Buds into hash.

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I was left with to much weed this harvest and I wanted to turn the buds into bubble hash.

I have ran the trimmings thru before and loved it.

How do I work it with the buds?

I was thinking about the coffee grinder but that will take a while.

Or just putting the whole buds in the mixer???

Anyways I would love some insight.

greenjoe

greenjoe

try and break up the buds as much as you can......using your hands or scissors.....worked for me

Wicked1

Wicked1

thanks JOE was wondering myself....my brother hermied the his run in the final week by leaving them in the dark....male preflowers and nanners everywhere....going to make hash from it so just cut it up w/ scissors....I already dried it out real crumbly too and then froze it.
W1

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

DO NOT BREAK OR GRIND THE BUDS!!! (lol you can do what you like of course;) )

Trichomes are what you are after, any kind of molestation or mutilation is just going to break them up. You'll be collecting little broken half spheres lacking any of the delicious oil inside. You end up with weak sand that doesnt stick together and isnt even as potent as the bud you started with.The less you handle it, the more whole trichomes you will have to stick together.

You dont even need a screen with fresh untrimmed buds, simply fill a bucket with ice water, take the whole cola on the stem and dunk it in there. Dunk and pull rapidly for about 10 seconds and check out the situation on the bud. Your looking to see if you've lost trichomes from the surface. Repeat until satisfied with trichomeless buds. Let dry and turn whats left into alcohol extracted hash oil.

Perryl

Perryl

I did 2 different runs of this.

First run was with Madagascar, Timewarp, and Atomic Haze. About an oz of each. The yield sucked, would have got twice as much value if I made BHO with it.

Second run was a QP of OG. Almost everything landed in the 73 and 45 bags. Made some good hash, but again the yield was horrible.

With that said, was my first time doing it. I may have overloaded the machine. It has certainly discouraged me from doing it again for now.

I think if I had used 1 oz of material, 1 bag of ice, and 1 gallon of distilled water (at a time) then it might have worked out to a higher yield.

I think it might be sensible to beat it up for less time (I did 15 mins), and even maybe manually (I used a washer). I freeze my material beforehand, and mix ice in the pyramid bag with the material. I didn't grind the buds though, as Panda said.. You're after trichromes, and grinding up your materials doesn't help you with that. Ideal starting material would be never dried, fresh to frozen, but I don't have access to that. So been using dry buds.

I'd be open to doing it again, but I could use some advice. Based on what I wrote here, does anyone have any suggestions to improve this process? Can anyone confirm any of my theories above? Is it ultimately just better to make cannibutter or bhos from bud than it is to make ice/bubble hash?

sixstring

sixstring

I like doing bho and butter a lot more then bubble.just seems like so much work for very little end product making ice hash and I have never been real impressed with my bubble although my friends all liked it lol,.but butter is simple and not much is left behind,same with bho .I just saw a vid here that someone posted on bho where you spray into a empty jar,then put your weed in to soak for a few minutes and just pour it out through a few coffey filters.looked real easy so I might try that soon.
as far as bubble I never used a machine,always just churned that shit by hand.i use the 5 gal bag set and the 73mic is def my fav to smoke.fresh frozen trim seemed to give a slightly higher yield then using dry broken nugz for me anyways.gl

Perryl

Perryl

Thanks for the quick reply.

I regularly make BHOs, but there are so many methods and different textures of end product. It's almost limitless.

We tried out making the bubble because we wanted to get a lot of 120mic or so to make some hash butter for hash candies. It seems that my previous method of using dried flower in a double boiler is more cost efficient though.

Thanks for the advice, it seems that my assumption is probably right when I say that it's wasteful to use dry bud to make bubble. However, it works just fine for making bhos.

Top Bottom