Building Room, Searched, need advice

• Thread starter Joey steel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Joey steel

Setup as of now is in garage, in a grow labs GL 80L, where ambient temps can reach 90+ w/o lights (400 hps and 250w mh in cool tube w/ 435 cfm fan sucking basement air, venting outside), and max temps are at about 99 on really hot days with lights on, air vents out 4x per day... I use co2 to allow me to grow in these temps. Growing in 12L "Hempy's" buckets. There is a dehumidifier in the tent and a heater so temps never drop below 82... I know, but plants seem to be not taking too much heat stress...

I am moving my operation to the basement where temps stay below 80... even on the hot days (with ambient temps @80 in the garage, the room only gets to about 86 or so)... I am going to frame up an 8'x8'x6' area, covered with black and white poly, to accommodate a 4x8 sealed grow room, and a 2x4 shelved, clone and veg area, with the rest of the area being dedicated to work space/storage.

So my question is about the grow area.... I need to room for the dehumidifier, so should I just build a little table for 1ft tall girls fresh from veg, or should I make a dedicated floor space. my goal is to have a total of 8 flowering at once... 6 might be acceptable(each plant gets a 2'x2' area). I was also going to add one more 400w cool tube in-line with the other and put them on this to have them travel maybe 1.5 feet, or just enough to spread the light around the whole room. So that is would be 1000watts, mixed spectrum, in 2 cool tubes on a light mover(supposedly equivelant to maybe 1200 watts from what I can tell). Reflectors next to eAchother are about 62" so there could be maybe 18" of movement (room is only 96"). Is this enough light? Is there a better way to do this? I like the idea of having only a few plants, and 6-8 should be plenty for me...

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom