bugs

• Thread starter crescent
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crescent

crescent

Hi!

I found these buggers in the soil of my plants. The plants look fine, there is a bit of white powderish (mildew?) on the leaves, shown in the pics. The bugs are everywhere in the soil though not on the plant. The plants have been in this space for about a week. The underside of the leaves look fine. What do you think this is, help?!

Thank you!!

Bugs
Bugs 2
Bugs 3
Bugs 4
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

That bug is a root aphid, it's bad news you need to look it up and find how to treat them asap!
Screenshot 20200506 234305 Chrome

Screenshot 20200506 234210 Google

If @Seraphine is around she can tell you everything you need to know about any insect!

re: that white stuff on the leaf, I think it's white powdery mildew!?

You might want to spray the white powdery mildew (wpm) with one level tablespoon baking soda to 1 gallon of water to stop the spread of that mildew asap? The purpose of baking soda is to raise the pH of the leaf surface to stop the wpm, spray top and bottom of all leaves well

I had a little bout out of wpm a few months back and I still have plants showing damage from it, so recommend getting after it quickly! Best wishes!

Last edited:
crescent

crescent

That bug is a root aphid, it's bad news you need to look it up and find how to treat them asap!
View attachment 969876
View attachment 969875

If @Seraphine is around she can tell you everything you need to know about any insect!

re: that white stuff on the leaf, I think it's white powdery mildew!?

You might want to spray the white powdery mildew (wpm) with one level tablespoon baking soda to 1 gallon of water to stop the spread of that mildew asap? The purpose of baking soda is to raise the pH of the leaf surface to stop the wpm, spray top and bottom of all leaves well

I had a little bout out of wpm a few months back and I still have plants showing damage from it, so recommend getting after it quickly! Best wishes!
Thank you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom