Bugs in my soil please help identify

• Thread starter Beersponge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beersponge

Beersponge

Good morning all. Been having a real tough time finding what these little white bugs are motoring around the top of my soil. There size is approx of a granular of sugar and have to stare hard at the soil to see them. There not on the plant and have done 3 soil drenches with lost coast plant therapy and added nematoads. Took everything out of the tent and used a bleach/water solution to wipe everything inside the tent down. The medium I'm using is 60% coco 20% worm castings and 20% perlite. I use Gaia green organic dry amendments and give a weekly dose of MBXgrow microbes. I noticed them 3 weeks ago and didn't seem to harm the plant at all and is currently in the dark for chop later today. Any help with this is appreciated as I dont know if it's a beneficial bug from the organics I'm using or if it's something that I should worry about they dont seem to want to die off from the methods I've tried. I now only have 1 auto left in there 2l3 weeks old and wondering if I should just turf it and start fresh. Pic of the plant aswell from before I stuck in the dark.

Bugs in my soil please help identify
Bugs in my soil please help identify 2
Beersponge

Beersponge

This group was in the pot riser under the pot. Bleached those aswell after the pic. Thanks for the help. Just trying to get to the bottom of what they are as they seem to be resilient. @mysticepipedon probably should dry it first to save on shipping 😜

MI420Farmer

MI420Farmer

This group was in the pot riser under the pot. Bleached those aswell after the pic. Thanks for the help. Just trying to get to the bottom of what they are as they seem to be resilient. @mysticepipedon probably should dry it first to save on shipping 😜
I get these little guys periodically as well. I use coco/worm castings. I believe they're a beneficial organism that's eating things in the substrate. They pop out at water and work hard at getting out of the light. I forget their name but I believe they are in fact beneficial and I've never had an issue from/with them at all.

TheChronicThumb

TheChronicThumb

Whiteflies. Ladybugs are the best pesticides for Whiteflies. Put a couple Ladybugs on your plants and within a couple days they will have destroyed the Whiteflies population.

Top Bottom