Building a Grow Room in The Garage

• Thread starter Munchiezzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Munchiezzz

Munchiezzz

I just bought a new house and moved in this week. I was originally going to use a grow tent to grow but now I have a huge garage which now I'm thinking I should just build a grow room. Of course I have a few questions about the build as my situation is a little bit different than most people.

I am paralyzed and wheelchair-bound therefore just building a grow room with the door doesn't really give me the option to move around with a bunch of plants. My idea was building a grow room about 8ftx3ft or 10ftx3ft with either slider doors like a closet OR a few big swing doors (like 2 per 4ft of grow room).

I'm looking for build ideas to satisfy my needs from all the experts here. The entrance has to be to where I can pull in next to the plants rather than actually go inside of the grow room (I hope that makes sense).

My idea is with a 8x3 or 10x3, I could split it in half so 4 to 5ft of the room is Veg and the other half is flower. And with each half having doors that completely open up so I can pull my wheelchair directly up to or next to to grow area to maintain the ladies.

The reason I like the grow room idea as opposed to the grow tents is:

1) being in a chair I'm too short to reach the zippers and I wont have help all the time.
2) I like the idea of building something that works for my situation.

Please let me know if I'm on the right track with my idea or if you have other input please don't hesitate to let me know I'm looking to start building within the next couple weeks.

Munchiezzz

Munchiezzz

I was thinking something similar to this however have the door swing all the way open so they're not in the way. I was thinking sliders like a closet but I think it would be better off more sealed off for environmental reasons. Also don't pay attention to the plant pictures I can't shrink them LOL however I wouldn't mind having them monsters like that.

Screenshot 2020 10 30 20 48 01
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I was thinking something similar to this however have the door swing all the way open so they're not in the way. I was thinking sliders like a closet but I think it would be better off more sealed off for environmental reasons. Also don't pay attention to the plant pictures I can't shrink them LOL however I wouldn't mind having them monsters like that.
As air tight as possible is best so for the doors I'd put something on the outsides of them so that when they're closed its sealed like rubber or something.
What program did you use to make that?

Munchiezzz

Munchiezzz

As air tight as possible is best so for the doors I'd put something on the outsides of them so that when they're closed its sealed like rubber or something.
What program did you use to make that?
It's called MagicPlan. It's a nice little app. It's what I'm using to help remodel my house so I know what I'm going to do before I do it.

Mospeada

Mospeada

If you have the whole garage free do two rows wide enough so you can wheel in between them. Using a whole room is awesome and much easier than tent growing which is what I did when I started. I wouldn't worry about sealing the room too much, maybe just enough for pests but not to the point it's airtight unless you're running co2.

Munchiezzz

Munchiezzz

I love the ideas and help from EVERYONE!!! You all are amazing. Getting the delivery of 2x4s, insulation, and sheetrock to start the finishing of the garage and building the grow room.

I do have a question...
Should I just paint the ceiling, walls, floor flat white OR wrap room with Diamond Mylar or Regular Mylar?

Munchiezzz

Munchiezzz

Also I'm taking in to consideration not needing so much space for Veg, so the 10ft room I'm splitting to 4ft veg, 6ft flower. Gives me enough room in Veg side to run a few Autos while flower side is being if I choose.

As for lights, I'm between:

For the 6ft side:
2x Mars Hydro TSW 2000 300W LED
Or
2x Mars Hydro TSL 2000 300W LED
Or
1x Mars Hydro TS3000 450W LED
Or
1x Spider farmer SF4000 LED 456W

For the 4ft side:
1x Mars Hydro TSW 2000 300W LED
Or
1x Mars Hydro TSL 2000 300W LED
Or
1x Spider farmer SF2000 LED 200W

I like that Mars is a little easier on the wallet.

And for moving that air...
CLOUDLINE T6 6" WITH
TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY CONTROLLER Airflow: 402 CFM

AC INFINITY 6" CARBON FILTER AUSTRALIAN CHARCOAL, 6-INCH Airflow Rating: 410 CFM

Thermo/Hydrometer
Govee WiFi Temperature Humidity $50 Monitor, Wireless Digital Indoor Hygrometer Thermometer with App Alerts

Any thoughts on the projected setup?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
For me at least, During flower the plants stretch tall but not wide very much especially if you're using scrog nets.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Also I'm taking in to consideration not needing so much space for Veg, so the 10ft room I'm splitting to 4ft veg, 6ft flower. Gives me enough room in Veg side to run a few Autos while flower side is being if I choose.

As for lights, I'm between:

For the 6ft side:
2x Mars Hydro TSW 2000 300W LED
Or
2x Mars Hydro TSL 2000 300W LED
Or
1x Mars Hydro TS3000 450W LED
Or
1x Spider farmer SF4000 LED 456W

For the 4ft side:
1x Mars Hydro TSW 2000 300W LED
Or
1x Mars Hydro TSL 2000 300W LED
Or
1x Spider farmer SF2000 LED 200W

I like that Mars is a little easier on the wallet.

And for moving that air...
CLOUDLINE T6 6" WITH
TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY CONTROLLER Airflow: 402 CFM

AC INFINITY 6" CARBON FILTER AUSTRALIAN CHARCOAL, 6-INCH Airflow Rating: 410 CFM

Thermo/Hydrometer
Govee WiFi Temperature Humidity $50 Monitor, Wireless Digital Indoor Hygrometer Thermometer with App Alerts

Any thoughts on the projected setup?

The ac infinity t line is awesome. Quiet and efficient ass fan.

What’s height of room?
You’re gonna need some fans too.

Munchiezzz

Munchiezzz

The ac infinity t line is awesome. Quiet and efficient ass fan.

What’s height of room?
You’re gonna need some fans too.

The grow room will be between 7-8ft high. Giving plenty of room for all equipment and plants. As for fans I picked out 4 of the Hurricane 6 inch circulating fans. 2 for the top, 2 for the bottom. Should that be enough? Too much? Not enough?

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

The grow room will be between 7-8ft high. Giving plenty of room for all equipment and plants. As for fans I picked out 4 of the Hurricane 6 inch circulating fans. 2 for the top, 2 for the bottom. Should that be enough? Too much? Not enough?

More than enough. I think you’ll like the t6.

I’m stoked for your grow man. Looks like it’s going to be good.

What are you growing? Seeds clones?

Munchiezzz

Munchiezzz

More than enough. I think you’ll like the t6.

I’m stoked for your grow man. Looks like it’s going to be good.

What are you growing? Seeds clones?

My first grow I'll be starting from seed. I haven't chosen which strain yet but I'm between Blue Dream, GSC, White Widow, or Strawberry Cough at the moment. Something that will be an easy/less finicky strain for my first time.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

My first grow I'll be starting from seed. I haven't chosen which strain yet but I'm between Blue Dream, GSC, White Widow, or Strawberry Cough at the moment. Something that will be an easy/less finicky strain for my first time.

Nice.
WW is super forgiving.

Cracken

Cracken

if you are just doing 2 plants per room you could make a box on wheels that can be rolled out of the room with both plants on it. this will allow for 360 inspection of the plants without having to be turning the pots and possibly tip it over. I know I have done that and I was only shifting pots around for better light coverage. it makes me happy to see someone with the drive to overcome. I have an uncle who is in a chair and that man inspires me to no limit with the things he does. he was a mechanic (his last 10 years in a chair) when he worked, now retired but was never limed to the things he could do.

Munchiezzz

Munchiezzz

if you are just doing 2 plants per room you could make a box on wheels that can be rolled out of the room with both plants on it. this will allow for 360 inspection of the plants without having to be turning the pots and possibly tip it over. I know I have done that and I was only shifting pots around for better light coverage. it makes me happy to see someone with the drive to overcome. I have an uncle who is in a chair and that man inspires me to no limit with the things he does. he was a mechanic (his last 10 years in a chair) when he worked, now retired but was never limed to the things he could do.
I've definitely learned to do many different things in very different ways to accomplish the same goal. It may look weird or odd or take a little longer but I get it done. I'm a quad so I have limited hand use but I get shit done hahaha

Cracken

Cracken

if you live anywhere near Toronto, I am willing to come lend a hand if needed. I am a contractor so building is my thing.

Munchiezzz

Munchiezzz

if you live anywhere near Toronto, I am willing to come lend a hand if needed. I am a contractor so building is my thing.

Wish I was brother. I definitely appreciate the offer though. Its awesome to see the brotherhood in this forum

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Haha me too. Started as furniture/finish carpenter and went from there.

Id be down to lend a hand or tool too if needed. Same area

Edit: Never mind

Top Bottom