Building room, need 5 ton AC Unit.

• Thread starter SuspectOnFoot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SuspectOnFoot

SuspectOnFoot

so i have seen a lot of posts with people referring to them but i have never seen any details.

Price Range?
which one is best?
is 5 tons enough for 24kw?
are there any specific methods of installing it that work best for a grow specific application?
is the noise off the fan box a concern in a neighborhood without AC units?

In theory i dont actually need one as i live where i can cool the room naturally, but as i have done this method in the past when i live where it is much hotter and i know how nice it is to operate in a sealed environment and enrich with co2. I would love to hear any pros and cons. obviously the cost of operating it in Cali is the biggest deterrent, but keeping humidity in check is almost enough of a reason in itself.

Of course any advice or experience is always much appreciated. thanks in advance everybody!

~Suspect

deacon1503

deacon1503

a 5ton will cool a max of about 15 1k's in non air cooled hoods..ie, bare verts or AAW.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I would think you need 4k cooling for each vented 1k hood and 6k for each unvented 1k hood so you need more ac to be truly safe.Mini splits are the answer for noise concerns,super quiet and super energy efficient if you stick with a hi quality/hi seer unit.

SuspectOnFoot

SuspectOnFoot

thnaks for those numbers.

i was wondering if a mini split would be enough but from my research i have seen that you can have multiple cooling units inside with only one box located outside. seems pretty nice.

i might be running the gavita lights on this new room. i have been hearing some pretty mazing results, but they arent air cooled and they need to be about 4 feet above the canopy, so cooling becomes critical.

check them out

http://www.gavita-holland.com/

Top Bottom