Building a soil.. what am I missing?

• Thread starter forklorf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
forklorf

forklorf

Hey guys.. I'm trying to put together a simple all purpose soil that will get my clones through to finish. The plan is to transfer rooted clones root to 3 gln and veg for two to three weeks before switching to flowering. It's been a while, I'm out of practice and unsure. This is what I have so far..
Lambert AP 55# compressed potting soil
40# cow manure w/ compost 0.5-0.5-0.5
30# worm casting 0.5-0-0
10 gln course perlite
9 cups blood meal 12-0-0
9 cups bone meal 2-14+0
3 cups kelp meal 1-0-2
3 cups chicken manure 5-3-2
3/4 cup Epsom salt
The base claims it has dolomitic limestone in it. And I know it could use azomite and humus but they're hard to find locally. My question is are these ratios close to correct and or what am I missing? Thanks in advance

LibertyBadger

LibertyBadger

For the base, I use 1/3 peat moss, 1/3 aeration (perlite, pumice, bio char), and 1/3 compost (worm castings, compost).
Then I add 3 cups of raw inputs (fish meal, kelp meal, crab meal, etc), and 4 cups of mineral amendments (basalt dust, azomite, gypsum, etc.), per cubic foot of base mix.
I get good results with that.

forklorf

forklorf

Thanks for the advise. I guess I'm not too far off. Rock phosphate and azomite have been ordered and are on the way.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I think you are going to want a larger source of calcium. If the base is a peat then lime will work but it is already a neutralized medium you may want to go with some gypsum too.

Top Bottom