Buds turning black

• Thread starter ELBURRO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ELBURRO

ELBURRO

Breeder
Supporter
I a have trim reaper and my buds are turning black. I think it could be that I am spraying to much olive oil. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Burro

O

Organicyumyum

I a have trim reaper and my buds are turning black. I think it could be that I am spraying to much olive oil. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Burro

not sure i understand the question, though i dont use trimming machines. what does buds turning black have to do with a trim reaper, and what are you using olive oil for? ive never heard of using olive oil in a grow before, except maybe to cancel out frothing from a compost tea.

ELBURRO

ELBURRO

Breeder
Supporter
I was using olive oil to lube the machine so trich would not get stuck on the machine. So I took a black bud and trimmed it and what and in the inside it is lime green. I believe was happening was the olive oil was coating the outside of the buds.

hiboy

hiboy

Bad idea to put oil anywhere ur buds will be, even if they turn red white and blue
h

O

Organicyumyum

hmmmm, doesn't make sense that olive oil would make the buds black. the buds didnt have this color before trimming? cause if they are a dark brown at all it could be botrytis (bud rot). i honestly i have never heard of buds turning black unless it was a very purple strain that looked black in color. I'll say this, trimming machines absolutely destroy the trichomes on your herb. hand trimming is a must in my book. but i guess sometimes there is too much work to be done to do it all by hand. ive yet to have that problem though. and as far as olive oil turning it black, it takes cooking herb on low in olive oil for an hour or more to turn the bud black. i can't see how a little olive oil getting on the buds would turn them black. but i guess it could be some weird phenomenon. moral of story, dont put olive oil on your buds, lol

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Did someone tell you to do that, or was it your idea?

Maybe Big Mikes machines are even turning your buds purple now. I cant wait to hear the ad for that one...

ELBURRO

ELBURRO

Breeder
Supporter
It not bud rot. The thing about using oil I read in a thread on here about the trim reaper. All the bud before I put in there where bright green. Also it been raining a lot here. This machine does not damage the trichs.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Dip them in poppy seeds and serve with a side of mashed parsnips with salted butter?

I like to be helpful...

G

gettogro

I just use a little spray cooking oil with my trimmer, works great

bloads

bloads

black's prob either existing oil far inside the apparatus being allowed to come out since it's mixed w/the olive oil, OR the metal actually grinding a bit and mixing w/the olive oil - my guesses

K

kolah

a lil garlic would be tastey!

prolly smell like ass when firing it up, tho'

G

grinkeeper

whats happening is a couple things...

first the machine is breaking or bursting the outside perimter of the trimcombes , this is common..

secondly the burst tricombes are now getting smeared all over the surface of the buds with the help of the olive oil..

have you ever tryied olive oil to remove resin from your fingers.. it works great and also turns the oil dark and it rolls off into little balls or tubes like a snake shape but very small..

thrid.. have you ever made hash from kef , bubble or even scissor hash .. its usually clearish to some respect or green with fresh Chlorophyll .. But once you start to work it with your fingers or press it , compress it it starts to turn black like afgan hash

well that because the tricombes are getting popped.. once they pop the protective bubble is damaged.. So the next thing that happens is OXIDATION . when it oxidizes it turns black.. thats why hash is black..

but buds are never black because the actual structure of the buds protects the glads from damage...

so the olive oil is helping spread the oxidized glads all over the buds and also the oil is helping to dissolve the other glands as well which will also oxidize...

just remeber air is the oxidizer, so popping the glads means air gets to them, turning black...

the word oxygen its self has a clue in it.. OX , OXIDIZE

Latest posts

Top Bottom