Building a portable stealth grow box for rental dwelling

• Thread starter mk23tas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mk23tas

mk23tas

I am moving into a rental and I need a way to quickly hide the grow or move it out of the house in a hurry. I plan on building a completely self contained grow box on wheels to make it portable in case the landlord comes over.

I don't plan on posting my build unless there are other people who are interested so let me know.

My goals are:

1. Portable and small enough to fit in my vehicle upright
2. Can be broken down and moved in less than a minute
3. Will be completely airtight so no smell will escape
4. Have a battery system that will turn on a light and fan when power is disconnected from the outlet
5. Separate fan with charcoal filter inside the box to reduce smell while closed
6. Possible CO2 release while sealed, plus a small pressure relief valve to reduce pressure inside box
7. If heat is an issue I will build a sealed heat transfer device
8. Build it with off the shelf parts so anyone can build it.
9. A slide out shelf for the plant for easy access

mk23tas

mk23tas

I already found a suitable box and it's about 38h x 24w x 24L. It's not going to be a huge grow but It will be portable. I think the entire box will weigh around 50-70lbs, which is quite easy to lift.

mk23tas

mk23tas

I looked into a small fridge but I found a large waterproof tool box that's a lot cheaper. The tool box is $80. Plus I don't have to rip it apart.

mk23tas

mk23tas

Ok as soon as I get all of the materials I will start working on the "Grow-away". Catchy name

cannatourism

cannatourism

I am moving into a rental and I need a way to quickly hide the grow or move it out of the house in a hurry. I plan on building a completely self contained grow box on wheels to make it portable in case the landlord comes over.

I don't plan on posting my build unless there are other people who are interested so let me know.

My goals are:

1. Portable and small enough to fit in my vehicle upright
2. Can be broken down and moved in less than a minute
3. Will be completely airtight so no smell will escape
4. Have a battery system that will turn on a light and fan when power is disconnected from the outlet
5. Separate fan with charcoal filter inside the box to reduce smell while closed
6. Possible CO2 release while sealed, plus a small pressure relief valve to reduce pressure inside box
7. If heat is an issue I will build a sealed heat transfer device
8. Build it with off the shelf parts so anyone can build it.
9. A slide out shelf for the plant for easy access
A good carbon filter appears to be in order.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey mk , im going to build the same one this ,month ...
Ive done coolers , fridges etc..... but yours is way cool ! Good job
You could sell these rigs , like fit maybe 2 1 gal inside ?
Maybe 4 , 1 gal , perfect.....
Or 6 ? 5 inch pots ......

Is that the one with wheels , that you used ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom