Buffering coco using organic dry amendments

• Thread starter prestondillan15
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
prestondillan15

prestondillan15

Hello I am having a hard time figuring out how to go about buffering a brick of coco using organic dry amendments such as gypsum and epsom salt. I do not want to use cal mag bottles supplement as my whole grow will be organic dry amendments. Can someone point me in the right direction of a good buffer mix that is organic ? The fertilizer i use has 6% Ca in it and 1.2% Mg, i noticed that the cal mag bottled supplements only contain 3.2% Ca and 1.2% Mg. I was looking into using gypsum as a Ca supplement but not sure on how much to add per gallon since the cal mag bottled supplement ratios are so low.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello I am having a hard time figuring out how to go about buffering a brick of coco using organic dry amendments such as gypsum and epsom salt. I do not want to use cal mag bottles supplement as my whole grow will be organic dry amendments. Can someone point me in the right direction of a good buffer mix that is organic ? The fertilizer i use has 6% Ca in it and 1.2% Mg, i noticed that the cal mag bottled supplements only contain 3.2% Ca and 1.2% Mg. I was looking into using gypsum as a Ca supplement but not sure on how much to add per gallon since the cal mag bottled supplement ratios are so low.
I know mr.cannuck has some videos of using coco with amendments. Would be nice to see a journal of this done if you don't mind

prestondillan15

prestondillan15

I have watched almost all of Mr canucks and he doesn't ever seem to have a problem with cal mag deficiency. I think maybe because his dry nutrients have enough calcium for the plant. But I will try to keep an update, getting ready to transplant within the next 2 weeks. Just have to try to find/make my own buffer mix

Terpz719

Terpz719

Roots Cal-Mag is derived from gypsum and kieserite. I don't know why that would be a problem since you plan on using gypsum anyway. Kieserite is basically Epsom salt. Please double check, but I think typically when folks buffer coco they mix the solution to 1000 ppm. Seems like you could do that with your gypsum.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have watched almost all of Mr canucks and he doesn't ever seem to have a problem with cal mag deficiency. I think maybe because his dry nutrients have enough calcium for the plant. But I will try to keep an update, getting ready to transplant within the next 2 weeks. Just have to try to find/make my own buffer mix
A little bit of lime would add the calcium. Mag sulfate is to available to use as an amendment and would need to be added at about 1g per gal for each feed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Would be awesome if you could create a diary... I'm thinking down the road after my first coco run I may also try an organic amended coco.

prestondillan15

prestondillan15

Roots Cal-Mag is derived from gypsum and kieserite. I don't know why that would be a problem since you plan on using gypsum anyway. Kieserite is basically Epsom salt. Please double check, but I think typically when folks buffer coco they mix the solution to 1000 ppm. Seems like you could do that with your gypsum.
Thank you! I will do more research into the Roots Cal Mag and as well as the ppm

prestondillan15

prestondillan15

I will definitely be back with some updates. So far my seedlings are doing good and I didn't buffer the coco brick they are in now. But for their transplant I want everything to go smooth. Running GSC and Tahoe OG , they're a couple weeks from transplant

Ryank303

Ryank303

Alright guys , while reading this though I could ask a question that a keep getting mixed answers for , can I use biocanna nutes in coco media ?

Top Bottom