Butane causing mouth sores

• Thread starter Medusa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
curious2garden

curious2garden

I use a de waxed hexane solvent concentrate made by my friend who holds a Ph.D. in Organic chemistry and worked for big pharma.

Here is a sample of our product, I am the grower. Maybe he can answer a few questions? @cannabineer

Little Dabbie I wish you were close to me I would LOVE to have you try some of our concentrates. Besides the Bear and me no one else has used them. I would love to know how they compare. The problems of working in a vacuum.

colostoney

colostoney

awesome! This punk named Dunns was supposed to owe me a fat hexane oil sample YEARS ago but he flaked out like so many stoneys I've befriended before. pisses me off
Super bad juju to dawg out a herb shaman when ya grow though. 7 years bad crops

Man that's some pretty lookin hho though I had some from a college years ago that was really smooth but its terps seemed a lil bland of course could a been the product

curious2garden

curious2garden

^^^^ Speechless !!! Id love be the subject of testing all that product lol

Hey I tried to PM you. I may not have enough posts yet or it could be the fact I am using an iPad. Of course I should be upstairs in the grow but instead here I am, failing at pm'ing you.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Fixed :D It was my privacy settings i had totally skipped over assuming the defaults were set up so people could pm.. :D

BTW sorry medusa for hijacking your thread :D ( it happens alot don't it lol )

cannabineer

cannabineer

Good morning Annie and community!

I am currently using hexane as my workhorse extraction solvent.
I would like to try butane or propane (yup, Vietnamese soup lol) as the extractant, as I think that either in a closed system will return better selectivity over hexane or anything else i can keep in an unpressurized bottle.

Where I gain confidence that any and all solvent is removed from the products Annie has shown above is that I do something apparently unique in the biz.
I distil the extract under a high vacuum.

This leaves the fixed contaminants and most pigments behind. It also comprehensively decarboxylates the THCA, CBDA etc. without opportunity for oxidative loss. Finally, it makes for a complete vacuum purge of all volatiles, including (alas) the flavor monoterpenes.

I am working to the point where I have built an independent capacity to not only purify but assay these distillates for content of THC. The bonus is that I will have some water-white 99+% delta-nine THC as both an analytical sample and a trial medicine for patients who have especial tolerance combined with especial sensitivity. Annie and I are laying the foundations for a project to deliver these refined materials effectively as an oral preparation.

ethnoman

ethnoman

Good morning Annie and community!

I am currently using hexane as my workhorse extraction solvent.
I would like to try butane or propane (yup, Vietnamese soup lol) as the extractant, as I think that either in a closed system will return better selectivity over hexane or anything else i can keep in an unpressurized bottle.

Where I gain confidence that any and all solvent is removed from the products Annie has shown above is that I do something apparently unique in the biz.
I distil the extract under a high vacuum.

This leaves the fixed contaminants and most pigments behind. It also comprehensively decarboxylates the THCA, CBDA etc. without opportunity for oxidative loss. Finally, it makes for a complete vacuum purge of all volatiles, including (alas) the flavor monoterpenes.

I am working to the point where I have built an independent capacity to not only purify but assay these distillates for content of THC. The bonus is that I will have some water-white 99+% delta-nine THC as both an analytical sample and a trial medicine for patients who have especial tolerance combined with especial sensitivity. Annie and I are laying the foundations for a project to deliver these refined materials effectively as an oral preparation.

Sounds like a great process. I wish you luck on the venture. Always good to have some reliably clean concentrates out on the market.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
me to sorry, i didnt mean to either, and there is really good oil out there, just be carefull. Theres alot of Grows gone Bad getting oiled up! watch yourselfs!!!

Yep read in the gorges post. Washington grower trying to sell 400 pounds for 400. Each Because of mold didn't pass regulations. That would suck but making into concentrates.

chuckchill

chuckchill

hey medusa. yup. i was getting it.+ IT WAS OF THE CHEAP ASS TANE I USED. + NOT PURGED ENOUGH.,BUT! SOME PLANTS JUST DO THE MOUTH ULCER THING. IDK.BUT? IMO IYTS IN THE PURGE.
PEACE.C.C
Resently hearing about mouth sores caused by bho. Processed with butane. Anyone have these symptoms?

chuckchill

chuckchill

omg? do folks really use .P.M,D UP .MOLDY MILDEWEY MUCK FOR BHO?:(OOHH YUK. I DONT BUY THAT SHIT.OR BUBBLE.LOL.+ I MAKE MY OWN MEDIBLES. C.C. HOW WOULD U TELL THAT A RUNS GOT BUDROT ETC?
CHEERS FOR THAT.
PEACE.CHUCK CHILL.
I haven't heard anything like that but won't say it's not possible with how much some folks consume nowadays; Especially when you never know what is god's name people are smoking...

Batches of bho that don't pass residual contaminants test or tested at all for that matter. Bug infested/pm ridden/bud rot beset material that I guarantee some careless people will blast into some kind of bho sludge that makes it way onto some socalled dispensary shelves. Probably cheap too so some might buy it regularly.

Thankfully I think it's not the majority of concentrates. It is it's popularity that allows for more crud to get into peoples hands to dab.

chuckchill

chuckchill

There is small quantitys of MERCURY ETC IN GAS. NOW THAT SHIRT WILL BLISTER MORE THAN UR GOB.LOL. + .IT DAM HURST.
C.C
Ive been dabbing for over 2 years and i go thru about 3 ounces a month so between 15-20 grams of bho.. Never a single mouth sore..

I don;t know anything in butane that would cause a mouth sore tbh.. Ive known people to huff the shit before str8 from the can, Oddly enough i posted a story about that on a forum ages ago.. some chick in the uk was hooked on huffing cans of tane.. Fkin gross but her face was fine no issues that i could see..

Tbh i wouldn't worry about it sounds like gossip to me.. Or someone had a herpes outbreak and blamed it on a batch of bho for whatever reason.. denial there gf's passing off the sti's.. shrugs lol

chuckchill

chuckchill

im supprised its still ,open. it takes ,us! PEOPLE POWER TO ,NOT USE SHADY PLACES!THEN THEY WILL GO WERE NEEDED:-) CLOSED.IF THERE KNOWINGLLY?PUTTING P.M NUGS.BOTYRITIS ETC ON THEIR SHELVES.PEOPLE SHOULDNT BUY IT.UR GETTIN TOOK! THEY BE LAFFING UP THEIR SLEEVES BRO.THE BASTARDS .
PEACE.
C.C
There are some super sketchy extracts on the shelves of my local dispensaries, stuff the owners or staff wont even smoke. Buds with botryitus and pm or mold from early jarring. Its a mess really.

Top Bottom