building my own massive uc help on finding tote?

• Thread starter thetreegrowerrr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

hello farmers im gonna be building a massive uc system 360 plants and 90 1000 watt lights...i will not buy the system predone cause it will cost me a small fortune i want to do 25 inch centers just need help finding the right totes!
yes i will post a thread when i get underway no worries

heres the problem regular rubbermaids are to flimpsy and blow out when filled with water even the roughnecks do the same...then theres the 27 gallon strong totes which are wonderful the ones for mpb buckets but the problem is they are 27 gallons...but the price is right at 10 bucks each...brute trash cans are 20 each and so are the buckets similar to the uc ones used in 13 gals. 5 gals are to small we all know what kinda roots developo those wont work...so thats my problem...any suggestions fellas?
:harvest:

K

kritical

call undercurrent and buy there parts at least the important ones. trust me you will save in the long run. i put mine together and its a hassle finding all the parts and spent lots of time and driving around to diff lowes and home depots and ordering shit online. the totes you buy are not light proof and and uc has special lids also.

S

space101

They have the 13 gal too.

I ordered from here and they were pretty good, I found one other place thats about $0.70 cheaper per bucket but the slow customer service and lack of easy online ordering led me to go with the place above.

hope it helps

K

kritical

thats where i ordered mine also. you def have to wrap those in the sticky insulation. spray paint the lids and buy yourself a dremel and lennox hole saw blades.

U

UCtestn

Will each plant have a bucket? Don't want to assume.

Just for the modules.
$11.69 for bucket
$3.87 for lid
$13 per bucket
$ ?? Shipping
Countless hours of making a template then drilling...

Total DIY per module: $28 plus shipping.
Price on the UC website (retail):$43.95

Something tells me that calling UC wouldn't be a bad idea. You are $15 off on each bucket, would it not be worth if they got close on this massive scale to save the time in labor and get growing quicker?

Hell, I would consider calling them and saying, I'm willing to pay $x. I need three hundred and fucking ninety buckets! Something tells me you should call them.

I would even tell them I want 380 connecting pipes. I'm willing to pay X in order to save the labor and trip to Home Depot. You'll be cutting a lot less and be up sooner.

Wish I had an account, I would be calling you!

Just my humble opinion.

K

killakron

those ez store pails are weaker than many of the totes, though smaller so less water meaning less outward force. and as far as buying your own ez store, the lids are garbage for large plants and extended use. And to buy the heavy hitters from CC is outrageous. if your gonna run that many lights you would highly benefit from running vertical. if your running over 9 lights it starts to become beneficial, your running 90 it will be awesome. no reflector needed also, and if you are running vertical you should run 1 plant per light on ~60" centers. so less buckets to buy, build, and clean. with 90 plants almost every plant will be getting 4k so you can run larger buckets like the 27 gal(even 2 per bucket), personally i like the 25 gal rubermaid roughneck dark indigio metallic, not the blue one with flat lid, has sturdy raised up lid, very tall, small floor space and dark colored, after weeks of searching this seemed best around. also the bigger the buckets, the more water per plant, the more stable and less res changes needed. with good strains people are pulling 4lbs per plant. 2+ with super elites. sorry for the length hope this helped some, good luck.

L

legalizethis

Premium Member
Supporter
i used stack and nest totes from global industrial. they are super sturdy but pricey.

upskirt shot after 3 weeks veg.

this is 55" centers vegged for 4 weeks. this is 2nd week of flower. the girls are about 5'6" tall and about 5' wide.

after shipping it came to about 45-50 bucks a container. lids are super strong. and so are the totes. i have 72 buckets build. not one crack or leak yet. i really like these totes i wish they were taller tho. i got the 12" ones. i wished i had gotten the 15" tall ones if i did it another time.

i also got a wholesale account with uniseals drop me a pm i got a box of 500 3" and another box of 500 2" seals lol.

L

legalizethis

Premium Member
Supporter
ohh forgot to mention

after building the ez stor pails for the veg. 8gal

only 1 of them cracked i built quite a few. but maybe it was the builder. but just to say i did crack one.

ro pak is the manufacture of the ez stor pails. if buying enough you might be able to go direct.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

With only 25" centers I wouldn't bother with anything much larger than 13 gal.

I agree, hit up CC and let them do the work.....they may have quantity discounts? Who knows, never hurts to ask.

B

BudLust

i pieced together my systems with the same manufacturers CCUC uses. Ropak does the 8 & 13gal buckets. i stuck with the 13gal buckets and custom centers.
I added a couple things but if u want links to where i found stuff to help u out i can post it.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Have you thought about HPA (or my variation) as an alternative? HPA uses a lot less nutes and develops the most efficient roots available.

hth

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I think what dizzle is saying is that:

25" centers on something that moves as fast as UC is jungle lock for sure.

Taking all the time and labor to custom that many buckets, you could have been running already. I think that if I had the choice I would proposition CC for help and hopefully a deal. At the very least, the little extra coin buys you some support that may pay ten fold in the long run.

You surely have run this system before, as you want to custom build the biggest one that I have ever heard of. I say start with a smaller scale system, and go from there.

And when and if you do make the big one, I would still have them set up as multiple smaller systems. Just look at Jack's UC grows. Best of luck.

-TF

M

mrdizzle

hahah nope, Im saying, dont do RDWC for 90,000w, unless of course your seriously prepared to not harvest your first harvest. Personally I would rather at least make back my investment before I allow myself to flush it all down the drain

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I stand corrected.

And yet again, wisdom condensed down to start with the basics, junior:D

F

fuzzy

tan with blue lids-lowes-12 gallon

It took me a while but i finally found some good sturdy 12 gal buckets at lowes that work flawlessly.Been using them for 2 rounds now.Ill look in a little bit to see if they have a name.I have 10 in nets in them.peace,fuzzy

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

thanks for all the replies...between prices, start up time and chiller requirements i scrapped the idea...its just an insane amount of money to get everything right completely sealed and dialed in...not to mention the crazy amount of amps needed and the outrageous powerbill! So instead i went with 64k...4 16 light flowering rooms 40 plants each room all staggered so i dont kill myself and the twister upon harvest. 1-5 ton in each room, 2 rooms on 2 rooms off. No undercurrent either. top fed coco in 5 gals recirc. completely sealed. i will be posting the build and complete growlog soon. im very pleased!

vince vega

vince vega

Looking forward to the show. The 390 bucket UC sounded insane and had me wondering if you were for real. No offense.
So, is there a thread with the coco grow that I can't find? Lil help?

Top Bottom