Bulk up buds??

• Thread starter Gamechanga12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gamechanga12

Hello I was wondering what do you guys recommend as a good nutrient to run in flower to bulk up buds and make then dense?

The Terps

The Terps

There are a bunch of them you have ones you use throughout flower: hydroplex, ginormous, kool or maxibloom, fire, and the list goes on this run I am using hydroplex with the nutrifield line, then you have the late pk boosters being 0-50-30s: shooting powder, Moab, big up, sonic bloom, and the list goes on. This run I will use shooting powder one time half way through week 6 right before I start to flush.
For my next run I will be running mills in coco they have a two part synthetic base then for the first part of flower use their organic bloom booster c4 then the second part of flower you use a synthetic booster to finish it off super simple schedule that yields great results.

TortureKill

TortureKill

Compost teas. Add some black strap molasses to your teas to feed the micros. A lot of flower size and density is in the genetics. Keeping your plants healthy throughout their life cycle, making available the nutrients they need, will allow them maximum uptake and fast growth, resulting in bigger plants and bigger flowers.

I_Love_THC

I_Love_THC

As Calcium and Iron are the main nutrients the plant needs to create long cylindrical cells. Phosphorus is needed to mediate and bump-up the metabolism-speed and Potassium is needed to keep those cells dividing! So, basically, everything that enables you to supply your plant with higher doses of these micro and macro-elements is what you need. If you want to go organic - Iron is in Kelp and nettle. Calcium is in Guano (so is Phosphorus) and banana peels. Potassium is in palm-tree ashes. These are just examples of common sources - you can find many more ways to supply these elements with natural sources. If you don't need to go organic, PK boosters are your solution for Phosphorus and Potassium (obviously) and there are lots of sources for Calcium and Iron (like CalMag and Epsom salts for Ca and Iron Chelate or Sulphate for Iron). Iron is also responsible for chlorophyll formation, so be careful with it in late flowering.
Of course, if you're meticulously pedantic and a perfectionist, you'd want to balance nutrient up-take and sync it with nutrient availability, considering Ph-levels.
PH nutrient chart2
As you can see, it's easy to stimulate chlorophyll-production (needed in the vegetative phase) with Ph-levels ranging from 6.0 to 7.0. After that, lower substrate acidity (raise Ph-levels) to stimulate macronutrient intake, needed to keep your plant healthy and ready for a kick-start in flowering phase (more Phosphorus and Potassium). Whenever you need to stimulate or boost your plant, lower Ph-levels to neutral or slightly acidic (as low as 5.7-6.3 is OK), but after that, your plant would need Sulfur (to stimulate the Carbon-cycle in your soil) and Calcium, so... balance again. After a run or two with a specific strain, you'll be perfect at growing it and you could move on to perfecting other strains.
Here's a link with some useful info on nutrients. It's absolutely simplified, but still... Very correct to a big degree.
http://www.ncagr.gov/cyber/kidswrld/plant/nutrient.htm

Peace. :)

Top Bottom