Buds Almost Ready, Then Stopped Progressing.

• Thread starter Lex86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lex86

Lex86

hello!
i have 2 automatic skunks which i grow hydroponically.
and it is my first time.

so they took around 3 months to start blooming.
then they developed all those nice buds.
the buds started growing and being close to ready to harvest.

but for the last 3 weeks or so, its like the plants have stopped developing.
there is no change. the tiny little leaves on the buds have stopped opening up.

i suspect the reason is high heat.
cause it was 3 weeks ago the heat wave started where i live.
cause the tips of the leaves are brown and curled, and the leaves very dry in general.

temperature is at 30 degrees celcious (86F).
but i have a fan blowing on them, at the lowest setting, which i suppose helps a bit.

i have the lights set at 12-12h,
but it is more like 14-10, since there is a little window which i leave open for ventilation,
and the sun comes up at 6:30 and down at 9.

another thing i might be doing wrong is that
when the water level drops, instead of flushing the whole tank, i just add more water.
could this be that important?

how can i force them to resume blooming? any ideas?
thanks for any help!

View attachment IMG_20150713_202119.jpg View attachment IMG_20150713_202144.jpg View attachment IMG_20150713_202155.jpg View attachment IMG_20150713_202215.jpg
Lex86

Lex86

ok i flushed the water and added nutrient. i checked the PH level (as i do every day) and it is good (5.8-6.4).
(my nutrient is the specialized blooming formula for this cannabis breeed, from queen seeds)
i also set my fan at a higher speed.
i hope it helps.

alaskind

alaskind

hmmmm, I know very little about autos, however I think heat may be effing with them, as you suspect. If you cannot cool the air, Id suspect they will suffer from stress. Is there any way for you to add a/c?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
High heat will absolutely do that to your flowers, and worse yet is that what's developed nicely could be turned into fluffy, larfy crap. Cooling is indeed your answer here, I think.

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

I had one experience with autos and was taught a number of things can cause them to be temperamental temp is one . Not sure bout light . But like normal strains are affected by light out of schedule. But I agree with ms.Seamaiden. and she hooked up some good info. good luck and hope it works out .

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

well, yes of course there is :)
i was just hoping to save those 200 euros and not buy an a/c.
but if i have to, i suppose i should get one for my grow room.
I agree with that. Gotta get wife to let me get DE humidifier for the girls. ☺ comfy plants make for happy plants. Imo.☺

soserthc1

soserthc1

86 degrees is hot but it should stop growth maybe increase the fluff to your buds but to stop growth completely naw .... My room Max's out at 86 and runs pretty hot for periods

What's the color of your trics ? Auto maybe done ?
Get that air and good genetics

Lex86

Lex86

most trichs are brown.

there are some very small buds at the bottom that are still white, but i dont pay any attention to those.

i have uploaded some pics if u wanna take a look.

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

You say that trichromes are brown .! You say that the trichromes are brown ready too come down. Lol No just playn .
I saw that for more of a couch lock harvest at around 70-30% . For a heady high harvest at 50% or under. Please check cus I want to know the info you get is correct . Stay green, PpP

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I think he meant the pistols are brown lol

Lex86

Lex86

right. yes. thats what i meant. sorry.
the trichoms are always white, no?

hiiipower

hiiipower

What's color of your roots?
i.e. white, creamy, light brown, brown...

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

sometimes an autoflower phenotype has not been completely locked down, and you are actually growing a photoperiod plant. try giving it a 12 hour pitch black period for awhile

Lex86

Lex86

roots used to be snow white. now they are a tiny bit creamy.
and ever since the start they have been trying to get off the tray and into the water tank.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Heat is definitely the first thing you should take care of with those. Looks like high heat, but also creamy roots could in my experience are a sign of over nuted plants. Roots should be bright white entire grow, and they will stay that way if you don't over feed. Also make sure your rockwool cubes aren't sitting in water, at all. Imo rockwool and dwc don't mix well. Rockwool leads to root rot when constantly moist, it really needs wet/dry cycles(not your problem here I don't think, but think of using different starter plugs in future). It's difficult to tell what your setup is from the pics. Looks like dwc to me.

Anyways, you'll be much happier(plants too) splurging on the a/c. You don't even need to vent your hoods typically with the right size a/c. Makes things simpler. As for this grow, I'd say what's done is done, not gonna get much bigger from this point on, but you can surely still finish them out and get some bud. Next round keep your temps and food down, and eliminate the rockwool from dwc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom