Buds are so small and pistils look weird. Day 45 flower

• Thread starter Mike_3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mike_3

Mike_3

I’m on day 45 of flower my buds are so small and the pistils look weird. Sparkling with trichomes but I need these buds to get bigger I tried MOAB which is a PK booster but no luck. What do you think is the issue? I had a week of cold temps at night 59-60 degrees. I know this is part of the problem but my temps have been great new no more issues with cold temps.

Buds are so small and pistils look weird day 45 flower
Buds are so small and pistils look weird day 45 flower 2
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

There's nothing wrong with the pistils. I don't see anything wrong here, if you increased temperatures. Low temperatures could be why your buds are smaller than you hoped.

You've probably got at least 2 weeks to go. They'll put on some weight between now and then.

Mike_3

Mike_3

There's nothing wrong with the pistils. I don't see anything wrong here, if you increased temperatures. Low temperatures could be why your buds are smaller than you hoped.

You've probably got at least 2 weeks to go. They'll put on some weight between now and then.
Some of the buds on plants are so airy it feels like there’s nothing even to trim. No joke

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
still just a bit early,
but could of hermied also.,

C

Christos1974

I’m on day 45 of flower my buds are so small and the pistils look weird. Sparkling with trichomes but I need these buds to get bigger I tried MOAB which is a PK booster but no luck. What do you think is the issue? I had a week of cold temps at night 59-60 degrees. I know this is part of the problem but my temps have been great new no more issues with cold temps.
How much and how often did you use MOAB?

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

They have some weeks still left so they will bulk up more and pistils look good to me. Maybe long flowering pheno or small yielder if this was from seed. Anyway they look good in pictures imo. 🙂

jamk911

jamk911

Theres alot that coulda happened but with that lighting and not seeing the whole plant we cant truely appreciate how abnormal it may look the way you do.. but im gonna take your word for it being soo small you felt the need to ask.. soo..
Heres mine which I feel is rather normal for its age tbh.. I am at about day 40 since 12/12.. soo use it as reference below..

Ok soo.. first and foremost.. how many times did you top your plants.. did you top more than a few times... or not give the plant time to recover before switching to 12/12? Either of these could cause slow starting or stunted colas.

The temps MAY have played an issue.. but im in New Jersey with no heater being used in grow room (just my rooms natural temp + my 2000w aglex (abt 450w draw) lights heat) and it hasnt done much but turn a few leaves purple, dropping below 60 too..

Obviously what lighting system is it..? If there is not enough red light .. the plants are too far away.. anything that is making the plant come up short on photosynthesis .. may be a bud issue..

The strain.. and plants overall genes may play a role as well. If its just a runt it can be gangly and have tons of small buds as opposed to a cola..( i actually have a runt rn I tried fixing by removing all the gangly branches..)

And then.. theres overwatering, poor drainage, a nutrient problem, .. something going on in the soil that is holding you back..
some nutrient deficiencies such as boron can cause small buds..
And mediocre overwatering can do it as well (believe may have played role in my runt)..

Its tough to grow lol.. soo many things can lead to the same end result .. its a guessing game most of the time lol..

Regular plant in pic 1 and 2. my runt pic 3 such a massive bud size difference lol

20220214 054817
20220214 054035
20220214 115659
strider26554

strider26554

I have found that very cool nighttime t3mps can affect bud size.However it does not seem to affect the overall gu!lity and taste and actually some of my old school afghani strains need the cooler temps before i see ANY amber in the trichs.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

You cant force them, just provide what they need,the rest is up to them

Top Bottom