Butane causing mouth sores

• Thread starter Medusa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Black Lab

Black Lab

The problem with waxes and other concentrates is that it pretty much ruins smoking/vaping flowers. Your tolerance will get so high that joints and bowls of bud just don't cut it anymore. I went through a concentrate phase and when I decided to go back to bud it was about a month before things balanced out for me and I started getting buzzed again . And, I do worry about the heavy dense smoke from concentrates effect on lungs. I remember coughing a lot more. To each their own, but I won't go back to wax again.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Ive been dabbing for over 2 years and i go thru about 3 ounces a month so between 15-20 grams of bho.. Never a single mouth sore..

I don;t know anything in butane that would cause a mouth sore tbh.. Ive known people to huff the shit before str8 from the can, Oddly enough i posted a story about that on a forum ages ago.. some chick in the uk was hooked on huffing cans of tane.. Fkin gross but her face was fine no issues that i could see..

Tbh i wouldn't worry about it sounds like gossip to me.. Or someone had a herpes outbreak and blamed it on a batch of bho for whatever reason.. denial there gf's passing off the sti's.. shrugs lol

TMI. Ya fuckin nut. Lmao. Yep boils down to who u trust making it.

colostoney

colostoney

if ya can get herpes from sharin joints I think I would have it
im in one my weird moods and that shiz made me itch

ok here is something for thought the reburn or resin from bho is strange shit
anyone else notice some of it flat out never burns
well that is because its petroleum by product not resin from the herb
did ya ever see resin that didn't burn in any pipe or drippin out any hash joint before in your life
nope because that shits like vasoline or mineral oil
I used to mke a lot a bho way back when I was a KID lol jokin im 38
and I got to experimentin and out the same case of say vector
I tested 3 cans blown with no weed into pie pans
and one of them contained a very sticky vasoline or suntan lotion film
one a lot less still some sorta funk was left
and one evaporated "clean"
after this experiment every bho hit I took after that tasted like plastic or vasoline to me sorta
IDK though Im nutso so I may have messed my head up
its dangerous and expensive to make compare to water hash or dry sift
and when ya are better at growing flowers in scissor hash are plenty when ya get old

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Hey Colostoney :D Welcome to the farm, Can i just ask 1 small favor please :D USE Paragraphs!!!! Its hard to read blocks of text like that. :D

colostoney

colostoney

oquote="LittleDabbie, post: 1342831, member: 60679"]Hey Colostoney :D Welcome to the farm, Can i just ask 1 small favor please :D USE Paragraphs!!!! Its hard to read blocks of text like that. :D[/quote]
shit don't read my posts then
I ignore 99% of yours it is easy
Ill post how I choose
BHO is for high school kids
Most folks get over the phase after they learn to grow good smoke
around here bho is popular cuz wannabees can take subpar flower or whatever and make a decent potent concentrate but with water hash drysift or just flowers there
is no polishing the turd

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

around here bho is popular cuz wannabees can take subpar flower or whatever and make a decent potent concentrate but with water hash drysift or just flowers there
is no polishing the turd

Well said.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

[/quote]

BHO is for high school kids
is no polishing the turd[/quote]

well, there is that
but then there are also folks with the highest quality bud that extract with butane then winterize to remove the waxes,lipids,etc...
and some of those folks haven't been high school kids for 40 years
some of those folks also use butane to extract the oil out of water hash to remove the impurities
to each their own

fwiw

colostoney

colostoney

I aint trying to dawg anyone for the dab at all its just bad for you and dangerous to make so it is irritating a pinch

I just don't understand how adding petroleum biproducts to a concentrate to remove the natural impurities is a fair trade off
then again I really cant see why ya need more concentrate than really
well made water extracted or dry sift hash
and its just way cheaper n safer to make and tastes better
and none the extra funky paint fume in my lung burn

I don't look down on anyone who smokes bho productsat all bro
I used to fiend out for weeks straight on pans n pans for years so I get it whatever rings your bells is awesome
I didn't mean it that way I meant mostly inexperienced highschool or young growers smoke it here in Colo idk
it was a fad and Im glad to see going out because people want good bubble here again idk
reprocessed n spun down icehash is pretty damn amazin clean I am experimenting with makin a bigger hash centrifuge
this winter

I just don't see a lot a experienced growers with top level flowers melting them with petro solvents at all.
Even some my most die hard blasters saw the light and now mostly just smoke flower in scissor hash
heck my scissor hash burns on my old nail rig perfect and I just scrape it off the scissors and viola its perfect
no muss no fuss no me getting stoned n killin myself or burning my face off

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I just don't see a lot a experienced growers with top level flowers melting them with petro solvents at all.
Even some my most die hard blasters saw the light and now mostly just smoke flower in scissor hash
heck my scissor hash burns on my old nail rig perfect and I just scrape it off the scissors and viola its perfect
no muss no fuss no me getting stoned n killin myself or burning my face off

Im also not a grower.. I suffer chronic pain and im a former smoker.. Flowers and hash made from water dont do it for me. I need concentrated doses on demand. Not to mention with bho when im done with it, I can reclaim the rig and turn the reclaim into medicine for other people to enjoy.. dbl bang for the buck.. Cant do that with resin smoking flowers or hash all day.

Not to mention ive never smoked any hash that could compare in flavor or high to any good batch of bho.. Hash just always taste the same.. Like hash..

Theres little muss and no fuss when someone who knows what there doing makes and purges the Bho..

Im not trying to convert anyone to bho its just a little annoying when non bho users seem to think theres absolutely no need for bho because they don't use it themselfs or even understand it fully.

:D

colostoney

colostoney

nah I made my first batch a bho wax prob 15 years ago
I use to be a caregiver to many patients I made Pounds a bho and I used to smoke a ton of it I agree the high is intense
but if regular hash n flowers isn't enough I truly wonder about the quality cuz it slays me and the most serious med issue people I know

I just stoped using and making bho because it contains petrochem biproducts all of it does I've tried the best of the best all over the world it all has a plastic or paint after taste
even super duper winterized and purged it still has a paint taste thats the mineral oil or vasoline type shiz sorta sizzlin
Have the reclaim tested I guarantee you a huge percentage of it is not even from cannabis but a petro byproduct similar to mineral oil or vasoline
so idk exactly HOW MEDICINAL THAT RECLAIM IS at all lol if some of it never seeming to burn is what made me question bho all along brother
just saying man one total thc fiend to another

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Perhaps you need to come take over my lower back for a few days and see if that statement still holds truth :D

When ya smoke like i smoke ya develop a tolerance to most of the effects so i don't get shit faced high no matter how many dabs i take. And thats even worse if i gotta smoke hash thats not up there in % or smoke flowers at what 15% thc..

Ive never smoked anyone elses bho and a handful of people have smoked mine and no one has ever said anything to me about petrol plastic or mineral oil flavors.. Only weed flavors as intended..

I do know theres residuals in both the bho and the reclaim but there residuals not enough for me to worry about. Inhaled worse shit when i smoked cigarettes and put far worse shit into my body when i drank alcohol.. and were talkin bottom shelf 10$ gallons of pure gut rot here..

The people who've gotten bits of my reclaim including my self have used it with no health side effects as of yet. 1 guy alone with the help of my reclaim and bho was able to put on weight that he had lost from opiates and such. Hes now lifting weights and eating 4+ meals a day something a year ago he was never doing.

So yea its medicine to me and alot of people. Residual ppm or not the air you breath is far more contaminated.. The soda people drink the burgers from fast food joints... The shitty mexcian brick weed we all used to smoke.. the resin we used to scrape from out bowls the hair outta the carpet from when we dropped our bags and hada go carpet fishing.

To add: being a former smoker for 20+ years means my lungs DO NOT like smoke and its hard for me to inhale flowers.. dabs not a problem.. but flowers / hash .. problem.

Top Bottom