Bushmaster and PGR's

• Thread starter aperry975
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aperry975

So after many years of ignoring the hydro guy trying to sell me all sorts of witchcraft, I finally tried some Bushmaster last run. Damn! Puts your girls into almost immediate flower, no stretch with tight nodes with coke bottle sized colas. So this is great but when your expecting a stretch and you get zero, there's some wasted room. I ran it from day 1, 2 and 3 of 12/12 at 1 ml/g with no nutes and went back to normal feeding afterward, flowering began on day 4 or 5. For my next try I was wondering if I can use this after a portion of the stretch is achieved and still get the tight noding and stop the stretch or if I should veg to almost the size i want and then hit it from day 1 like before and maybe use a slightly higher strength since the plant will be larger? The ones I used it one were bushy and about 24 inches tall and probably stretched no more than a few inches (kandy kush and trainwreck-equal results with both). I know there's a thousand different ways to use it(time/strength, etc..) and would like to hear some different ways people are using this and maximizing yield. If anyone would like a larger yield, this is a product to use, but please read up on the risks/different opinions of using growth hormones on consumable plants.

parsnip

parsnip

Not sure how I feel about PGRs. Never used them yet, but they sure are tempting sometimes....

ill eagle

ill eagle

I'm interested in this as well, one thing I would change about my current routine is putting a cap on the stretch. I would spray tho dude as you will prolly get more immediate results and won't have anything complicating your roots, not to mention the savings as 1ml/g seems like it could add up. 1ml/g foliar might go a really long way and one treatment would prolly be perfect on a 9 week stretcher. I'm not planning on spraying beyond 10 days so no fear on tainted flowers.

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

pgrs grow the most disgusting crap you'll ever smoke. i played with flower dragon a while back and it was a huge mistake. Aside from the all the issues with toxicity, it just straight ruins your quality. i think pgrs work by blocking the gibberellins that tell your plants to stretch. gibberellins also tell your plant to produce oils and flavors. see the problem?

i applied it to a mixed strain tent and fed some to my outdoor trees last summer. half the plants didn't respond and grew normally. the ones that did yielded freak monster buds that smelled like moldy fruit. every strain had the same smell. didn't even have enough resin to make decent hash. i was offered 200 for my last ten zips and i took it. ballin!! haha

look into aptus fasilitor if you are really hating the stretch.

ill eagle

ill eagle

You think foliar at 1mil per gallon during the first 10 days of flower is going to spoil the harvy? I just don't see it happening. Do you use the aptus fasilitor as foliar or drench?

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

fasilitor is for drench. a double dose for the first two weeks of flower. and its expensive. i havent used it for this purpose because regular strength is already costly.
i think the very nature of what pgrs do can wreck your quality. i mean, people use them and the stuff is out there, so maybe not everyone thinks the product sucks, but i don't even like to smell it.

applying pgrs is more toxic than consuming the harvest. the main risk is to the grower. a foliar would be a bad idea for this reason.

A

aperry975

well my first and only experience with it..... yielded me monster colas with no garbage on the plant. Overall plant was smaller but the total yield was up and 100%usable. Not sure what the guy with no resin did with his BM but mine are coated. Didn't see much of a quality drop visually yet the smell may have been lower, still dank though, maybe a good thing. Full difference between strains as usual. The moldy smell may have been because you actually molded, huge buds get botyris easily. I'd suggest breaking apart colas for drying. One of my nugs actually was the size of a nerf football. It counteracts other molds though because the smaller plant size with less foliage counteracts the humidlity in the room from plant repiration and eliminates things like powdery mildew, this was the first time i didn't have to use a dehumidifier and my rh was under 40 the whole time. Room quieter and cooler from no dehumifier too. Cleanest grow ever too. As for toxicity, rather than reading on MJ sites, i've googled the hell out of it for months and have found that its used on fruits and vegetables so i'm not 100% sold on it "killing" me yet. Its hard for me to take people seriously who inhale MJ smoke daily yet complain about relative toxicities of one application of a growth hormone thats most likely not or faintly present in the plant at the time of consumption.....just sayin. I've read thru all the rat/bunny tests as well where they pour 1000x dosage into their foods and they were rather inconclusive. My conclusion is its probably similar to drinking milk with hormones, probably better without it but you're not gonna drop dead from using it. If someone has something scientific to read where it has real dangers listed I'd love to read it, please post a link though. I used it in the medium and not as foliar so probably better as for contaminating myself at usage. I'm gonna try vegging 3 weeks extra and hitting a larger plant with it this time at even lower dosage and only expect a 25% stretch. I'll post results back here after.

ill eagle

ill eagle

Ya it's definitely worth a whirl. I'm going to do the 1ml per gallon foliar and hope I don't die younger than the mean life expectancy. I've seen some pretty amazing results with this stuff outside my gardens and know there is potential.

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

pgrs are only approved for apples and a few other longer cycle crops. it lingers in the plant for 6 to 8 weeks. why poison the safest drug in the world? why make health decisions for customers and patients? i dumped a bunch of pgr buds on an old biker who laughed when i told him they might be a little toxic. some people don't care, but most will.

yield increases are earned. i like to grow the kind of pot that doesn't give people cancer. my dad was diagnosed with early onset parkinsons 20 years after being exposed to agent orange in the marines. pgr farmers could be exposing themselves to risks that won't show up for decades.

Latest posts

Top Bottom