Burnt A Stretched Seedling

• Thread starter oskdemon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

cut leaves off?

• Total voters
O

oskdemon

dad put a small space heater on his feet right beside the box; presummably on max. he didnt even realize, when i went to check my seedlings 2 look fine but way too tall, i took too long adjusting my lights in the first week lowered my lights a few to keep them shorter, height isnt gonna be a huge worry for me so its alright . one of the seedlings flopped right over looks like heat burn and low humidity from that heater. shall i remove the leaves to the node and attempt to regrow the 2 set like a super early topping or is this one sure to die this way.
Burnt a stretched seedling
Burnt a stretched seedling 2

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Well a few things.

1 you can always up pot the stretched stem. I did, very very carefully as to not kill the seedling in transplant. I went 6 for 6 :)

2 the effected poor looking seedling, if leave as is for a few days and see if it can pull thru.

Toaster79

Toaster79

dad put a small space heater on his feet right beside the box; presummably on max. he didnt even realize, when i went to check my seedlings 2 look fine but way too tall, i took too long adjusting my lights in the first week lowered my lights a few to keep them shorter, height isnt gonna be a huge worry for me so its alright . one of the seedlings flopped right over looks like heat burn and low humidity from that heater. shall i remove the leaves to the node and attempt to regrow the 2 set like a super early topping or is this one sure to die this way.View attachment 765404 View attachment 765405

The one in the first pic is toast.

O

oskdemon

The one in the first pic is toast.
awh dont say that. it looks like its still got strength but i guess we can both find out. the node is thicker in between the damaged stems seems to be attempting to recover but i know power is weak in this phase

O

oskdemon

sorry forgot to mention the pic of all 4 was the night before and the pic of just the one was in the morning of the tallest one on the left. hence the thread title

chemistry

chemistry

First seedling suffered damping off, the others look fine, and due to the demise of the first seedling, I would get some air blowing round, maybe too high a humidity in your box.

O

oskdemon

First seedling suffered damping off, the others look fine, and due to the demise of the first seedling, I would get some air blowing round, maybe too high a humidity in your box.
u dont think that one will make it, even if i remove the affected leaves. its still standing and supplying water to the stem area above the first nodes. thats why the first set of leaves hasnt and probably will not die

chemistry

chemistry

u dont think that one will make it, even if i remove the affected leaves. its still standing and supplying water to the stem area above the first nodes. thats why the first set of leaves hasnt and probably will not die

I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but your seedling looks doomed. Unless it can produce nodes from the seed leafs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom