Building A New Room New Some Advice

• Thread starter Tetra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tetra

Tetra

ive decided that its time for a new room. My room will be 6 foot x 11 foot and 8 feet high, RDWC set up with 2, 4x4 SCROG screens. I had a hard time figuring if i was gonna use LED or Hps but i think ill be using two 600 watt air cooled hood 6 inch hoods. Will six inch be good enough, also do you guys think i can get away without using A/C? i really dont want to have to install air conditioning amd was wondering if any of you guys are pulling two 600s off with out A/C?

M

Mr Blah

I have 5-600's with no AC. Bare bulbs. 9'x8'x7.5'tall room. Ballast out of the room, No burner or dehumidifier.
Massive air flow. I have a 12" inline at the top of each room sucking out the heat.
My DIY UC is on concrete floor made out of the 27gal totes. 4 plants 5 lights diamond pattern.

I will admit at times it will get hot and I need to up my fan. But other than that ME air is fresh and cold as it can be.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Your gonna need ac to keep those temps down with the use of co2. Add co2, then you'll need a sealed room, a deheuy, and still need an ac.

Tetra

Tetra

I'll be adding co2 for sure. Maybe it's better if I used led then as I'll be building this room in my garage and taking the air from inside the garage and exhausting it outside.

Tetra

Tetra

So I would need to completely seal the room woth co2? Wouldn't a environment controller regulate the co2 accordingly? Or is the exhaust fan completely off when co2 is used, can't quite remember

Tetra

Tetra

On second thought maybe I won't use co2 first as this would require a mini split. I think I should optimize my room without co2 and qet everything dialed in before I consider co2. I've read that there is no benifit to co2 unless you are in the right temp ( over 80 degrees) and if your not running a sealed room which I don't plan on doing. So back to the question is it possible for me to run the two 600's with out a/c?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Never run co2 with out 1sr having your shit dialed in. Alot of problems can arise from crappy co2 uses, then you'll never know what the original problem could be with all the variables (temp, strain, grower probs, lazyness, ect). At least if you dial i n the room then add co2 you might be able to fix an issue easier.

I run a totally sealed room. The only time any other air gets in my room is when I'm working in the flower room by opening/closing the door. Other than that, fully sealed.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

The heat will be too great for proper flowering with out an ac. I used to use a 8k then a 14k btu portable (single hose), now I use a dual hose 1rk portable ac in my flower room. I'm about 1 week from my 1st co2 harvest, HUGE improvement vs my old air exchange room with same strains

Tetra

Tetra

So there's no smell issues with out a charcoal filter? I have a bcnl producer now I dunno if you've heard of it or not but it was a big waste of money compared to what I could have used the money for. The bcnl producer has to 400 watts hps and it runs co2 but also has exhaust fans lol makes me wonder lol. What are some issues that you could face if you arent usimg co2 with the proper conditions?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I run a monster carbon scrubber matted to an 8" 720cfm fan at 75%, it scubs the air in my room only. no smell outside my room at all. my new pic is on my phone. this pic has an elbow at the scrubber and fan outside, now it has the fan directly on top of the scrubber inside the room only. no elbow.

2015 01 10 00 12 57 919
Tetra

Tetra

So your venting your air outside the room? This isn't in your sealed room is it ?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Did you not read my post? This is a pic from past grow with an air exchange room. NOW I have the fan on top the scrubber, scrubbing the air in the room with out exhausting it. Now I'm on my phone, I have a recent updated pic to post to avoid any more confusion.

I'll have to try and upload the pic a bit later. It's taking forever to attempt at uploading

20151219 235405
Tetra

Tetra

lol sorry brother i guess i didnt read it lol, read it right anyway. I've decided on two Apache Tech at600s gonna try the led road with out co2. Worst thing there is they are $2300 a piece usd

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

you could build your own massive led for that price, most likely cheaper. theres teks on here how to do it and material list.

Tetra

Tetra

I'll vaguely seen people who talk of building their own but I think ide rather just spend the money for it. One good thing about building your own is that you could use 10w Cree diodes but then I hear it still gets pricy

Tetra

Tetra

I'll vaguely seen people who talk of building their own but I think ide rather just spend the money for it. One good thing about building your own is that you could use 10w Cree diodes but then I hear it still gets pricy.

Tetra

Tetra

gonna scrap the LED idea for now and run two 600 watt lights inline with filter attached and exhaust out of the room. 560 square foot room what will i be loooking at for a fan and filter. price is no option here i want the most quite fan on the market

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

2x 6" 340cfm will work well, put on speed controller to help keep room warm for veg or 100% for all heat removed. I put mine at 25% in winter and keep my room at 82 to 84*, and match my fogger stayed to match my vdp, 75% rh. I just upgraded to 3x 600 mh in veg, so I'm still hoping to be able to control my temps like that

Latest posts

Top Bottom