Bugs On My Bud

• Thread starter Grow hobby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Grow hobby

I need help again. I posted a couple of weeks ago about an infestation and finally determined it was aphids, I used neem oil and thought the problem was resolved. Today I am just 3 days away from harvest and I see I now have aphids on my buds! I really don't want to spray anything organic or not on them just before harvesting as I'm sure it won't have time to dissipate. I have a couple of ideas but no clue if they will work, please give me your feedback or any other solutions you may have. First, could I harvest and trim then wash the buds under running water to get rid of as many pest as possible? would this also wash away tri-chromes? Second, could I harvest and trim the buds then put into the freezer for a couple of days to kill the aphids? Would this kill them and would it hurt the buds in anyway? Third, can I just harvest and trim and dry and cure as normal and the aphids will leave the drying buds or will they just keep munching away? Any thoughts would be appreciated, I would hate to lose all these buds this late in the game.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I need help again. I posted a couple of weeks ago about an infestation and finally determined it was aphids, I used neem oil and thought the problem was resolved. Today I am just 3 days away from harvest and I see I now have aphids on my buds! I really don't want to spray anything organic or not on them just before harvesting as I'm sure it won't have time to dissipate. I have a couple of ideas but no clue if they will work, please give me your feedback or any other solutions you may have. First, could I harvest and trim then wash the buds under running water to get rid of as many pest as possible? would this also wash away tri-chromes? Second, could I harvest and trim the buds then put into the freezer for a couple of days to kill the aphids? Would this kill them and would it hurt the buds in anyway? Third, can I just harvest and trim and dry and cure as normal and the aphids will leave the drying buds or will they just keep munching away? Any thoughts would be appreciated, I would hate to lose all these buds this late in the game.

Im honestly surprised theyre even very active on the buds, ive found mites on buds from other people and they seem very subdued by the essential oils. Hopefully someone with more experience with pests can chime in for you, best of luck. As far as washing buds the only thing ive seen is a quick dunk in a 5 gallon bucket right after cutting from the llant and hang drying. Never done it myself and i looked at the dude like he was crazy when i saw it but that was his method every time.

saltwater

saltwater

Try water. on my last few weeks of flower my last go around I had terrible spidermites on one of my plants for some reason and not the others. So I sprayed the plant with water really well and did it for the last few weeks. The plant is now dry as well as most of the mites. The rest of the mites climbed to the top of the stem of the plant when it was hung upside down. Where I washed them down the drain.

But everyone has different techniques for different pests. Just thought I would share what I did for my last spidermite infestation. Terrible little bastards.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never dealt with regular soft-bodied green aphids on my cannabis. They can be pretty easily washed off most (other) plants, though.

If you decide to go this route, it can be done with fresh bud, not dried. I would use a mild soap solution in one container, then right next to it I would have a container with the cleanest water possible (distilled? best) and a bit of isopropyl alcohol, maybe a tablespoon per quart or so. I suggest the iso to help speed evaporation of the water, and the water to rinse the soap.

I don't have any other ideas.

Top Bottom