Building a grow room

• Thread starter Leelandgrow3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

So I plan on building a room just for growing in my basement a room that is 8ft long by 3ft wide by 6ft high I have two 4 inch intake fans yo bring in fresh air will be buying a intake fan would like suggestions on good combos that are quiet for a 8 inch exhaust fan with filter and will be putting 4 inch filters on intakes as well and I have panda film already instead of painting walls and will be running 2 viparspectra 600w which are I think 270 watts each and a mars 900w which is I think 380 actual watts and a full spectrum cob 300 watts I will be doing treat wood on floor studs and for floor also be using regular after that for wall studs was only gonna use 1/4 inch plywood for walls and 1/2 for floor and 3/4 for ceiling tell me ur thoughts

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Doesnt get any quieter than Q-Max can fans. But you'll need more intake than 2 4" fans for an 8" exhaust. 2x 4" fans is only around half the actual volume of an 8". The area of a 4" circle is 12.5, so 25 square inches for 2. An 8" circle is more like 50 square inches.
A 6" exhaust would be better as it's about 28 square inches of area.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I mean a 6" exhaust up top would be sized better for 2 x 4" intakes lower down. 8" up top will draw too much negative pressure.

Some people like to size their intake smaller than exhaust but I prefer them either equal or even having an oversized intake with a backflow preventer. That way you dont really need an intake fan, just an exhaust, and the fan doesnt have to work as hard.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I mean a 6" exhaust up top would be sized better for 2 x 4" intakes lower down. 8" up top will draw too much negative pressure.

Some people like to size their intake smaller than exhaust but I prefer them either equal or even having an oversized intake with a backflow preventer. That way you dont really need an intake fan, just an exhaust, and the fan doesnt have to work as hard.

I found when i added 50% of exhaust speed for intake with a fan my exhaust fan instantly became more efficient and temps went down immedietely.

I was stuck at a higher temp with passive intake.

For my room anyway.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I found when i added 50% of exhaust speed for intake with a fan my exhaust fan instantly became more efficient and temps went down immedietely.

I was stuck at a higher temp with passive intake.

For my room anyway.

interestng. I've never been able to understand the reasoning behind running a smaller intake than exhaust. I've never really tried to maintain negative pressure though so that may have something to do with it?

And I'll admit I did oversize my exhaust to compensate for the passive Intake.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

interestng. I've never been able to understand the reasoning behind running a smaller intake than exhaust. I've never really tried to maintain negative pressure though so that may have something to do with it?

And I'll admit I did oversize my exhaust to compensate for the passive Intake.

I dont know where i read that it would help but it sure did. You can even feel the difference in air flow from the exhaust.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

What about styrofoam panels on inside instead of insulation

greenscholar

greenscholar

If your pulling air and exhausting air I wouldn't worry about insulation. My room is 8x7.5x.75 I run a passive intake and a 550 cfm fan. 1300 watts of led and it keep my temps under 82, on hot days obviously there is many factors.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Well I live in the northern states it get ridiculously cold in the winter

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

I'm it's about 20 degrees outside rn and my tent only drops to 66 at night and mi d u the tent is only PVC and panda film so no insulation or barrier in that tent I will do and day and night check with everything running to see how things go hopefully have it done tomorrow then next is exhaust fan

greenscholar

greenscholar

I live up north too. All I’m saying is if your pulling/exhausting air into your room insulation is useless. If you had a sealed room that would be totally different. Just trying to help you not waste money or time.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Well the intake fans I'll be running are only 100cfm each so I could go with a Ac infinity cloud line t4 4 inch which is 410cfm that would be plenty right cause double my intake opinions mise well get the nice one that has thermometer and humidity gauge

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

I decided to go bigger cause it's right and can run fan on lower speed probably go with I ipower filter I'm pretty excited still need a door idea

Top Bottom