Buds curing and staying at 65% rh in jars.. What now?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

Bought a caliber 3 humidity temp gauge. Its been in the jars with my curing buds. For the last 5-6 days it has been staying at 65% rh. Ive been opening the jars once a day for a few minutes and roll the jars to air them out. Is this proper procedure? Im asking because the rh doesn't seem to be going down and curious if this is normal..seems to be taking a long time to go down.. There is a link for the caliber 3 and i have followed it to the tee! Any help is appreciated!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You could loosen the lid jars if you want RH to come down, but for me 60%-65% is the sweet spot for curing. I like a 2mo cure.

K

kolah

The slower the better, just avoid mold issues.

Instead of just burping I sometimes I take them out of the jars for a few minutes and then put them back in. I gotz to get me one of those meters.

putembk

putembk

You could loosen the lid jars if you want RH to come down, but for me 60%-65% is the sweet spot for curing. I like a 2mo cure.
Two months, good job. Most don't make it that long before it gets smoked. It really does get better and better the longer you cure. I have several small meters as well, about $15 at the grow store.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

you are on the right track bro. burp for a little longer or take the buds out of the jars as previously mentioned. when you get down to 62-63 you can just burp for a couple minutes a day, and then transition to just a couple times per week when its around 60. i rarely make it to a 2 month cure, it is ideal, but the stuff really mellows out after a couple weeks in the jar.

mikeb437

mikeb437

The plant was picked oct 11th. Hung for a week till the 17th when i gave final trim and brown bagged it for a couple of days before i put the buds into the mason jars. so its actually only been in the jars for 2 weeks or so. Im going to take it as slow as possible but i had questions when i noticed the rh not going down after a week in the jars. I have just been opening the jars and turning to roll the buds inside then i close but i can open for a bit longer if you think its ok. Thanks guys for the advice!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Try just flipping the jar lid. That way it doesn't quite seal. You'll still need to turn the buds because the uppermost buds will become much drier.

dorjewright

dorjewright

What's the rh outside? My rh varies wildly. Wait for a day when the rh is 60% or lower then leave the jar open for an hour or 2. Close and let the buds stabilize for 24 hrs. Keep doing that until the jar rh is 60% or so.
But like Seamaiden said 60 to 63% is perfect for curing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom