"Buds for less"

• Thread starter stone69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stone69

I've got the book "Buds for Less" and planning to grow my Top 44 seeds... when they get here, I'm waiting very impatiently... according to the book as well as I can, any views on growing in a time released mixture? or any other ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Stone

U

USMCtanker

i have the same book and am on my 1st grow. i used the same setup and soil he uses in the book. the 3 cups soil and 1 cup perlite and my plants are doing great. im trying 50/50 for perlite and verm see how that goes. are you going to use CFL if so what kind are you useing, i dont know about you but i dont have much money to start so i had to make do. i use the for vegg can get from any hardwear store usually in a blue package.
and the for flowering.
and alittle love your plants should be fine.. and you save money. this one is the red pack.
i just get the y divider and get them as close as you can and as many light as i can on each fixture..
as time has gone on im upgradeing the lights and everything from my local indoor garden shop. but the basic setup in the book will do fine for now to get you up and going and then you can just upgrade as you go like me.
you can check out some of my pics if you want as it shows kinda how i setup mine. happy growing keep us updated:rock

ConceptOfSleep

ConceptOfSleep

I have never read "Buds for Less", but I would be inclined to stay away from time released fertilizers, or soils which already have them mixed into them. The reason I say this is becuase with time-released ferts it is basically impossible to control the dosage of nutrients your plants are receiving, and also the time released fertilizers make it much more difficult to flush your plants correctly at the end of their life cycle. Also from what little I have read about them, TR ferts make it a bit hard to control the pH of your soil, which is one of the most important issues to plnt health and harvest yeilds.

You can get a pretty good basic soil mix from most home improvement or gardening stores, and can supplement it as needed with a quality liquid or powdered fertilizer. There is lots of information on these boards on organic and non-organic fertilizers and I would suggest reading as much as you possibly can on these boards before going ahead and starting your Top 44 seeds.

There is a wealth of information already written, and anything which you cannot find an answer to, many members here will be more than happy to answer any of your questions.

Good luck!
:cool

U

USMCtanker

I have never read "Buds for Less", but I would be inclined to stay away from time released fertilizers, or soils which already have them mixed into them. The reason I say this is becuase with time-released ferts it is basically impossible to control the dosage of nutrients your plants are receiving, and also the time released fertilizers make it much more difficult to flush your plants correctly at the end of their life cycle. Also from what little I have read about them, TR ferts make it a bit hard to control the pH of your soil, which is one of the most important issues to plnt health and harvest yeilds.

You can get a pretty good basic soil mix from most home improvement or gardening stores, and can supplement it as needed with a quality liquid or powdered fertilizer. There is lots of information on these boards on organic and non-organic fertilizers and I would suggest reading as much as you possibly can on these boards before going ahead and starting your Top 44 seeds.

There is a wealth of information already written, and anything which you cannot find an answer to, many members here will be more than happy to answer any of your questions.

Good luck!
:cool

very true as i have a hard time to keep ph where i want it. im slowly but surely changing to bigger and better things. but it does ok for now just gotta make sure you keep it in check. as i used the time release as show in book but after being on here my next ones will not be. :rock

S

stone69

I've got a two 18 inch flour, one cool white and one daylight, on a few stash seed plants, but I did build his little light set-up to see what was better, I have it a plant in a vermiculite soil-less mixture, I dont think I'll be able to tell much till I start with some good seeds and a Brand new start, I cant wait for my first "bought seeds" to get here.

U

USMCtanker

I've got a two 18 inch flour, one cool white and one daylight, on a few stash seed plants, but I did build his little light set-up to see what was better, I have it a plant in a vermiculite soil-less mixture, I dont think I'll be able to tell much till I start with some good seeds and a Brand new start, I cant wait for my first "bought seeds" to get here.

ya im excited to i ordered my 1sy set of seeds from here, cant wait. brainstorm haze x g13. only prob is i dont wanna stop now, i want more, like the jilly bean and so many others lol

S

stone69

Yeah! the more seed strains I look at, the more I want to try myself, since the early eighties all the good weed around here has gone to pressed, hard as a rock regular weed.

U

USMCtanker

Yeah! the more seed strains I look at, the more I want to try myself, since the early eighties all the good weed around here has gone to pressed, hard as a rock regular weed.

i feel ya. ya i always didnt know the right people so there is so many smokes i havent tried. everything i get here is not so good, every now and then i get some ak 47 that isnt cured right. so i cant wait tell mine in flower re done

S

stone69

Thanks Tank, you've got a good set-up, a lot going on in there, looks great...

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah guys plus canna nutes will make ya a pro in no time .

U

USMCtanker

thanks its been going well so far.

and zoo ill haft to do some reading on that canna nutes . once i get my beans i wanna go all out on these and not my poor man getto style lol
man i love this bc no matter how much i learn everyday and thing wow i dont think there is anything else everytime i come on here im like what the hell is that. lol and ohh i see i want that lol or im trying that. thanks for the tips

S

stone69

I'm confused, what are canna nutes... it's not a lizzard? By the way.. I love your movies!

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
LOL , I have a canna nutes thread here that will help ya alot plus if ya have any questions I'll do my best to guide ya thru things . I'm not so great at posting links so maybe someone can find it and post it for ya .:rock

mr. chunky nugz

mr. chunky nugz

heres that link

coco+canna nutes is practically fool proof, and thats coming from an ex soil user that is all about his coco now!

U

USMCtanker

coco+canna nutes is practically fool proof, and thats coming from an ex soil user that is all about his coco now![/QUOTE]

thanks for link, im gonna do this for my next batch

Top Bottom