bushmaster in coco question

• Thread starter budboy299
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budboy299

budboy299

This run I tried a different stain...Critical Mass

It is one hell of an unruly stretcher. Anyway, I foliar sprayed them at the start of 12/12 with 2ml/gallon of bushmaster, repeated two days later with 3ml/gallon,
then 5 more times with the 3ml/gallon. It didn't slow the stretch at all...the damn plants didn't even quiver.
Now I am sure I "could" of pushed harder as they showed no signs of stress at all. No stippling or burn.

Anyone have any other thoughts on this?

Sometimes I run a couple strains and it would be nice to slow one down to keep the canopy even.

B

bakershredhead

Hey Budboy if the pheno you have is a big stretcher you could try adding some Moab during the first few weeks it has a high level of p and k that will help induce flowering. Also you could just build a trellis or use some of the fencing a home depot that comes in sheets of 4x7 and train your plants around this. Also how do you like the critical mass? How's the quality, quantity. I've been thinking about grabbing some of these beans or possibly the Haze critical mass.

S

Snow Crash

This run I tried a different stain...Critical Mass

It is one hell of an unruly stretcher. Anyway, I foliar sprayed them at the start of 12/12 with 2ml/gallon of bushmaster, repeated two days later with 3ml/gallon,
then 5 more times with the 3ml/gallon. It didn't slow the stretch at all...the damn plants didn't even quiver.
Now I am sure I "could" of pushed harder as they showed no signs of stress at all. No stippling or burn.

Anyone have any other thoughts on this?

Sometimes I run a couple strains and it would be nice to slow one down to keep the canopy even.

Sounds like you need to hit that strain full force.

I think the foliar concept is dead on with Coco but you could have hit them with a few other things. If you can get your hands on some Cold-Pressed and chemical kelp extract your be in business. Something like Organicare Seaplex and Nitrozyme in addition to the Bushmaster would have a dramatic effect. You can also do a root drench with the kelp extracts during the stretch period to keep it under control.

Humboldt Nutrients SeaMag is another option. This stuff though, it completely stops growth for 2-3 days. Might be what you need but definitely use for a short period of time. I mistakenly used it during the 4th and 5th weeks of flowering and just killed my harvest weight.

Here's some info on Bushmaster usage from Emerald Triangle (from a few years ago) you might find interesting:

Venom818

Venom818

instead of using it as a foliar i would just mix it in with the feed.I use phosphoload with og's and ecsd and it stops there stretch literally in like 3 days tops.

budboy299

budboy299

bakersredhead...the quantity was not there as my room was really too cold. The other strains that ran along side it did not do well quantity either....but....the buds look really good. Lots of Trichs and a very slight purplish tinge. They are slow drying now in a cold spot so it will take a while for a smoke report on these.

Snow Crash...I will hit these next run with staggering amounts per plant to see what the limit is for use on this strain. 2ml/gallon is just laughed at, so I will try and bump it on a few gals.

Also I want to stick with foliar till I get it dialed in. I re-use my coco, and honestly the damn stuff seems to get better with each run. This is run 5 with this room's coco. I cannot tell you exactly why, tons of theories, but for some reason the re-used coco is kicking ass! If you use a root drench with the bushmaster...all the reports say it is next to impossible to thoroughly was out for the next run.

S

Snow Crash

Snow Crash...I will hit these next run with staggering amounts per plant to see what the limit is for use on this strain. 2ml/gallon is just laughed at, so I will try and bump it on a few gals.

Also I want to stick with foliar till I get it dialed in. I re-use my coco, and honestly the damn stuff seems to get better with each run. This is run 5 with this room's coco. I cannot tell you exactly why, tons of theories, but for some reason the re-used coco is kicking ass! If you use a root drench with the bushmaster...all the reports say it is next to impossible to thoroughly was out for the next run.

Please read the link I provided.

I did not tell you to drench with Bushmaster in coco. On the bottle of Bushmaster it specifically states not to use it in coco.

What I suggested was using products that are proven to work.

Cold and Chemical Kelp Extracts. This is what you want to be doing a drench with. I have used both Organicare Seaplex and General Organics BioWeed. There's still other stuff out there. MaxiCrop, Nitrozyme, and many others.

All of Emerald Triangle's Humboldt's Own products, from Gravity, to Bushmaster, to Snow Storm, to PurpleMaxx... They need to be used conservatively. Going overboard with this stuff is a good way to kill your plant.

All things in moderation.

Try out Kelp Extracts in conjunction with Bushmaster. This is what the MFG suggests you do. I suggest drenching with JUST kelp, no Bushmaster.

budboy299

budboy299

Hi Snow Crash, I do use kelp extract from Super-Grow, but from conversations with the owner of that site...kelp can be applied either via the roots or the leaves, BUT it only increases the uptake or sensitivity of nutes through the root system. Something to do with cells of roots being different in the way they uptake in comparison to leaves.

The link you provided is the same one that has been on here for a long time and read and re-read by myself many times over. The actual bottle of bushmaster though specifically says regarding foliar feeding ...1ml per gallon...repeated up to 3 times over a 2 week period....This method is particularly advantageous in straight coir....etc. So the bottle does mention coir, and to foliar apply.

label is included for reference...

again, I do use kelp extract as a drench along with my feed and also fulvic acid.

Bushmaster
C

chuckfarm66

The critical seems to be a good yielder but the amount of leaves it has seems to be inhibiting the buds at the bottom as well as increasing the humidity in the room. Does anyone out there know how to get the most out of critical to in a hydro enviroment? Thanks Chuckfarm

Top Bottom