Buds too frosty?

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenscholar

greenscholar

I have yet to spray and budding plants, I've used insects to combat a minor spider might issue. I will throw my plants out before I would spray anything. There was a couple of little specs on your plant and someone say bug and without hesitation you spray. Without even seeing a legit bug, even if this was a bug this is close enough to harvest should of just rode it out most bugs will leave after the buds dry. Plus smoking bugs in better than smoking pesticide, organic or not. lol.

Shedhead

Shedhead

The truth is, unless you wear a labcoat, hairnet and gloves to work on the girls it could be the pancake crumbs from breakfast.
I agree man most definately looks like contamination of some sort. Do you have any fans blowing on your plants? Obviously that's a yes so it could be anything, and I can't believe you went and sprayed them cause of two bloody specks bro. In the future do as the man said and scope it first for your plants benefit as well as yours.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I’ve never seen an insect egg that looks like that. I agree with everyone else. Probably just some sort of debri. I’d you’re worried then put it in a plastic baggy and check it out under a scope.

Miked1988

Miked1988

I’m 100% it’s not food or debris as they are still forming and it’s only on this plant one plant, so if I had to gamble on it being eggs or a unfamiliar sugar buildup that no one on here nor any of my buddies at the hydroponic stores have ever recognized I would say it was some sort of eggs.. it’s not just 2 as I stated i there were a couple dozen.. to be 100% I sprayed spinosod on the dirt and a watered down green cleaner on the buds 1oz per gl when they recommend 2gl per gl..and after I sprayed I rinsed them off with water

Miked1988

Miked1988

Btw had to lift up some sugar leaves to see some.. so debris and food are def out the question If it were debris it would be on other plants too

the rrock

the rrock

plus I’d rather spray as a preventative even the slightest chance it’s a bug or eggs than to wait it out and lose my crop to fungus gnats larva, spider mites etc

Edit:
Another thing I didn’t add is, this plant is almost ready for harvest but I have other plants beside it in My flower tent (all in soil) that still have awhile to go so I’m not just chancing this plant but all my other plants too that’s the main reason I sprayed
this is crazy talk,patience is growers best friend not panic

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
FYI I’ve never heard of fungus gnats causing a total crop failure. They are a nuisance and may damage your roots some but other than that they don’t much harm. More annoying than anything else. Use some mosquito dunks or granules to get rid of them. Not a big deal and certainly never spray any chemicals on your flowers. Before the flowers form is ok if you have to.

GrowDoggy

GrowDoggy

just because something is food grade or biodegradable or safe for cosmetics on your skin does not make it suitable or SAFE to smoke or INHALE .......... that's a whole nuther ball game ............... even if it does not directly turn into a poison when it burns - the irritation or damage , scarring to delicate lung tissue ....... is debatable at the least . I'm not talking vegging plants - we talking ready to harvest buds - smokeable product .

Let a pulmonologist look at that list and determine whats safe to inhale . Hell yeah its ''safe'' for your plants ...... not going to kill the plants ......... different subject people inhaling it.........

BIG RESPECT for the wisdom on this site ....... but this op doesn't even know if he has a problem or what ''it'' is .......... thinks fungus gnats lay eggs on leaves , LOOK at the 2 specks on the beautiful buds ........... and we're at a SPRAY'M debate ?????????? ........... seriously disappointed
Word.
Two specks of a suspected, "clump of sugar"... wtf if you think white cube sugar is going to grow from your leaves you need to stop smoking so much damn weed bro.
And honestly. You think that spraying chemicals on a flower is a good idea to remove something u could remove with tweezers in all of 5 seconds.
I appreciate the intrigue to find a solution, and I salute the preventative measures, although it is threads like this one and ita silly questions and answers that cause new growers to make all sorts of horrible issues starting out.
You also said in the first post it is your first grow, but then you later replied to someone who said you shouldn't spray your buds, then you replied that that you've used it before for many crops and never have had any issues or problems with taste on buds.
This IDIOTIC statement is going to cause 10 new growers a month to go out and preventativly spray their flowers with a chemical which DOES effect the taste and quality of your flowers because YOU said it doesn't. Your an idiot and don't post "information" that's based on a ego inflated guess because youve grown your first cola and think your a hot shit hydroponics professional grower, when really, you need to experience AND practice BEFORE you teach, or atleast post your information and above it, state that, this information is assumed and not proven, and should not be used as a guide by any means because Im a novice.
Once you have say... 10 successful grows under your belt. Then you may start posting information that COULD benefit everyone who educates themselves with it.
You my friend, are spreading false information and hollow facts, which WILL result to effect hundreds, if not thousands of peoples smoke.

Happy growing. And only post information that is GUARENTEED appropriate for educational purposes. Please. For the sake of cannabis 🥦

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

The leaves that grow out of flower are called sugar leaves you can never have enough frost but that is called trichome.

Top Bottom