building a water automatization system for my girls

• Thread starter Luzy10
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Luzy10

Luzy10

hi there

I want to add a water automatization system to my setup.
I'm going away next week for about 10 days and want to make sure I have enough water to give my girls (week 2, so they don't need a lot of water).
I bought a WiFi water pump and tested it a few months ago but the water got moldy pretty quickly (probably because there were no chlorine in the water?)

my question is: how do I keep water in/near my tent for about 8-10 days without ruining my water and my grow?
If I put an air pump and pump air into the water - would that help?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2Bad

2Bad

How many days did it take to get moldy...shouldnt have gotten moldy.. something sounds dirty or it could of gotten too hot

freezeland2

freezeland2

Are you using a reservoir of some type? It should be black and with a cover to keep light out.

Luzy10

Luzy10

I kept the water inside the tent, and it was hot. There wasn't any cover and they were exposed to light.
I can def keep the water outside the tent in a bucket, in the dark. How long will the water last that way?
Are there any benefits of having the air pump working and pumping air into the water?

2Bad

2Bad

I kept the water inside the tent, and it was hot. There wasn't any cover and they were exposed to light.
I can def keep the water outside the tent in a bucket, in the dark. How long will the water last that way?
Are there any benefits of having the air pump working and pumping air into the water?
in order to not have problems you have to actually test it before you go. so id get on that. my nutes have lasted at least 10 days in a bucket should be good.

Ponky

Ponky

sounds like a fun apprenticeship
It's always a guy who claims to know how to grow already. They just get lazy. And then they start fucking up. And then they start ruining crops.

Ponky

Ponky

What losers mane
Well. They also tend to have a bunch of money already... so it's just something you accept. It's just what happens. Growing is hard work. You gotta do it yourself or deal with hassles.

WGH

WGH

You should definitely have a circulation pump with aeration so the water doesn't get stagnant. With all your nutrients in your reservoir the water will tend to clump up therefore clog your lines. If your leaving for 10 days I would get a bigger reservoir because the water will eventually evaporate overtime. Your best is to have someone watch your grow cause you would still need to PH your water out before each feed.

Luzy10

Luzy10

in order to not have problems you have to actually test it before you go. so id get on that. my nutes have lasted at least 10 days in a bucket should be good.
I should have mentioned that I'm growing organically, so it's just water, nothing else

Luzy10

Luzy10

You should definitely have a circulation pump with aeration so the water doesn't get stagnant. With all your nutrients in your reservoir the water will tend to clump up therefore clog your lines. If your leaving for 10 days I would get a bigger reservoir because the water will eventually evaporate overtime. Your best is to have someone watch your grow cause you would still need to PH your water out before each feed.
it's an organic grow, no nutes in the water.
I have a 6 gallon bucket, black, with a lid. That should def do for 10 days (small plants, week 2)
If I check it once before I live - would the PH change over time?

freezeland2

freezeland2

it's an organic grow, no nutes in the water.
I have a 6 gallon bucket, black, with a lid. That should def do for 10 days (small plants, week 2)
If I check it once before I live - would the PH change over time?
Do a test to see which way ph will drift. My guess is up. If that is the case you would adjust your ph to the low end right before you abandon them, lol.

Top Bottom