Bugs On Roots In Dwc

• Thread starter Cjr22288
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cjr22288

Cjr22288

So today while working on the ladies I noticed some small, black work looking creatures on my roots. Anyone know what these little guys are, and if so, how to eradicate the problem? Attached a pic that I took with handheld microscope.

Bugs on roots in dwc
Dunge

Dunge

Fly larvae.
Got any fliers?
Those hairs are likely velcroing the beast to your roots.
How many you see?

H

heisen

drain fly lavae.I had all sorts off issues before now i keep my water level up past the top squares on the net pots and no more issues.That little air space was a breeding ground for bad bacteria and fly larvae.It sits out of the water and the heat from the lights plus the warm air from the stones would create a fucked up environment in that little 3 inch space where the roots hang down.I ran this last run with my water level all the way up and have never had roots as clean and pretty as i do now.Also cut out all the organic garbage in my res.I just started running part A and B floraduo and calimagic and thats it.My plants are loving life.

Cjr22288

Cjr22288

drain fly lavae.I had all sorts off issues before now i keep my water level up past the top squares on the net pots and no more issues.That little air space was a breeding ground for bad bacteria and fly larvae.It sits out of the water and the heat from the lights plus the warm air from the stones would create a fucked up environment in that little 3 inch space where the roots hang down.I ran this last run with my water level all the way up and have never had roots as clean and pretty as i do now.Also cut out all the organic garbage in my res.I just started running part A and B floraduo and calimagic and thats it.My plants are loving life.
So you completely submerged your net pots, or just covered exposed roots?

H

heisen

So you completely submerged your net pots, or just covered exposed roots?
Just all the exposed roots.up to the top holes on the net pot where the roots start to come out.I mean it' is dwc right.whats' the point running dwc with half the roots out of the water..I do know this run has been the best growth I've had to date..

Cjr22288

Cjr22288

Just all the exposed roots.up to the top holes on the net pot where the roots start to come out.I mean it' is dwc right.whats' the point running dwc with half the roots out of the water..I do know this run has been the best growth I've had to date..
Yes, bubble buckets. Just covered the roots, so I guess we'll see how it goes. Any additives you used? Or just drowning the bastards?

H

heisen

Yes, bubble buckets. Just covered the roots, so I guess we'll see how it goes. Any additives you used? Or just drowning the bastards?
No addidtives.I have been using hydroguard also and think it is making a huge difference also.I tried all kinds of shit when my water chiller calibration got out of wack for a week.hydroguard saved my plants.

Top Bottom