Building my dream room - My Gavita HPS/LEP flower room

• Thread starter Phate_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Phate_

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to tell you guys a little about the flower room I've dreamt of for over a year now, & that I'm now starting to piece together, & all have finished in a couple months tops.

The main system I'm putting together is this....

4 x Gavita Pro Series 600w HPS'
2 x Gavita LEP series 300w lights (Light Emitting Plasma)

No need for air cooling.... I'll have 3 rows of lights, with the 2 LEP's making up the center row. Positioned so the 2 LEP's throw a pattern equal or near that of the 4 HPS'. The LEP's can throw a perfect square pattern 3'x3, while a foot off the ground!! At 1.5' off the ground it covers 3.5 -4' pattern! (can't remember if it was 3.5 or 4, I think 4).

So, I'm thinking of a rectangular pattern of at least 8' x 10' ? But I'm not sure. Normally the 3'x3 would apply, but with the HPS reinforced by the plasma's, I'm sure I can extend the pattern to 3.5' x 4' making a 3.5' x 8 row under each.

What I'm not sure of is can I have the whole room full, apart from walkways? Or can I only fill the space under the HPS....as in 2 rows of 3.5' x 8' with a walkway in the middle?

Let me know whatcha guys think!?

I'll post some info I got from the Gavita people. Be right back.

P

Phate_

I would choose rectangular, about 1.6x 3.2 meters, as the plasma's have a
square throw and the Pro 600 has a rectangular throw. You position the 600W
in two rows of 2 to overlap (85 cm apart), a bit more to the small side of
the room (so 90 cm between the rows) to compensate for wall losses. The
plasmas in between them (90 degrees turned so they fit).

I will do a calculation for you later this week.

P

Phate_

Ya...I'm pretty excited. I've been piecing it together for a month or so now, & am all too ready to set up. Especially knowing there will be a lot of trial & error with this new tech...get it working just right. Lamp distances, stuff like that'll be different I'm sure. That kinda stuff.

Top Bottom