Buds all Crusty looking problem?

• Thread starter Billygoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

swayzie

those plants are locked up. they wont do much from here on out.. they will just sit there until the hairs dry up..

few reasons could have caused it. i just lost a full table last run because some of my plants did the same thing. i chopped them down, and started over.

L

lil miss lone

Hey BG, I recently had a battle with the root aphids and my plants contracted a virus because of them, but my plants resembled the Yellow Dwarf Virus that affects cereals, oats and all that. I had deficiency-looking problems and leaf death from the bottom up, leaves turning yellow and dying left and right, it was terrible. I ended up throwing everything out though, because of the virus. I had at least 6 months of veg time in these, so it was real hard. Yours didn't look anything like mine but I just wanted to chime in. I'm sorry you had to chop your girls though, that sucks and especially when your in flower. If you have the aphids I now consider myself somewhat of an expert, lol. I can tell you how to get rid of them, but there's nothing we can do about a virus :sick0004:

Billygoat

Billygoat

Hey BG, I recently had a battle with the root aphids and my plants contracted a virus because of them, but my plants resembled the Yellow Dwarf Virus that affects cereals, oats and all that. I had deficiency-looking problems and leaf death from the bottom up, leaves turning yellow and dying left and right, it was terrible. I ended up throwing everything out though, because of the virus. I had at least 6 months of veg time in these, so it was real hard. Yours didn't look anything like mine but I just wanted to chime in. I'm sorry you had to chop your girls though, that sucks and especially when your in flower. If you have the aphids I now consider myself somewhat of an expert, lol. I can tell you how to get rid of them, but there's nothing we can do about a virus :sick0004:

Thanks for your post and info. I think your right and it's looking like that's what I've got. I've been following a thread at IC and it looks like I got one. That's why I've been beating my head against the wall wondering why I have been having so many issues and not getting a good clean run.

I can tell you this. I'm pretty pissed off it took me this long to figure this out. I've never had or ran into a virus with cannabis, but from pictures at the other site. They are dead on what I have, so I'm guessing I've got to get ride of everything and clean every spot. Another I'm going to do before and after cleaning. I'm going to nuke my yard for bug's and also my room. I'm going to spray down the yard to kill all the ant and bugs.

Every time it rains hard. Damn, ant's find a way in and I know those fuckers carry aphids. Any ways, I'm ordering a test kit and going to test and find out what the hell this is. From what I've read so far. There are four virus that can really mess up cannabis.

Thanks for the post.
Take care,
BG

LBH

LBH

Just to throw in two more cents, I was just reading up on the differences between viruses, fungal/bacterial infection and abiotic diseases and the common point I found with the more prominent cannabis viruses (hemp streak virus and hemp mosaic virus) is that the chloroform is affected first. Yellowing and/or Graying of the leaves is commonly the first sign. Doesn't seem to be the issue here.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Just to throw in two more cents, I was just reading up on the differences between viruses, fungal/bacterial infection and abiotic diseases and the common point I found with the more prominent cannabis viruses (hemp streak virus and hemp mosaic virus) is that the chloroform is affected first. Yellowing and/or Graying of the leaves is commonly the first sign. Doesn't seem to be the issue here.

ya, these did well in veg and got hit when they where put into flowering. The clones all yellowed at all the new sites, so I'm thinking it just started with those. After looking at the pictures at the other site. They are the same thing I'm seeing. It just hurts so much. All this work, time, and money. Thinking I was doing something wrong. Retesting meter and buying new probe and it's a virus or funk of some sorts.

I'm going to be cleaning my room and all my gear completely and restocking with fresh clones. Better safe then sorry. Man, this is just crazy. I've never ran into anything like this. I was wondering why my plants weren't growing crazy. I've got great roots and nice and white, but they just didn't really go crazy like normal.

Guess I learn something new. I'll keep everyone posted. OH and it's some funk of some sort, because those NL#5 I replaced the Casey Jones with. Just hacked them all down. Same shit, so it's going to be virus. Two different strains, same issues.

Take care,
BG

L

lil miss lone

Thanks for your post and info. I think your right and it's looking like that's what I've got. I've been following a thread at IC and it looks like I got one. That's why I've been beating my head against the wall wondering why I have been having so many issues and not getting a good clean run.

I can tell you this. I'm pretty pissed off it took me this long to figure this out. I've never had or ran into a virus with cannabis, but from pictures at the other site. They are dead on what I have, so I'm guessing I've got to get ride of everything and clean every spot. Another I'm going to do before and after cleaning. I'm going to nuke my yard for bug's and also my room. I'm going to spray down the yard to kill all the ant and bugs.

Every time it rains hard. Damn, ant's find a way in and I know those fuckers carry aphids. Any ways, I'm ordering a test kit and going to test and find out what the hell this is. From what I've read so far. There are four virus that can really mess up cannabis.

Thanks for the post.
Take care,
BG

Sorry it took me so long to respong BG. Cemchris and I have been battling the aphids for at least 6 months (and had the aphids for much longer) before we realized the plants had the virus.
Can you pm a link to me about the thread of which you speak on IC? or post it up if you can, very Very much appreciated.

D

Darkstar

Virus' are a bitch and just like any other virus it can get spread very easily.
Scrap any plants that even show the slightest sign of it before your entire garden gets infected.
Best of luck..

L

lil miss lone

^^ You have to use chems though. I used Bayer Tree and Shrub (Imid), but I wouldn't use that one, stays in plants too long. Triazicide is the other product I used and its a Great contact killer. It may take a couple applications, about 2 to 4 weeks apart, then hit them ALL again with it, at 11-15mls per gallon. I also learned about this Liquid Sevin (or maybe its just called Sevin). I didn't use it, but looking back I would have. It is highly toxic to Insects but its not toxic at all to Humans, and is used on food products in agriculture.

Now, Chris showed me something somewhere about how the virus spreads by touch or through the air. I had previously thought that only aphids transmit the virus, but apparently plants can spread it to each other without that vector. That is bad news, if that is the case. Best, imo, to just chop all and start over. Can't use cuts from moms that are infected. Also, if some leaf material is left on the floor, new shit can get the virus from that, so I'd tear down panda even, bleach everything and start over. Were not even at that stage yet. Chris is building a new room, And to be honest I feel hesitant to even start again. looking out my bedroom window and the bamboo in the backyard is showing signs of the virus. Should I treat all that shit out there too? I'm not even going to have an outside veggie garden this year. Don't want to bring in whatever is out there. Man, its been awhile since I've seen a healthy grow, if I didn't have the net I would forget what one looks like. =(

N

NRG

Man billy, thats some tough noogies.
These root aphids sound like the AIDS of bugs.
Good luck on the nuking of everything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom