bugs bugs bugs

• Thread starter bigmikeyg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

hey all ...
take a peak at the photos .. have a really bad insect problem .. added lady bugs and while they are eating and multiplying away, and the aphids seem to be dwindling ...

since the addition of the beneficial bugs it’s seems like the leaves have some sort of dandruff stuff ... i assumes bug parts ... but my leaves are now starting to have a blackish brownish spots on the leaves that looks like mildew in a bathroom.. i have two plants in a green house .. would rather get rid of one so it doesn’t impact the other ...

the second plant doesn’t have as many bugs and the plants are starting to touch
any thoughts

Bugs bugs bugs
Bugs bugs bugs 2
Bugs bugs bugs 3
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

see new pics like the black is stuff .. dunno was thinking of hitting it with some h2o2 water mixture and give them a bath and get rid of debris

71AB25D9 27BC 4626 80F4 08AB16806870
2E5B2487 AB27 4C96 A968 551E1EA7D3EA
DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Black is poop

I'd hit them bishes super fast and super hard asap!

Too large for broadmites, they are not spider mites, they look like larvae. Imo, hammer down with promis, avid, mighty wash (watered down version of avid), forbid f4.

But better donit quick, as your plant are extremely bad. I'd just kill em off and start fresh.

norcalgro530

norcalgro530

you might kill your ladybugs off depending what you treat with. but at this point they aren't going to do much for you anyways. I agree with distydemon, treat asap

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

I meant to say to use 1 to 3 options above, NOT all at once. Dont wanna kill them off while trying to save them.

B

Burned Haze

If in flower use venerate xc ( can be applied till the end of flower same as 2nd choice and they both as no resistance ) than rotate with botanigard 22 wp ( mix with grandevo , than 3rd application evergreen 5% ( use the first two choices if in flower beyond 2nd week, 3x cheaper and same as aka pyganic 5.0) benefit of last product is the knockout effects

If still in veg stage

If it was me this is how I would do every 2-3 days Azaguard ( anti reproductive and slows me down ) , pyganic 5.o ( fast killing and safe as fuck ) , venerate xc , botanigard 22 wp mixed with grandevo and pfr97

But hey I’m ocd and also seem to be pest free For the most part ( when I have the encounters/infections of of bugs, I’m game and I already have my gear and know what to kill em and on my IPM )

Last edited by a moderator:
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

used to be way worse the lady bugs are for sure working some what lol ...

this is a picture from before the lady bugs started eating everything in sight

they are reproducing like crazy too as i see multiple juvenile lady bugs every where ...
i’m just worried about the plant being useless cause of the black stuff ... they are in a green house so no rain to wash them clean

31784645 8F2E 40DA 8674 CD5350CD84C9
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

spraying them really isn’t an option i can’t get the stuff you guys get in the states ..

if the lady biggs won’t do the trick and the black stuff is harmful i just cut it down .. to bad cause it’s 8 feet wide and 7 feet tall :(

but the other plant in the green house isn’t even to 1/4 infested as of now

B

Burned Haze

spraying them really isn’t an option i can’t get the stuff you guys get in the states ..

if the lady biggs won’t do the trick and the black stuff is harmful i just cut it down .. to bad cause it’s 8 feet wide and 7 feet tall :(

but the other plant in the green house isn’t even to 1/4 infested as of now
If your in Canada ? a lot of things i listed are available (if you aren’t , my bad, big world lol)

If your not willing to kill em with anything that’s commercially made or buy anything. and it’s not many plants, smash the bugs with your fingers ( I realize it takes forever )
just everyday go and smooch the main populations and if you can kill the ants ( that’s prolly what started your issues in the first place )

Last edited by a moderator:
Growbekenobi

Growbekenobi

Alot of bugs will shed their exoskeleton as the mature, that might be the debris? Leaves look healthy though which is good.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The initial pictures looked like classic spider mite markings, but then I saw the white stuff. I think the assessment that they are exoskeletons is probably correct. They could actually be from the ladybugs themselves, since they molt like most insects. If they aren't alive, I wouldn't be too concerned although you might want to try to spray them off if possible. If they are moltings, they should be dry and easily removed. If they are alive, IDK, I've never seen anything like it. I wouldn't want to be smoking them, though which is why I recommended washing/spraying/dunking to dislodge the exoskeletons (if that is what the stuff is).

ChiefnJoeBlo

ChiefnJoeBlo

I would spray asap. Ladybugs are good for upkeep but looks like you got an infestation.

BigCube

BigCube

I would honestly burn them down and start again after disinfecting everything well.

Those plants look too far gone to me. Wouldn't want to smoke anything that came off that.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

I would honestly burn them down and start again after disinfecting everything well.

Those plants look too far gone to me. Wouldn't want to smoke anything that came off that.

my first thoughts spider-mites! massive infestation, whatever it is!!

i agree with the assessment above. but also understand the fight.

maybe as a last resort, try home-made recipes for pesticides, might as well as throw whatever at it. you might be able to save the less-infected...

Seraphine

Seraphine

Here’s some more info if you don’t have access to the more toxic insecticides on the market. If the text is too small, I can send you the info on the book it’s from or I can take a closer up picture.

C4E4368B 7363 414E 8AF2 14F9F48365E6
A8D2E249 7F12 480F B7F1 1156464882FC
E5466598 4E8F 4B54 B3C2 2EF31F5FA2DF
72417043 511E 4834 935D 7D14CD3824E1
Top Bottom