Butter Vs Coconut Oil

• Thread starter LadyBuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LadyBuds

LadyBuds

Would like opinions on butter vs coconut oil. I have only tried butter in the past but from what I have read coconut oil has the ability to hold about 30% more THC. I would like to know if you have tried this what methods have you used and how were your results.

Thanks for your input.

justiceman

justiceman

I've used coconut oil in place of butter. It worked very well. I mean very very well hahahahaha. I used some of it on my toast and well let's say I was toast for the rest of the friggen day!

Made it a while back so I forget the exact details, but I believe I cooked a mixture of bud and coconut oil on the low setting on the stove(forget if I used a double boiler method or not). If you get it too hot the taste is terrible. Then I strained it through cheese cloth and wallah coconut butter.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I prefer butter for baking and oil for canna caps and savory cooking like eggs or potatoes I like to use qp of trim per pound of oil or butter in my Crock-Pot on low for 18hrs strain and let set then its an easy 1/4 cup per 12 strong doses

S

SHIRDABZALOT

I actually prefer coconut to butter. I fuckin hate the taste of the weed butter in edibles, just has a weird taste to me. Almost gags me. Coconut doesn't for some reason.

straincreation

straincreation

I use half and half bro two sticks of butter and a pound if coconut oil, just cause what's cookies without butter!! I found that it works great and is super potent, the fats hold better in the coconut oil, just cause it's plant based, but your body is more reactive to the fat solubility of the butter. Gl happy farmin

Graywolf

Graywolf

Would like opinions on butter vs coconut oil. I have only tried butter in the past but from what I have read coconut oil has the ability to hold about 30% more THC. I would like to know if you have tried this what methods have you used and how were your results.

Thanks for your input.

We've extracted with both coconut oil and clarified butter (ghee) with good results.

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/extracting-with-oils-and-fats/

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Its all about temp and decarb time. I put an oz of buds in my magic butter machine on low heat setting for 8 hours for tincture and the oil was not potent at all. Fast decarb at 250 for 30 minutes gives the strongest end product.
User71307 pic344578 1270451848

LadyBuds

LadyBuds

Okay just finished my coconut oil last night. I didn't decarb it I simply wrapped 2.5oz in cheese cloth put it in the crock pot with the coconut oil and about 2 cups of water and let it cook for 18 hours. Let cool and harden in fridge, then separated and reheated the oil to put back in jar. Made some canna eggs and bacon this morning it is SUPER strong. I am not sure the benefit of decarbing your trim if it does the same thing once heated with the oil/butter.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I honestly believe coconut oil is better, gives a much better taste and I also feel that it is more potent. I just went back these holidays to making butter again, not happy with the results. Have made much better with coconut oil. Something classy about it lol, healthier alternative.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I honestly believe coconut oil is better, gives a much better taste and I also feel that it is more potent. I just went back these holidays to making butter again, not happy with the results. Have made much better with coconut oil. Something classy about it lol, healthier alternative.
I like them both, but noted a significant difference between a raw butter extraction and a clarified butter extraction. The latter has far less chlorophyll and water solubles, so has much improved flavor.

We typically use coconut oil as a menstruum, instead of ghee, because of its healthier medium chain triglycerides.

Top Bottom