Bug Id? Looked Through The Sticky And Didn't See This One....

• Thread starter DGP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

I had a few of these on my outdoor grow and was wanting to ID them in order to learn. I looked through the entire sticky thread on bug ID and didn't see this one.

Thanks!

DP

Bug id looked through the sticky and didnt see this one
Bug id looked through the sticky and didnt see this one 2

Homesteader

Homesteader

General area? Is this magnified? size of grain of salt? lady bug size?

DGP

DGP

Size of a knat or a little smaller, maybe 1/20" long. Highly magnified maybe about 60X but my microscope doesn't tell me what the zoom magnifications is exactly.

DP

Homesteader

Homesteader

Looks like a flea beetle like @Natural said. They are really small and jump far and fast. They will eat the shit out of your kale as well and put little holes in all the leaves. I try to trap them using radish.

DGP

DGP

I am still unsure but thanks all for the ideas. I guess there are so many types of bugs and sub-species that it can be quite difficult to ID certain ones. I always like to try and determine what it is when I find some just for the learning experience.

Like one grow shop owner said to me: "Everything in this shop works but somebody hates each product and method" "Grower experience is everything and yield is directly related to grower talent......not LED's vs HID not one nutrient over another or much of anything else but grower talent".

DP

Top Bottom