Burn Or Deficiency?

• Thread starter KineRevival
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KineRevival

KineRevival

Several of my plants are showing some odd leaf color. Potasium deficiency?

Burn or deficiency
Burn or deficiency 2
NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Your first pic looks like mag deficiency. Need a few more details though. What are you feeding how much and what medium and ph

KineRevival

KineRevival

I started with the "tappin roots" and on to using roots organics product as they were all a gift. Ididnt like that they werent watter soluble, so im moving on to fox farm. First feeding soon. PH maybie a bit alchaline. Peat, verm, perlite, kelp meal, lime, and worm compost.

1515873871742 1704475193
1515874120474 1109355076
NotaRasta

NotaRasta

I started with the "tappin roots" and on to using roots organics product as they were all a gift. Ididnt like that they werent watter soluble, so im moving on to fox farm. First feeding soon. PH maybie a bit alchaline. Peat, verm, perlite, kelp meal, lime, and worm compost.
Its hard to tell what your soil ph is from the pic. Also i do t grow in soil either so im probably not the best to give advice on it either. Im also not sure if that 1 bottle of fox farms will be enough to cover the needs of your plants. Hopefully other people will chime in on here. Good luck

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

It does not look like a burn, what is your ph? What soil? Are you feeding? Are you seeing pests?, autoflower or photoperid? Get back to me I will try and help. Sno

Homesteader

Homesteader

Looks like two issues to me. I agree with @NotaRasta that it looks like mag, at least the first picture does to me.
Feeding on top of an amended soil is asking for nutrient interactions. Throw some peat on to drop your pH a bit, it wont hurt.

Looks like hot soil and small roots to me and will get better in time. I wouldn't feed it just let push through.

I assume that the Langbeinite in your soil mix is burning your plant a bit.

Last edited:
Monster762

Monster762

According to this wayyy alkaline. You need to drop ph. Acidify the soil. That color is close to the 7.5 color which simply says way high. Get around 6.5 Not to say thatā€™ll fix everything but start with ph.

Monster762

Monster762

A ph chart I found on here. At 7.5 look at whatā€™s locked out. Try for 6.5-7.0 max ph. Changing ph in soil with plants already growing in no good at yet. Iā€™m kinda new. Iā€™ve used vinegar with slight response n didnā€™t kill anything. I ran real diluted too. I find the ph to climb back up over time though.

47AFDDA2 43E8 4C51 95E0 7899DDF0D144
Homesteader

Homesteader

I would recommend using peat. Peat or Sphagnum is around 5.0-5.5 and will add organic matter to your soil. Grab a few big handfuls and topdress your plants. Vinegar will be temporary and wont give you the change you need.

I don't think those issues are related to your pH though but that doesn't mean you shouldn't fix it.

Monster762

Monster762

I would recommend using peat. Peat or Sphagnum is around 5.0-5.5 and will add organic matter to your soil. Grab a few big handfuls and topdress your plants. Vinegar will be temporary and wont give you the change you need.

I don't think those issues are related to your pH though but that doesn't mean you shouldn't fix it.
Yeah my mix is roots organic green fields cut about 50/50 with promix peat moss added perelite desert sand and mykos. It holds a 7 flat. I want lower n canā€™t get there.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Is pro-mix peat buffered with lime? I would just get a square bale of peat.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

According to your ph test you are at 7.5 this is very high the plant cant get the right nutrients, marijuana can be grow with a ph of 5.5 to 7 6.5 is optimal, you need to lower your ph, I'm going to get flack for this but wtf, flush out your plants, sprinkle a bit of DE Earth around each plant let chill 2 days water lightly I think you are giveing to much nutrients, this should help, if it does go easy on nutrients, I feed my plants base only no food but I have been gowing autoflower plants

Grimmstone

Grimmstone

The high ph would be causing a lockout issue. And would agree with Snoleperd about ph range but would like to add that ph range is dependent on type of substrate. For example 5.5 would be way to low for soil but good for hydro or coco.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

If your ph is low it will only take in certain nutrients same goes when it's high thats why you want to be at 6.5 so your plant will take in all it needs not get to much of this none of that your leaves start looking funky ph is very important.

Latest posts

Top Bottom