. Thanks again for the help.
Take care,
BG

Latest posts

Top Bottom