Buds wont ripen under LEDs..Help!

• Thread starter BBoyzDetroit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
So I’m a little confused with the OP , I get you have patients but wouldn’t you just let it run a week or two longer to ripen properly? Then quality is still there? And you may add a little weight ? I also get time is money but you’ve eluded to quality first.
Yes quality above quantity every time .

Madbud

Madbud

I’m learning there are various grades of led’s and drivers. A cheap 2000 watt equivalent amazon light with off brand driver and dimmer don’t compare to samsung 301 led’s with meanwell drivers. So i added another 1000w😂

patiofarmer

patiofarmer

What about a little darkness shock? I have done this once with a stubborn finishing few that lagged behind when i couldn't wait them out, but that was under hps. Not talking about the pre-harvest blackout, just maybe skip one cycle or dim light to 50% for 2 cycles. Very anecdotal, but it worked for me. Scared them into thinking they were running out of time. Got the idea from an unintentional experiment when I lost power after a storm for 36 hours. Also ran ac to simulate late season temps when I did it on purpose, I think that helped as well. I ended up just ditching the genetics when it happened again, had been looking for a reason to jump ship anyway.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

In nature, when harvest comes, the days get shorter and the temps get colder. Mimic this and you will probably get better ripening because it mimics nature.
The last week, go to 10/14 to shorten the days, and lower the temps to 60 at lights off and low 70's lights on. All of this is part of the natural cycle of the plant, you are just using it to make the plant work faster to a point. Add Far red to your light mix and you should be getting ripe about a week earlier from all reports I've read.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm almost certain switching to a longer light period at the end will cause faster ripening. I have not done it but I remember reading a few studies on it.

Longer dark initiates flower production not ripening.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'm almost certain switching to a longer light period at the end will cause faster ripening. I have not done it but I remember reading a few studies on it.

Longer dark initiates flower production not ripening.
Indian summer?

patiofarmer

patiofarmer

As I said my experience was anecdotal but I've always read and heard that extending the light period anytime during flower, even the end, is a bad idea. (a 10 minute light leak can mess them up sometimes, right?) They're photo-period so i would worry i was signaling that they are flowering at the wrong time, plants will be more likely to reveg I think. I would try to find a way to get the message to the plant in a way it can understand. If its a case of needing more light add lights or move the plants closer without changing the period.

patiofarmer

patiofarmer

longer dark does cause flowering to begin but iys not a static, 1 to 1 relationship. It triggers flower production at the beginning. the plant takes all its cues from the length of day in nature. I think of it like a marathon runner who knows where the end of the race is, if I can trick the runner into thinking they have less time to get there they try harder to finish the race. Again I can only speak from my own experience I haven't gone to school for botany or anything. My dad did, and for biology as well, but he never taught me about weed, haha.

Top Bottom