Buisness Grants or Loans

• Thread starter dextr0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dextr0

dextr0

Can anyone tell me how I go about getting grants or loans for a small business??
I know I can look on the net but I would rather bypass all the bs, and I definitely dont wanna be putting in work to find out im looking at the wrong things. So if anyone has any real life info (not some he said she said), it would be much appreciated. Thanx everyone.

dextr0

dextr0

Sadly no. It is however plant related. What I want to do is partner up with this guy who has no idea how to start with the nursery he has. He knows little about soil and even less on making your own nutrients. In fact hardly anyone here does. Opportunity knocks, I think imma take her up on her offer this time.

dextr0

dextr0

This is a great book to help along the way also, Im not posting it just cuz; it has actually helped a great deal. A great book through and through for all you who want to do your own thing just like me. It gives resources galore on loans, grants etc. If your looking to start your own business, this is the book I recommend.

Syob new
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

I been wanting to start my own business, im going to have to check that out bro.. thanks for heads up:)

S

ScrOGer

Put together a business plan.
Figure out your expenses to operate, cost of goods, and put together a plan of action. Get an idea of how much it is going to cost you run this business. Are there existing Debt or Liens?

The short and skinny version:

Put together an operations agreement between you and the partner(s).

File your articles of incorporation (L.L.C., L.L.P, etc...)

*** you can do a generic forms and contracts at many legal document websites.

Open up a business acct at your bank.

File for business Licenses and tax permits as well as other local/county/state requirements.

Pass inspections (if needed).

You should be good to go....

S

ScrOGer

for grants:

check out dept of agriculture for references to financial info (grants tax incentives etc...)

S

ScrOGer

FOr Loans:

The SBA is great, especially if you have excellent credit and an asset, like a house. You can qualify for a 200k loan, at favorable interest rates and payback schedules. You have to prove experience in the field, or that your operators are experience and qualified.

But the what heck...I saw the SBA grant a loan to a guy for 150k to open a little bar. he went out of business in 1.5 yrs. He had zero operations experience, but he had a mortgage:D

Good luck on your quest. Perhaps if the hemp law gets passed, you can farm hemp!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wow, ScrOGer, you're a veritable wealth of small business information.

Dex, I hope this works out! My oldest boy is learning landscape design and nursery... 'stuff' (I don't know what it's called). It's not only very interesting, but changes daily and, best of all, you get to be outside pretty much all the time.

dextr0

dextr0

I been wanting to start my own business, im going to have to check that out bro.. thanks for heads up:)

Aint nothin to it but to do it mane. ScrOGer pretty much gave us all that Ive been told and have been reading. Right now im putting prices together to try and guess at a starting price. Was talking to my lil sister and she told me; success comes from Repeatedly doing what others find to hard or boring.

for grants:

check out dept of agriculture for references to financial info (grants tax incentives etc...)

Thats the direction SBA pointed me. They pretty much told me that unless I was going to work a non profit that there were no grants.

If however I was to start the business in a rural area then I might get a grant for that through the USDA rural development. I think each state also has its own department of agriculture. In any case they also gave me a few numbers for mine and I'm looking into what I can work out there.

Definitely thanx for the tips.

Dex, I hope this works out! My oldest boy is learning landscape design and nursery... 'stuff' (I don't know what it's called). It's not only very interesting, but changes daily and, best of all, you get to be outside pretty much all the time.

Ha!ha...thanx Sea. I dont know what its called either. I just call it growing. I love fixing soil and plants and seeing them thrive. I also know that if someone doesn't teach farmers how to preserve the land quick, we will all be suffering. We already are.

I noticed how u are starting your own vegetables. Im looking in that direction also. I love me some food, and if I grew it Ill know im getting it done right. We see how important nutrition is to our plants, our children and us definitely need to think the same way for ourselves also.

Brix anyone??

Im surrounded by farmers and ranchers. They definitely have some of the things I have been looking for and if I get this done Ill have those contacts also. An example would be cow horns. Ive been looking into Bio dynamics and want to make some of the nutrients myself. Also I would like to make that available to others. So im helping myself and others.

Fresh milk would be another example. I always wanted to use fresh milk for my LAB but never had the contact.

Thats the part that excites me the most, knowing that it would be a revolving door.

convex

convex

Aint nothin to it but to do it mane. ScrOGer pretty much gave us all that Ive been told and have been reading. Right now im putting prices together to try and guess at a starting price. Was talking to my lil sister and she told me; success comes from Repeatedly doing what others find to hard or boring.

Thats the direction SBA pointed me. They pretty much told me that unless I was going to work a non profit that there were no grants.

If however I was to start the business in a rural area then I might get a grant for that through the USDA rural development. I think each state also has its own department of agriculture. In any case they also gave me a few numbers for mine and I'm looking into what I can work out there.

Definitely thanx for the tips.

Ha!ha...thanx Sea. I dont know what its called either. I just call it growing. I love fixing soil and plants and seeing them thrive. I also know that if someone doesn't teach farmers how to preserve the land quick, we will all be suffering. We already are.

I noticed how u are starting your own vegetables. Im looking in that direction also. I love me some food, and if I grew it Ill know im getting it done right. We see how important nutrition is to our plants, our children and us definitely need to think the same way for ourselves also.

Brix anyone??

Im surrounded by farmers and ranchers. They definitely have some of the things I have been looking for and if I get this done Ill have those contacts also. An example would be cow horns. Ive been looking into Bio dynamics and want to make some of the nutrients myself. Also I would like to make that available to others. So im helping myself and others.

Fresh milk would be another example. I always wanted to use fresh milk for my LAB but never had the contact.

Thats the part that excites me the most, knowing that it would be a revolving door.

Horticulture I believe.

Cheers

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her.... wait, dude... WHAT??

K

kolah

Just say you are an illegal immigrant and you will easily get free money to start a business, free housing and food and free healthcare.

S

ScrOGer

I dabble.... I collect & broker wine too :) I have made a "Weed Wine" for the last 3 years as well. Pinot Noir, Syrah and Riesling. The latter was co-fermented with shiskaberry :D

Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We're into Pinot's and right now it's all about the '08s, especially central Cali coastals. MacMurray is the best we've found, with Talbott something (we had it at a restaurant in Folsom) coming in a very close second. I think the Talbott is a Willamette vintner.

I've never been able to work well for others for any serious length of time. Longest I've held a job (employed by someone else) is one year. I've done lots of my own businesses, but haven't ever done anything that specifically needed lending, never opened up my own B&M or the like. Have helped many, many friends open up B&Ms, though. Small business is where it's at, IMO/IME.

Top Bottom