• Tagged users None
tj Wise

tj Wise

What is happening to my outdoor Kush
Crumble
?

MidLifeCrisis

MidLifeCrisis

That's definitely Botrytis....cut out the pink, rust colored parts or popcorn bud and get it away from your plants... I've been dealing with it for the last few weeks myself. Cutting it out sucks, but if you don't it just spreads. I've found it on stems, and from there into the buds. I'll take Hydrogen Peroxide and rub it on the stems where they are affected...and spray with Oxidate and Activiate every 3 to 5 days. It helps stop it from spreading, but isn't a cure... Once your leaves start to wilt while the rest of the plant looks fine, the bud is shot...sorry. Just cut it off and dispose of properly. Really good air circulation, sunshine and warm temperatures are your friend :) Something very hard to find here in Northern Michigan :(
Before treatment
2014 09 14 123148

And another branch post peroxide and paper towel rub down...

2014 09 14 123248

MidLifeCrisis

MidLifeCrisis

Good luck fighting it...it's a real B@$#H, and something a lot of people have to fight, so don't feel too bad...

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Lol at russet mites
Most likely bud rot but kinda hard to tell without solid pics

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, Greencure won't touch this. I'm landing on budrot, but it may have been caused by caterpillars. Look for "polillos" (tiny black turds) inside the bud. If you find any, you've found your most likely culprit and the fantastic news is that you are now armed with enough information to address the issue next year, before it becomes an issue.

If it's straight up budrot/botrytis, then MidLife gave you some pretty good information. Do be careful handling OxiDate because it's very, very caustic.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

That's bud rot for sure either start harvesting or ride out. Cut that shit out. Get some fans outside if air is stagnant. Move them around the tops and such

tj Wise

tj Wise

Mystery solved: Caterpillar. This one is about the length of a quarter. The problem always moved from a lower bud up the branch. First we found very dark brown Caterpillar droppings, eventually, just this one bug -- so far.
Catplr

tj Wise

tj Wise

Just to close this one, the damage was minor. We found about 7 more caterpillars but they had done little damage and were easily removed. I bet a bit of neem oil would have stopped them even faster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom