Bugs in my organic soil please help me identify!

• Thread starter Nick420man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nick420man

Nick420man

I know the spring tails are beneficial but I have no idea what the others are please help me identify!!:(

I

Inferno

From what I can tell they look like small termites but hard to tell they are to small to get a good look..

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Have you planted near any dead wood fallen trees or limbs of trees termites love wood ?

Anthem

Anthem

Did anyone catch the white worm looking one about 1/2 thru on the left side. Like mentioned a lot going on in there.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
What all is your soil made of? Do you have some kinda food or organic material in there attracting bugs? Chicken poop? Horse shit?

Nick420man

Nick420man

What all is your soil made of? Do you have some kinda food or organic material in there attracting bugs? Chicken poop? Horse shit?
It’s a peat based soil with all dry amendments, I have red worms, and barley straw for mulch.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
It’s a peat based soil with all dry amendments, I have red worms, and barley straw for mulch.

I would say part of it is the worms there attracting other bugs which is normal, tho usually its the worms food source, in this case it could be the worm droppings, or the moist mulch.

You got alot going on but unless the plants are under attack i wouldn't be worried.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Also forgot to mention.. DEAD WORMS will attract bugs as well, so if you have any dead worms in there thats also going to be a source.

burnone27

burnone27

i see orbatid mites (couple types) hypoaspis mites, springtails, and that worm i suspect is a pot worm not fungus gnat larvae as its a little to big ( pot worms are fine too)
i wish my notill looked as good as this. How many cycles are you in ?

Nick420man

Nick420man

i see orbatid mites (couple types) hypoaspis mites, springtails, and that worm i suspect is a pot worm not fungus gnat larvae as its a little to big ( pot worms are fine too)
i wish my notill looked as good as this. How many cycles are you in ?
This is this first cycle

Budda.stank

Budda.stank

There are three things i would do: first get some yellow and blue sticky fly traps and put very close to the soil. Yiu never know how many larva will mature and start to fly. Second would be to get some Gnatrol WDG and drench the soil and lastly i would spray the entire plant with Capt. JACKS DEADBUG.

Top Bottom