Building a sealed C02 Hydro grow in a theater basement.

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

The basement walls are mostly above ground. The entire building will have high air exchange, except for the sealed grow room.

The temperatures in the room should stay at whatever I set my ac/heater at without an increase in humidity. My HIDS are tubes, Im confident they will emit near to 0 heat into the sealed room. The tubes just pass through the room, its actually pulling air from the bedroom and exhausting that heated air into the rest of the house.

I will add a scrubber in the sealed room, and possibly carbon filters on the intake just incase. I will also need to add a air exchange to release humidity, if there is a drastic increase. Im confident I will be able to hold the tube and not feel any heat on my hand. I say this because I can do it now with my current setup. I run 2 1000ws hids in a 4x8 and it only increases the temp about 6 degrees. Anyways I will have a exchange fan with damper on a humidity gauge just incase.

Parts list, 20lb c02 kit, with regulator and ppm monitor (Still looking to see which ill get) Prolly 300$ max
Heating/Ac all in one unit Prolly 300$ lol. . .
Manual dump valve and piping - 100$
Seal the room and build the partial wall, Prolly 300$

I have all the hydro equipment now.

I am wanting to rent my house, but heating that building will be my biggest issue. Im pretty sure that one 1000w light running 24/7 will be enough to heat it, thats like almost 10 amps, most home heaters dont even run 24/7.

The two grows will alternate 12/12 cycles but will both be flower rooms with one plant each. I will veg them in a separate room and transplant them in there.

As for humidity coming through the walls, there is no dirt on the other side of that wall. This room is a basement, but its not underground. If you look up the back of my building its like 30ft tall lol. .

Anyways. . I know this sounds like alot of work for only 2 plants, but i have to stay under 6 plants, and this will be more for pushing limits and testing purpose. .hell FREE heat.

It has a coal/wood furnace with blowers on it im just going to tap my lights into.

Anyways, im going to buy the C02 stuff now, no need for a burner, not trying to do nothing permanant. .This will prolly all be tore down 2 years after I build it . . but. . but. .

I will build this

Design
Building a sealed c02 hydro grow in a theater basement 2
Building a sealed c02 hydro grow in a theater basement 3
Building a sealed c02 hydro grow in a theater basement 4
Building a sealed c02 hydro grow in a theater basement 5
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Seems like a legit cheap C02 system? Whats wrong with it? Why wouldnt you get it, and is what your going to tell me to buy cheaper lol? This is about that upfront cost. . I need details on why not pretty please. . . if none, ill buy this shit

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I will actually rent a tank from a welding supplier, seems easier. So all I need to purchase is a regulator and monitor/controller. . Hell ya

steamroller

steamroller

I use the inkbird controller and a regulator similar to the one you listed .

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

@Dirtbag zoom in on that first picture to understand my sealed design. I can also add specific drywall.. And put outlets on the new partial wall.. This building has a sub panel for the stage. I'm prolly just gonna route it to that room.

Also got humidity controller, temp controller and co2 controllers. Lol..

Just gonna buy the 1k tubes that I'm use to using.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I use 50# bottles made for soda the tanks are much lighter. I pick them up from the welding supply for $41 per refill and take them directly out of the bed of the truck and just a few feet into the garage. It’s a lot easier to run the tube to the grow than to lug bottles around.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I remember you. The guy who bought a church for like 5k right? That’s awesome. Hope all goes well for you. I’ll be subbed along for this one.
burnz

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I remember you. The guy who bought a church for like 5k right? That’s awesome. Hope all goes well for you. I’ll be subbed along for this one.
burnz
$5500 to be exact, with a huge detached parking lot.

I'll prolly just keep that grow here then. My main concern with the building was the cost of heating it. I'm now 100% confident I can heat it for cheaper than I heat my house. Currently my lights blow the heat outside and I run a furnace. 450 per month winter electric bill with my two hids lol. . 150 per month is spring and fall without my hids. . Cooling at heating add about 100$ and the lights add 225$ per month roughly. So if I don't use a furnace I'm down to 150 per month electric use, plus my lights are about 225.. So that's 375 per month.. I swear im going to treat myself to some cake when I'm done.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I use 50# bottles made for soda the tanks are much lighter. I pick them up from the welding supply for $41 per refill and take them directly out of the bed of the truck and just a few feet into the garage. It’s a lot easier to run the tube to the grow than to lug bottles around.
Good to know, I'll keep that in mind. Already ordered the 20lb setup. I'm stoked. Any thing you would change on the first pic? I left plenty of room for upgrades. I can easily add in two more hids and two more plants.... That room is huge lol..

The tricky part is when it's lights off in one, it's lights on in the other.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I will actually rent a tank from a welding supplier, seems easier. So all I need to purchase is a regulator and monitor/controller. . Hell ya
I lease tanks for welding. Argon, oxygen and acetylene from Air Gas. It's basically $100 per tank per year plus the contents of the tanks. Sign up for a 5 year lease and it's a good bit cheaper.

jj

Adaptive_420growing

Adaptive_420growing

Seems like a legit cheap C02 system? Whats wrong with it? Why wouldnt you get it, and is what your going to tell me to buy cheaper lol? This is about

Seems like a legit cheap C02 system? Whats wrong with it? Why wouldnt you get it, and is what your going to tell me to buy cheaper lol? This is about that upfront cost. . I need details on why not pretty please. . . if none, ill buy this shit

that upfront cost. . I need details on why not pretty please. . . if none, ill buy this shit
I also run co2, you can save yourself a lot of money if you buy the cylinder from a beverage company. I paid $80 for a 20 pound steel cylinder, I think the alumni ones are around $100, then I bought the regulator for $42Amazon, co2 inkbird controller for $158, and the rain system for about $20. The atlas controller that comes in that bundle also in not very versatile, it’s non programmable.

48BA247F E331 41F5 AE81 D20A7D82FD7D
Last edited:
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

My local hydro store swaps tanks. I was gonna buy a used one but was worried it would leak. Apparently they fix them and reuse them if they leak so they don't even care. This was like 150 controller and bottle kit was 215. Also got some pk test strips :)

Screenshot 20220301 094949
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Im guessing I should get the mold resistant drywall?

Im also contemplating not making the full room a sealed room. I am going to get two 4x4 tents right, and have them as pictured above. I was going to make the entire room a lung room, but perhaps I could use my 2x4 veg tent instead as a lung room. I dont know if that is a big enough lung room, I do know it would be easy to hook it all together just dunno, I want to just put the Co2 and heater in the tent and the rest outside the tent. I have a feeling I wont be able to fully seal this room and I dont want c02 leaking upstairs or in other rooms. Yet if I have it in a tent, split to two other tents, and the outside is temp and humidity controlled. I wont have an issue with it being cold as the room will never drop below 73f.

Im also not looking to drywall the cealing. Im ready to paint the entire room right now lol. Even if I hang drywall, then I have to build a partial wall and wat not.. . if I just use a 2x4 tent as a lung room, I can hang a damn curtain to separate it from the bedroom.

Plus the partial wall would have to be permanant and I like the idea of mobile grows. Not really trying to drill into concrete just yet. I can paint that room in 15 minutes with my sprayer, and pop 3 tents, plumb it all together. . and yea. Or I can build a wall, drywall it aall, seal it. . and have a larger area with C02 in it, but no real other gains. Its not like im using the entire room for growing. idk. . thoughts?
Im cheap and in a hurry. . But I want the C02 to be effective. I figure I put the c02 probe in the piping as it leaves the 2x4 and splits to the 2wo 4x4s.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Looks like this is what ill be creating. I was contemplating putting the D/H, Co2 and minisplit inside another tent and calling that the lung room. I dont want to drywall my cealing if were being honest. Its just me lol, and I dont have a jack or drywall screw gun. Im not trying to build either, Im trying to simplify. . . What yall think about making the lung room a 4x4 tent? Seems it would be more effecient on c02 the smaller the room right? I could litterally set 4 tents side by side, 2x4 veg, 4x4 lung, and two 4x4 flowers. Im about to buy 3 4x4s if were being honest. 80 per off ebay. Talk about budget. . .Whats the issues you think ill run into doing it my way vs the picture.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So I'm not going to seal up this entire room or building. I'm purchasing 3 4x4 grow tents for 200$.

One will be used as a Lung room, the other two will rotate on and off so the temp in the room stays heated 24/7. Im picturing the three tents on a 6 inch loop. Idk how I'll burp the tents yet but they will be full of c02 and idk about a carbon scrubber. Wouldn't that just take out the c02 lol? I'm confused I guess. Help?

Oh yea here's the buildings inside. So big.. So many fkn rooms.

20220310 193209 HDR
20220310 193523 HDR
20220310 163732 HDR
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Heres the new plan. . . Going to keep it small for now.
So i am prolly not going to set up that tent and shove that shit in it. I drew it all up, and its way to difficult. Thing is, this room has central air to it, and a window. I guess I can just stick the window unit in, and use the entire bedroom as a lung room. Just seems like it would be alot of c02 being used at once. Then I could just leave the tents open or closed.. idk wtf im doing honestly. I legit just tried to draw air in from the bathroom without the window unit, and boy did the tents start to heat up. I have to put the window unit in, thats step 1. Step 2 I guess is seal off the Central air vent. I guess ill just put my infinity in the wall blowing outside on a humidity function only with a damper. The issue is my veg room. . ..its in a closet. I guess I can just vent it into the bedroom instead of the attic. Its led low heat. . .

HMMMMM ok its a date
Questions and concerns??? Igrnore everything above this comment. All work on the building has been put on hold. . . its a money pit atm lol. Im trying to put up a swimming pool and kick it all summer.
All the picture does is prevent me from changing anything on my veg room, and I wont have to fill the entire bedroom with co2, just the three tents and ductwork on top. Then I wouldsnt have to breath in 2000ppm c02 everytime im in there too. . IDK man. . *Hits bowl *awaits experts
Shit, dark blue dots are INLINE fans, small booster ones

Untitled
Top Bottom