buds not developing, hairs dying way too early

• Thread starter Organicyumyum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Organicyumyum

hey guys. this is a pretty advanced question considering in 10 years of growing ive never seen this and i cant find the answer anywhere on the internet. none of my buddies have had an answer either. anyway, last run about a third of my room ended up being weak buds that didnt develop and/or produce the normal amount of resin. some of the plants were new cuts, and i was thinking they were just weak cuts (or maybe a bad batch of soil), but some of them were cuts ive been running for years. now i have a new run in and more of my plants are doing this. this run i switched to roots organic 707 to ensure it wasnt the fault of Fox Farm's ocean forest. a few of my new plants are displaying this early on again, and im worried im going to have a room full of hay. does anyone have any idea what it could be? im thinking of cleaning out the whole room, all the pots, etc. i haven't had any disease in my room in over a year, but im now worrying this is some type of weird disease. any help would be appreciated. thanks. :sweating

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Do you have a pic? And just curious, any particular variety showing this symptom more than others? Is it a purple type? How were your temps, or was everything normal and the plants just took this on?
Have you had your water tested?

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Water would be my first thing to get checked, also have you ruled out root aphids?

G81

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Could also be a strange soil pathogen if your running organics, do you brew your own tea, if so there could be something lurking there. Peace

G81

O

Organicyumyum

Do you have a pic? And just curious, any particular variety showing this symptom more than others? Is it a purple type? How were your temps, or was everything normal and the plants just took this on?
Have you had your water tested?

Water would be my first thing to get checked, also have you ruled out root aphids?

G81

Could also be a strange soil pathogen if your running organics, do you brew your own tea, if so there could be something lurking there. Peace

G81

no root aphids or bugs of any kind, and i buy my water from the store so i know it's all good, been doing it for years. as far as the tea, i do brew tea but it is the highest quality tea on the market. also, i havent brewed any this cycle so i know it's not that. honestly, ive never seen anything like it. i was thinking it was some weird disease or something. this is quite the conundrum, and whoever figures it out will be saving a lot of people a lot of time and trouble. like i said, 10 years of non stop growing of the highest quality organics possible and i've never seen this problem before.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if you could take a few pics so we could see what it looks like. are they sorta balding looking kinda like a chea pet that 1st starts growing?

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Are you sure there are no root aphids bro? I had the same thing happen to me and it ended up being root aphids.. I couldn't even see that I had them till everything was harvested and I could really dig through the pots..

O

Organicyumyum

Are you sure there are no root aphids bro? I had the same thing happen to me and it ended up being root aphids.. I couldn't even see that I had them till everything was harvested and I could really dig through the pots..

im gonna scour the soil tonight and see if i see anything.

O

Organicyumyum

if you could take a few pics so we could see what it looks like. are they sorta balding looking kinda like a chea pet that 1st starts growing?

never seen a chia pet grow, but it kinda sounds like what you are talking about. my camera is shit so you wouldnt be able to tell. it only happened on certain plants last run (not my albert walkers) but this time it looks like it's doing it on the walkers this time.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
give them a good flush with ph water make sure you get run off coming out. to me is sounds like there is a toxicity going on. if your worried only do it to a few plants in a few days you should see soem nice white pistils coming out.

O

Organicyumyum

give them a good flush with ph water make sure you get run off coming out. to me is sounds like there is a toxicity going on. if your worried only do it to a few plants in a few days you should see soem nice white pistils coming out.

hmmm, i'll give it a try. i don't see where the toxicity would be from considering everything i use is completely organic. ive been growing in pretty much the same style for 10+ years and have never seen this problem. the only time i have seen plants do this is when they came from a weakened mother plant, but this is impossible seeing that it's happening to multiple strains. my albert walker cut is super strong and it's doing it to these now. im really hoping it is root aphids so i can destroy those bastards and go on with life.

O

Organicyumyum

G81

Surfr and Green81, thank you!!!! im pretty sure i have aphids. the only other time i have had them i was able to spot them, mainly because there were winged ones. i just checked my soil and i saw small bugs crawling on the top of the soil. i gotta check them under a scope but im pretty darn sure they were aphids. if that is it i thank you both, you may have just saved my crop! thank you so much brothers! no one else i talked to ever mentioned them. sometimes the easiest things can ruin everything.

O

Organicyumyum

Time to get some Met52 bro!

is that what i need? is it organic? i have a gallon of sns-203 which im gonna try. ive never used it, just had it on hand just in case. every other sns product has worked like a charm so im hoping this will too. these
motherf---ers literally had me thinking i lost my skills. such an easy thing to overlook, especially when you dont normally have pests. im just trying to figure out how i could have gotten them. wonder if it was in some fox farms soil. the only other time i had aphids they had wings and i was getting some damage on the leaves. not this time though which is why i didnt see it. again, thank you brother!

O

Organicyumyum

just scrubbed down my room and soil drenched everything with sns-203. gonna spray the whole room with sns-203 as the lights are going out in the morning. goodbye aphids, your life is over

T

TheIronLung317

damn i hope its going to be that easy. I never had aphids before, but i heard they aren't a walk in the park.

M

MTM

I like to have never got rid of the winged aphids,I had them so bad I killed everything and shut down for three months

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey man, thank god you know the problem now, good luck with destroying those little critters! :) peace

G81

smokie

smokie

I used sns 203 on them lil devils twice and it kills alot but never did the trick. I am talking about submerging the pot into sns 203 heavy mixture for about 1 min and it didnt work. The smell was heavy.

I used sns 203 on them lil devils twice and it kills alot but never did the trick. I am talking about submerging the pot into sns 203 heavy mixture for about 1 min and it didnt work. The smell was heavy.

Bayer, with imidacloprid,(sp) Kills them good

Top Bottom