building microgrow,, no price limit!

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

i want to build a growbox approx 2ft high , 14" wide and 2ft deep. i dont care what i have to spend to make this the best growbox! looking for any and all suggestions. i might be able to make a bit biggr if needed, but i want something small and something that will produce a decent crop so i can learn on a small scale. this is my first grow after months and months of reading how to grow. now i need help on the micro growroom basics..

P

pcfarmer

Well
2 feet high is no problem, lot´s of pc grows here and on other forums.
If you like a can send you some inside pics of my pc case.

Blessings and good luck to you

mikeb437

mikeb437

send me pics,, diagrams,, whatever! few questions,, do i need an intake fan? im thinking a hole will do just fine on the bottom and just have 1 fan for an outtake. also,, what about the smell? will 2 to 4 plants smell alot? do i need a carbon filter? and im not sure if the fixture i posted with the 2 ft t5's is sufficient or should i use cfl's..

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I would get a 4-bulb, 2ft T-5 unit and build the box around that and do a scrog. You will be able to control temps just fine and if the T-5 covers the entire foot print of the box you will get good results. Best of luck.

G

galaxyuser

if you can make the 2 ft 8bulb t5 fixture fit in there i'd use that!
twice the light and very compact i have a space that was to small for the 4 foot 8 bulb so i have the 2 foot 4 bulb and the 2 foot 8 bulb they are both awesome but if you have the choice of one or the other and you can make both fit, i'd totally go overkill with it and get the 8 bulb. two ballasts inside so you can run 4 bulbs in the beginning and 8 in the end if you want to. i'd get at least one axial fan for the area maybe like a 3.5 inch or just go full out for the 6 inch.

dayton makes a good one as does ecoplus, have not tried any others
best of luck to ya

Toker Ace

Toker Ace

2 feet high aint go n to cut it.
Thanks for that brilliant piece of info. How long did you research the subject before you came to that conclusion?
On a more positive note. Hey Buddy. Check out the google sketchup database while you are getting this worked out in your head. Don't be afraid to think outside the box and be ready to shitcan ideas that don't play out when you think them through. Consider Hydro with an old crt monitor for the res tank. Consider vertical 18" T-5s. Consider a couple of uvb tubes for late flower. I have been a tradesman for 30 years fwiw. Two things: Sometimes the most uninformed person comes up with the most innovative ideas. If you can sift through 10 bad ideas by thinking through them to get one really good one you are what is known as intelligent. And, think things through to the finished product and you will be successful. For me half the fun is building apparatus for anything. the pc grow is about the pinnacle of DIY Micro grow. Best of luck to you.

O

ookiimata

Maybe you should look into vert growing to help maximize available height. I just built a 32" tall mini cab and I'm going to vert a HPS bulb in it.

R

rusty grower

hey dude iv just spent 300+ setting up my small room ill be honest i think the pc idea is just pointless get your self a jardin grow tent from somewere like ebay there absolutley great thats what i did. im on my first grow now 4 cheese plants in an atami wilma 4pot hydro system, with a 250w cfl !!! thats all im gonna buy a extract fan later on when i come to bud my fisrt crop ..

D

derickyann

I want to estiblish a new growbox approx 3 feet hight 10 feet wide.It dosent matter how much i have to spent after it.It might be able to make bit bigger.

R

rusty grower

jardin grow box !

ok guys iv got my extract fan and filter all aet up think iv got it all now gonna take some pics on monday to put up would love some comments to see how im doing ? iv got 4 cheese plants vegging 3 look gr8 and huge for there age (3-4 weeks) but 1 is a runt compared to the rest would any one surgest anything its getting plebty of water and light the plants get rotated every monday when i change my hydrophonic solution ......... so im reli not shaw..

also another qu... im running a 250cfl lights with a eurobarn hanger and iv got a 400w hid on its way . the question it do i need a ballast to run this light? or just plug it in turn it on and see what happens lol

thanks guys !!! get back too me ;)

V

Volt

Whos asking?

OP hasn't posted in awhile. I'm confused, seems like everyone is just asking more questions...

If you are growing in a short box, here's some things that help to compact everything.

1. Closed system, you supply CO2 scrub and dehumidify the air. Reasons being that you can have a much smaller carbon filter. Since all the air will get recycled through it and not vented straight out to where people can smell it.

2. Cover the entire floor with soil (but still have some way to drain excess water)
2. The roots need a certain amount of dirt for the plant to be healthy. If asked I can give some some very specialized information that can make this soil bed even better.

3. Use LEDs. LEDs can save you a ton of vertical space. Say the top of the canopy can be less than 6 inches from the top of the box if you get the right ones. again I can provide aditional information if you want.

4. I added several (very mobile) CFLs to my box. For one, the light from the LEDs doesn't reflect well of the leaves of the plant, so for caring for my plant, I prefer to have a few CFLs along the sides of the plant for additional power and so I can see what is going on.

5. Dont try to veg and flower in the same small box. Its going to end up wasting alot of space. If possible get another side box that you can set up to veg in.

6. Grow an Autoflower first. I know it's not as fun, but it will give you a really quick basic idea of how your box is going to preform.

jyip

jyip

I would go look at jointops micro grow in the dank desk...all your answers to your questions are there right now,,, go to it then n search em out n gro now ..souinds like ya did alot of reading, now its time to get a plan n gro em out , it is the only way to learn how to gro, it is to grow

good luck w/it

jyip

jyip

the 400 doesnt come automatically with the ballast, if its a hps , it needs one, u need the light socket and ten foot cord, the ballast, and the bulb , and the reflective hood

F

Frank_Castle

Hey Volt - I would love to read that info and see pics.

Can you share them with this thread?

mikeb437

mikeb437

whats a better light source? cfl's or t-5's? i can use either or both. i figured on getting 2 ft 4 bulb t-5's and use that for the entire top of my box. build my box around a fixture like that. would that be enuf to veg and flower? ill do whatever is best...gonna grow in soil as well...

C

cbooker

by now I am sure you have gone through it...but I would like to hear how you did. I was thinking led 90w with a couple t5 side sticks maybe 15" and the recirculation/scrub mentioned earlier....four indeep soiless with a drain and 4" circulation fan, sog,scrog,or supercropped.

K

KoR

How can someone spend $300 on setting up a pc grow cab? i can set one up using all new stuff for under a $100 bucks. i grown in small places and only used CFLs for veg and flowering

Top Bottom