Bulb Mites And Springtails

• Thread starter MissBotany
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MissBotany

MissBotany

I have been adding about 1/2 cup of DE with each watering (2x week) and have been dusting the main stem with DE as a preventative. I do have sulfur powder to use as a soil drench on standby but I don’t think I will need it. I don’t see any root damage to the new growth so I either killed the the bulb mites or have significantly reduced their numbers.

Honestly, I think I could could have just did an H202 and DE soil drench in the beginning (skipping the neem oil) and continue to follow up adding DE with each watering. Typically, horticultural oil shouldn’t be used as a soil drench but I was experimenting.

iceman3000

iceman3000

I have been adding about 1/2 cup of DE with each watering (2x week) and have been dusting the main stem with DE as a preventative. I do have sulfur powder to use as a soil drench on standby but I don’t think I will need it. I don’t see any root damage to the new growth so I either killed the the bulb mites or have significantly reduced their numbers.

Honestly, I think I could could have just did an H202 and DE soil drench in the beginning (skipping the neem oil) and continue to follow up adding DE with each watering. Typically, horticultural oil shouldn’t be used as a soil drench but I was experimenting.
How many GL of feed or water did you add the 1/2 cup of DE. I have been chasing what I think was a RA infestation for eight months very large scale 4000-5000 plants but I have yet seen one.. now thinking it’s a bulb mite going to do the old School potato trip tomorrow to see if I can draw something out.. but would be a great help to know on the DE

Thanks again hope you see this

Latest posts

Top Bottom